News Disneyland to give Tarzan’s Treehouse a new theme

Dear Prudence

Lol no worries.

Tarzan’s soundtrack is the absolute greatest of them all, in my opinion. The Lion King’s score is the best, but in terms of written lyrics, Tarzan‘s songs take the cake.

No other soundtrack has come even slightly close, and it’s been 23 years.
Yeah, I am a huge Collins fan as an artist (he invented the gated reverb drum that defined the 80s), and his soundtrack work for Tarzan and Brother Bear are impeccable. I remember listening to the soundtrack over and over and I had no interest in seeing the film more than once.

Dear Prudence

20220418_184026.jpg

Ready for Antonio's Treehouse! 🤩😍

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Beautiful movie still but from an attraction design standpoint there's not much there. I don't doubt Disney will use Encanto 'cause they got to strike while the iron is hot but if you strip away the animals and the character of Antonio, the tree itself isn't much of a star. It's hardly attraction-worthy with it's limited theming and place-making. I'd wonder if Disney could pull it off. The only thing the idea has going for it is how nice the treehouse would look at night. But the same could be said for the tree atop the Splash Mountain overlay. If they're going to give the treehouse a new theme; there are probably better options. Encanto deserves a better representation in the parks. Something that better encapsulates the theme of the movie and not a brief moment in the film that just happens to feature a tree.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Fun fact: Bolt is one of the highest rated WDAS pictures on Rotten Tomatoes.
Not to go on a tangent but I find it interesting that movies like Bolt, Lady and the Tramp, Fox and the Hound, Old Yeller, 101 Dalmations, Oliver and Co, The Aristocats.. etc are not featured in the parks. It's like Disney is averse to creating pet-themed attractions. Universal on the other hand would naw it's left paw off for a chance to feature an entire Secret Life of Pets land if given the chance. Why is that? Why is Disney so utterly afraid of making attractions based on cats and dogs. Where's the Homeward Bound attraction?

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

I haven’t seen Encanto. Do the characters embark on adventures of any sort? Does the jungle/rainforest in the film have a sense of danger and excitement to it? From what I’ve read, it sounds more like a family drama.

Again, I’m not even that invested in whether or not it fits the land’s sensibility; I’m just glad the tree isn’t being bulldozed.

No Name

Beautiful movie still but from an attraction design standpoint there's not much there. I don't doubt Disney will use Encanto 'cause they got to strike while the iron is hot but if you strip away the the animals and the character of Antonio, the tree itself isn't much of a star; hardly attraction-worthy with it's limited theming and place-making. I wonder if Disney could pull it off. The only thing it has going for it is how nice it'll look at night. But the same could be said for the tree atop the Splash Mountain overlay. If they're going to overlay an new IP onto the treehouse they need to go BIGGER. I would think Encanto is deserving of a better representaion.
Yeah, I agree, the one takeaway nobody’s ever had from the movie is “wow, I wish I could visit Antonio’s treehouse.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fun fact: Bolt is one of the highest rated WDAS pictures on Rotten Tomatoes.
To be more precise ( ;) )....

Of the 32 WDAS movies made since 1990, on the Tomatometer score, Bolt ranks 10th (89%).

On the actual rating score from critics, Bolt ranks 18th (72%).

Normalizing the audience rating of Rotten and IMDB, Bolt came in 15th (71%)

Certainly in the top half. Perfectly good scores.

WDWJoeG

First id like to direct you to my signature as perhaps you are new to the Disneyland side of the forums. Also, just because a movie isn't well received during its theatrical debut doesn't mean it cant increase in popularity through the years. See Nightmare Before Christmas.

Not to mention there could be different reasons for it not being big in the box office like bad marketing, competition/ bad timing etc.
Q: What are the most iconic Disney movies?

A: Bambi, Dumbo, Princess and the Frog.

Sure, why not. Rationalization is fun.

Yes, the cult of Nightmare Before Christmas absolutely mirrors the passion for the alligator and his trumpet. Exactly.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I'm incredibly calm - mocking you is very relaxing and soothing to me.

You re weird. Is it that crazy to you that someone might think Princess and the Frog is like the 17 or 18th best Disney movie every made? There’s only 60 and that’s including the package films and some of the garbage they made in the 70s, 80s and 2000’s. Stop making this about Splash Mountain.

Dear Prudence

Screenshot_20220418-220023_Chrome.jpg

I almost bought this for my nephew for Christmas, but he's definitely getting it this year. It reminds me a lot of the Lion King babies playset. 😭 I hope the retheme ends up being this cool. I am so happy the tree is staying, honestly.

Brer Panther

Not to go on a tangent but I find it interesting that movies like Bolt, Lady and the Tramp, Fox and the Hound, Old Yeller, 101 Dalmations, Oliver and Co, The Aristocats.. etc are not featured in the parks. It's like Disney is averse to creating pet-themed attractions.
I feel like it might be because most of them don't have out of the ordinary locations that would lend themselves well to dark rides, nor iconic situations that would lend themselves well to flat rides.

britain

View attachment 634121

I almost bought this for my nephew for Christmas, but he's definitely getting it this year. It reminds me a lot of the Lion King babies playset. 😭 I hope the retheme ends up being this cool. I am so happy the tree is staying, honestly.

At first I thought, Antonio's tree is not a very effective way to bring Encanto to the parks, but I think I was looking at it backwards.

I know Antonio and his animals have little to do with the main storyline, but think of Antonio as more of a launching point to do something Animal Kingdom-ish for Disneyland. Not animal shapes in the bark, like the Tree of Life. But think of it as a quasi educational fake zoo tour. Here's a reptile area, here's a bird area, here's a big cats area, etc. all with little signs "written by" Antonio.

And this way, it's not THE Encanto book report attraction. You could still do that theoretically in DCA or whatever.

el_super

If they're going to give the treehouse a new theme; there are probably better options. Encanto deserves a better representation in the parks. Something that better encapsulates the theme of the movie and not a brief moment in the film that just happens to feature a tree.

Just because they spend the money on the treehouse, doesn't mean they can't add something more later on. Encanto can still get better representation in the parks down the line, but really this is more of an effort to save the treehouse. Maybe it would be better to just level the treehouse and be done with it, since the amount of staying power of any attraction there will be limited. Maybe it would get more use as a queue for Pirates than anything else.

Let's use the "Avatar was popular but forgettable test" on SFR...

Without looking it up, what were the names of the family members?

;)

Fritz, Ernst and Young? Moochie? You're right ... I don't remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom