News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Scary Adventure's exterior was themed to the Evil Queen's castle which is why there was a spooky dungeon in the queue.

I really hope they keep it, instead of replacing it with a wishing well, gets absorbed into the queue, or worst of all just gets walled off with nothing replacing it.
Ah ok . i misunderstood what you meant.

NateD1226

It's not terrible...but it's not good either. I get what they were trying to do, but they should've just left the ride alone in the first place. Plus that new Snow White AA is so cheap and even laughable.

Sharon&Susan

Pretty good additions over all, really should've worked on making the crows look more like doves since they bothered to remove the skulls. Also whatever is replacing the Evil Queen's dungeon still doesn't look welcoming despite the obvious effort to make it so.

mickEblu

Wow they really turned the queens dungeon in the queue into Snow Whites bedroom? ☹️ Anyway, I like most of the additions they made to the Dwarves cottage and dwarves mine scenes. Although I’m not sure I’m a fan of any movie footage on attractions. The white rabbit scene is my least favorite addition of the recent Alice upgrades. It doesn’t work. You can’t build out a 3D world that we re going around in close proximity and have movie scenes on screens too. They conflict with each other and immediately take you of the action of suspending disbelief.

What remains to be seen is what they did with all the scary stuff.

SuddenStorm

Wow they really turned the queens dungeon in the queue into Snow Whites bedroom? ☹️ Anyway, I like most of the additions they made to the Dwarves cottage and dwarves mine scenes. Although I’m not sure I’m a fan of any movie footage on attractions. The white rabbit scene is my least favorite addition of the recent Alice upgrades. It doesn’t work. You can’t build out a 3D world that we re going around in close proximity and have movie scenes on screens. They conflict with each other.

What remains to be seen is what they did with all the scary stuff.

Bingo.

Also, any kind of suspense/intrigue appears to be gone. Entering the attraction originally with the queen overlooking Fantasyland, the foreboding paint paint scheme, the Queen's dungeon- those things are striking for children and really create lasting impressions.

For some reason I doubt this new queue will have the same effect.

This looks amazing. Hope they keep the scary witch transformation and dungeon scenes and just shortened the rainy trip through the woods to add the new ending scenes which look spectacular!

Side-note: It seems that they are "plussing" every Fantasyland Dark Ride. Do you think they'll do Pinocchio or Toad next? Whenever that will be due to the current economic state of the world...

SuddenStorm

This looks amazing. Hope they keep the scary witch transformation and dungeon scenes and just shortened the rainy trip through the woods to add the new ending scenes which look spectacular!

Side-note: It seems that they are "plussing" every Fantasyland Dark Ride. Do you think they'll do Pinocchio or Toad next? Whenever that will be due to the current economic state of the world...

If Snow White was deemed to scary I can't imagine what they'll do with Toad where you get hit by a train and end up in hell. Which, again, are two very striking experiences that are beloved and delightfully unique and unexpected.

I worry Disneyland is working to make all their attractions 'corporate bland', where these unique elements to Disneyland that work to make the attractions actually interesting will be slowly phased out. I doubt Frog Mountain will have anything as impressionable as the two vultures and Brer Rabbit about to get skinned...

mickEblu

Bingo.

Also, any kind of suspense/intrigue appears to be gone. Entering the attraction originally with the queen overlooking Fantasyland, the foreboding paint paint scheme, the Queen's dungeon- those things are striking for children and really create lasting impressions.

For some reason I doubt this new queue will have the same effect.

Exactly that’s the stuff you remember. But then again we re talking about the the every kid gets a trophy generation. So God forbid they get a little scared or there’s a little mystery. There is a place for happy, bright and cheery. Maybe they felt that Snow White, being Walts first film deserved to be more than a scary romp through the forest. Considering the constraints they had to deal with I’m not sure I agree. And also considering that this princessification and Star Wars / Marvel takeover is happening all over the resort it just takes away more variety from the park and homogenizes everything.

It’s sad. They don’t look at anything at the parks from a birds eye view anymore. Or seem to do any long term planning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom