News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

I have to suspect the determination was made that had they simply removed "Scary" from the title many guests would not have actively noticed the change and colloquial usage of "Scary Adventures" might have remained.

Since the overarching effort being made here seems to be to affect the tone of the ride in such a way that young riders no longer feel discouraged from riding, it seems like a case of having to go Left because merely not going Right isn't enough.

I don't completely love the new name . . . but I get it. I would have liked simply "Snow White's Adventures", but it makes some sense that they felt the need to do more. It's an active rebrand rather than a passive one.

And yes to whoever said "Snow White's Enchanted Wish" is syntactically similar to "Pinocchio's Daring Journey". Snow's new adjective seems a little less apt to the story - her story may be enchanting, but enchanted? - but the style of naming is well within the realm.

Maybe they put up a cheap marquee at first with the idea that the name is only temporary until people understand its not scary and then they go with something neutral like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

EPCOTCenterLover

Pinocchio self-identifies as a real boy.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a non-traditional marriage.

The Little Mermaid is bi/trans-species.

Peter Pan is developmentally arrested.

Rapunzel and Bell are human trafficked. Belle develops Stockholm Syndrome.

Aurora is non-consensually accosted.

Cinderella is domestically abused.

Alice is dissociatively disordered.

Elsa is closeted.

Anna is scammed.
We all have issues, don't we? ;)

NobodyElse

I honestly could care less about the name if the attraction is still enjoyable. Most people aren't going to pay attention or worry about it a month after it opens.

Attractions are often called by things other than their official names anyway. Perhaps more often than not.

*Says the kid who used to go ride "Monsanto" because it was free.

DrAlice

If I wasn’t clear before, you do realize that from Snow White’s point of view, biting the apple worked, right? I’m sure I’m not the first person to make this observation. But if the title of the attraction focuses on the magic of her wish… I’m not sure what kind of message this teaches!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this! :D

Sharon&Susan

Snow White without scaffolding. I can't make out any changes past the new color scheme to the exterior.
1605571874679.png

mickEblu

Anything that has not been directly confirmed by Disney should be taken as a rumor. Including everything I say.

***rumor*** has it that this is not what happens.

The new attraction name is pointless? One of the movies most notable scenes is her making wishes at her wishing well longing for her her prince..."I'm wishing, for the one I love, to find me today".. and in the new refurb, her wish finally comes true with her having a happy ending w Ferdinand... So the ride is now supposedly called "Snow White's Enchanted Wish" bc thats the premise of the ride.. for her wish to finally come true in the dl version of the attraction.

Love it or hate it, the rumored name makes sense and fits the Snow White theme perfectly.. It's short, simple, references the movie, and is inviting.. plus families with little children can now be inspired to continue their story across the way at Snow's wishing well by the castle... it's kind of perfect to me.. not perfect for me.. but to me.. because this refurb was mainly for children to have a more enjoyable experience... sometimes we forget that.

Agreed ♥️

Do we know if the Queens dungeon in the queue survived ?

Sharon&Susan

Do we know if the Queens dungeon in the queue survived ?
I remember it being stated somewhere that the castle is now supposed to be Snow White and the Prince's. If that and the new name (Enchanted Wish) are both true, I'm guessing that they'll put in a wishing well there. Especially since there's nowhere to place that scene on the ride itself.

mickEblu

I remember it being stated somewhere that the castle is now supposed to be Snow White and the Prince's. If that and the new name (Enchanted Wish) are both true, I'm guessing that they'll put in a wishing well there. Especially since there's nowhere to place that scene on the ride itself.

You re probably right even though it would be a mistake as there is already an ultra charming wish well next to the castle and no other evil queens dungeons to be found in the park.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It will always be sleeping beauty's castler not snow whites.

Sharon&Susan

It will always be sleeping beauty's castler not snow whites.
Scary Adventure's exterior was themed to the Evil Queen's castle which is why there was a spooky dungeon in the queue.

I really hope they keep it, instead of replacing it with a wishing well, gets absorbed into the queue, or worst of all just gets walled off with nothing replacing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom