Disneyland park to serve alcohol to regular park guests

Phroobar

2gwiys.jpg

TP2000

No big surprise, but nice of TDA to finally admit it.

It starts in 2019 with the Cantina. By 2020, 2022 at the latest, they'll serve wine/beer/cocktails at Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans. They might try and do something with Carnation Cafe and Riverbelle Terrace too, but Blue Bayou has to be the next stop for a liquor license after the Cantina.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
The entire Disneyland Park is covered by a current Liquor License. So no need for government red tape. Just start serving.

That said, Disney might want to get site specific ones in case they get placed on probation for serving minors.

TP2000

In the LA Times we find out that the Cantina won't use Bartenders. All drinks will be pre-made. Think of an Icee with alcohol added. One way to control costs and alcohol content.

Oh, dear. I'm afraid they just lost me as a customer. I'll poke my head in when it opens, but I can't see going in there for a drink if the menu just consists of a half dozen different flavored Fraternity Party Cheap Vodka Icee with various glow sticks and dry ice. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine Han Solo and Chewbacca drinking a Glowy Icee in public and maintaining their reputation? I can't.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In the LA Times we find out that the Cantina won't use Bartenders. All drinks will be pre-made. Think of an Icee with alcohol added. One way to control costs and alcohol content.
Oh, dear. I'm afraid they just lost me as a customer. I'll poke my head in when it opens, but I can't see going in there for a drink if the menu just consists of a half dozen different flavored Fraternity Party Cheap Vodka Icee with various glow sticks and dry ice. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine Han Solo and Chewbacca drinking a Glowy Icee in public and maintaining their reputation? I can't.

I see it more of frozen daiquiri, margaritas, and rum runner type drinks. Stuff that is premade in a slushie machine, typical of what you'd find in a TGI Fridays and such.

TP2000

I see it more of frozen daiquiri, margaritas, and rum runner type drinks. Stuff that is premade in a slushie machine, typical of what you'd find in a TGI Fridays and such.

Ah, TGIFridays. Aim High, TDA! :rolleyes:

Wasn't no booze one of Walt's rules?

Yeah, along with his other rules that only pretty Oriental girls could work the Tiki Room, boys with long hair couldn't be let in the front gate, and only male/female couples were allowed on the dance floor at Tomorrowland Terrace. Things change over 50 years, give or take a decade. :cool:

Old Mouseketeer

No big surprise, but nice of TDA to finally admit it.

It starts in 2019 with the Cantina. By 2020, 2022 at the latest, they'll serve wine/beer/cocktails at Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans. They might try and do something with Carnation Cafe and Riverbelle Terrace too, but Blue Bayou has to be the next stop for a liquor license after the Cantina.

I have suspected for some time a rolling introduction similar to Magic Kingdom. The question will be if they add a perimeter railing to the front of Rancho del Zocalo and the Launch Bay side of Alien Pizza whatever to contain the consumption of alcohol and modify French Market. Cafe Orleans, Carnation, Plaza Inn, Riverbelle, and Jolly Holiday should be fine as is. Even Tomorrowland Terrace, Red Rose, and Hungry Bear are well-contained, but I'm not sure we'll see wine and beer there for some time (if ever). Of course, one has hopes for Tropical Hideaway!

The announcement is a little earlier than I anticipated, but I suppose it makes sense from a PR standpoint to let any objections or surprise subside. So Cheers!

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
And how much will these drinks served in a souvenir cup? Has to make some serious profit. Disney wants to sell them as fast as they can.

Heck some mixes can be alcohol free and just add a shot if you want the booze. I seen it at Universal.

Family friendly unless you mix up the cups
.. Hey dad, why is my brother acting sillier than normal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom