Disneyland to customers: Visit us now! Ahora! That means NOW! Please?

TROR

To be fair, I’m looking at a park map right now, and the following are also listed as attractions:
  • Disney Gallery
  • Main Street Cinema
  • Golden Horseshoe
  • Shooting Gallery
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Everything in Toontown
  • Launch Bay
So it’s not like Disney hasn’t always stretched the definition of what an attraction is. Granted, none of these (except maybe BBB, I’m not sure) cost close to $200, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that Savi’s provides a more attraction-like experience than any of these other diversions.
To be fair, all of those are attractions besides the boutique.

mickEblu

So CMs can come to the parks but given reservations are booked up, they can’t visit Galaxy’s Edge?

I didn’t read the article but you bring up a good point. I was assuming that CMs would be able to enter Galaxies Edge but I’m not sure

Rich T

Just noticed this for the first time:
bullpuckey.jpg

"Flavored Popped Grains"... This is so annoying in so many ways.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To be fair, I’m looking at a park map right now, and the following are also listed as attractions:
  • Disney Gallery
  • Main Street Cinema
  • Golden Horseshoe
  • Shooting Gallery
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Everything in Toontown
  • Launch Bay
So it’s not like Disney hasn’t always stretched the definition of what an attraction is. Granted, none of these (except maybe BBB, I’m not sure) cost close to $200, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that Savi’s provides a more attraction-like experience than any of these other diversions.
Disney Gallery does sell items for $200 and more. But you don't get a show when you purchase anything, so there is that... ;)

truecoat

Never forget! And thank you for knowing our history. Too many people in this future year of 2019 have no idea.

Speaking of this, warning flags went up for me when Disneyland thought it wise to label the expensive merchandise stores Savi's Workshop and Droid Depot as "Attractions" in the new land. You have to shell out a couple hundred bucks, pay to play, for these "Attractions". And then you get a cringey yet trying-so-hard enthusiastic shopclerk instead of a real actor doing the whole schtick for your 200 bucks.

That's just not cool. It's even worse than labeling the free Caterpillar tractor display as an "Attraction" like they tried to do in 2001.

skdfnqer18310.jpg

Ollivanders is listed as an attraction also.

Ismael Flores

The OC Register is now reporting that as of this afternoon they are offering "more reservation windows" for Star Wars Land for "disappointed fans". I'd link to the story in the Register but it just leads to a paywall and I refuse to play that game with the Register.

It could be that they do have plenty of more capacity now. They have done a good job in keeping the attrction line down and now with the reservation system for Cantina it seems to have worked.

Also, They set aside quite a few spots for hotel guests for this whole month and not all those spots are accounted for. I know they were actually upgrading guests from one hotel to another. Some Paradise Pier guests were updated to the Grand so that rooms at the lower priced tier in Paradise pier would come available.

Ismael Flores

I didn’t read the article but you bring up a good point. I was assuming that CMs would be able to enter Galaxies Edge but I’m not sure
person here at work just started working at Disneyland a couple weeks ago and took his brother and sister on his day off. non of them were allowed to go into Galaxy Edge

captveg

Thinking about it a bit more, I think the better analogy would be the Olympic summer of 1984.

It also reminds me of "Carmageddon" for the LA freeways a few years ago. They promoted so heavily that the freeways would be closed due to construction on a certain day that the freeways without construction were virtually empty, and one could get almost anywhere in the greater LA area in 15 minutes. It was glorious.

George Lucas on a Bench

Disney's mentality: If it attracts people, its an attraction.

Doesn't explain why Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats was listed as an attraction at The Magic Kingdom for years.

The droid factory is the most slapped together blatantly inaccurate part of this "immersive" land. Why are the R2's so small? JK would have nixed the whole idea but Disney wants your money for little doll robots.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

all they have to do to get the crowds back is to wave off the registration period early and BOOM! the crowds would be there the next day. easy fix. if you open it, they will come.

The Visionary Soul

I'd forgotten about that article, thank you for reminding us!

I would love it if the LA Times or someone not as beholden to Disneyland as the OC Register would call Professor Zanetti back and ask him what happened?
They didn’t really open is what happened. When you “Grand open” a land usually that means it’s open to all and everything is open. The Grand Opening for Galaxy’s Edge is actually a soft opening in disguise. No main attraction. Attendance being tightly controlled. I’m confident that 200k people would have descended upon Anaheim, with 150k of them in-park between the two parks, had Disney not resorted to a reservations system and opened the main attraction at the same time.

Also, there’s this parking garage that just isn’t finished yet...

Figments Friend

2019: Crowds stay away for fear of Crowds
2020: New SW movie tanks, and GP thinks Rise of the Resistance is just the name of another bad film, because it sure stinks as a ride name.
2021: Everyone has so much fun on DL classic attractions that they forget Galaxy’s Edge is hidden back there.
2022: Discovery Bay conversion announced.

I can dream. :D

Yes, please.

Thank you!
:)

-

TROR

You want Discovery Bay check it out at TDS. Its been there for nearly 2 decades now and its pretty cool!
Nowhere near the proposed concept by Tony Baxter. I mean, it has an ill placed Nemo ride. What in the world? What they want is something closer to Discoveryland in Paris.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom