Disneyland park to serve alcohol to regular park guests

Stevek

I see it more of frozen daiquiri, margaritas, and rum runner type drinks. Stuff that is premade in a slushie machine, typical of what you'd find in a TGI Fridays and such.
TGI Friday’s makes most of their drinks from scratch I believe. They have a great Mango Mai Tai...just had one last night. They actually have a whole menu of tiki drinks. Heck even Trader Sam’s has a slushy machine for their Pirhana pool and other slushy like drinks.

Sharon&Susan

I find it odd when people say “Walt is a hypocrite” and use Club 33 as an example when it was only meant for corporate heads who only went to see their attraction that they sponsored, have a good meal and a drink and then head off. As far as I’m aware, when Walt was still alive it was never meant for anyone outside of Disney and their corporate sponsors. It was as public as those smaller corporate lounges scattered throughout Tomorrowland.

Saying all that, I don’t have any problems with having alcohol inside Disneyland, I have never seen a drunk resortwide.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
TGI Friday’s makes most of their drinks from scratch I believe. They have a great Mango Mai Tai...just had one last night. They actually have a whole menu of tiki drinks. Heck even Trader Sam’s has a slushy machine for their Pirhana pool and other slushy like drinks.

Who cares, I wasn't try to besmirch Friday's drink making practices. The point I was trying to make is that this standard stuff in the restaurant business. And that because of the volume of drinks they're going to have to make that it makes sense to go this route. Instead of trying to have actual bartenders making mixed drinks. And that its going to be more than some college frat party with a margarita machine and some vodka Slurpee concoction.

Phroobar

Are you sure? I thought for sure that Walt mandated that no alcohol be served in Disneyland?

Also, I have no problem with alcohol being served in Galaxy's Edge. The way I look at it, its outside the berm and so unrelated to the theme of the rest of the park, that it's not even part of Disneyland. Just don't start serving it in the rest of the park. :)
See @Darkbeer1 answer here.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/walt-forbid-alcohol-at-disneyland-is-it-true.923500/

FerretAfros

Pretty much true. All you could drink beer was offered in the late 50' and early 60's at HolidayLand, a picnic area with sports fields with a direct gate in and out of Disneyland. The land where HolidayLand was become the area where the Haunted Mansion Attraction now stands.
Are you sure? I thought for sure that Walt mandated that no alcohol be served in Disneyland?
I may be incorrect, but I was under the impression that Holidayland was a more-or-less separate annex that was only available for group rentals. Yes beer was available when it was rented out, but it wasn't like Joe Average could just saunter in and down a few beers while his wife took the kids to see the Golden Horseshoe Revue. It was outside the berm with its own park entrance, and it was closed far more days than it was open.

It would be sort of like counting the banquet facilities in the Disneyland Hotel's convention center as part of the hotel's restaurants. Yes, technically you can get food in one of the ballrooms, but it's not like they're available for walk-ins. Similarly any event at Holidayland would have been pre-booked and only open to invited guests.

By all accounts Walt didn't like the affect that the bottomless beer had on the park, which was a large part of the reason it didn't last very long. It existed, but it's a little disingenuous to say that Walt allowed free-flowing alcohol in the park itself.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm envisioning more of a Fat Tuesdays setup:

Green - The Galactic Greedo
Blue - Batuu Brew
Red - Palpatine's Punch
Yellow - Yavin... something or another...
Orange - Tatooine Tide

Still makes me wary, though.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/08/...first-time-when-star-wars-land-opens-in-2019/

>>“Oga’s Cantina is the kind of establishment that attracts some of the most interesting and disreputable characters in the galaxy,” lead designer and Disney Imagineer Scott Trowbridge said in a prepared statement. “And you never know when a stormtrooper or a familiar face will show up. Patrons of the cantina come from across the galaxy to sample the famous concoctions created with exotic ingredients using “otherworldly” methods, served in unique vessels. With choices for kids and libations for adults, the cantina will make for a great stop! "<<

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-star-wars-land-20180830-story.html

>>Walt Disney Co. representatives confirmed that the libations will include pre-mixed alcoholic drinks, a significant development at the attraction because Disneyland has never sold booze to park visitors, except to members of the private Club 33, an exclusive dinner club at Disneyland’s New Orleans Square.<<

Phroobar

Just YouTube search: drunk at Disneyland.

Proof that Disneyland has always had rum since 1967.
DSC_0256.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom