Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Mad Stitch

Someone speak up if I'm wrong here. I can take a TGV train from Charles de Gaulle to DLP. Now it looks like these tickets have specific departure times on them so I should not purchase it in advance in case my flight lands late or baggage/customs is slow. Correct? It's not like a subway where I can just wait on the platform for the next train.

FerretAfros

Passing along some information I have been reading. The course map is not going to be published due to security reasons. Water stops will be at 5k, 10k, and 15k.
I also saw that claim on Facebook, but I think it's rather dubious. If it were truly a security concern, what would stop someone from making a general plan, and then fine tuning it after they pick up a course map at the expo? I know they approach things differently in France, but that seems foolish-at-best. Regardless of the reason, I'm surprised there hasn't been any sort of acknowledgement of the delay

The water stops are pretty far apart (especially by Disney standards), but that's pretty standard for European races. There will also be no water stations during the 5K, only at the start & finish (though there are water fountains in the parks along the way)
Someone speak up if I'm wrong here. I can take a TGV train from Charles de Gaulle to DLP. Now it looks like these tickets have specific departure times on them so I should not purchase it in advance in case my flight lands late or baggage/customs is slow. Correct? It's not like a subway where I can just wait on the platform for the next train.
That's correct. There's a big ticket office at CDG, so you can just buy your ticket there once you've arrived. There's a big service counter with a lot of agents who can help you out if you have any questions. It's less than 15 minutes from CDG to DLP, so depending how crowded the train car is, it might not even be worth fighting your way to your assigned seat; just take whatever is convenient or hang out by the doors at the ends of the car

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
That's correct. There's a big ticket office at CDG, so you can just buy your ticket there once you've arrived. There's a big service counter with a lot of agents who can help you out if you have any questions. It's less than 15 minutes from CDG to DLP, so depending how crowded the train car is, it might not even be worth fighting your way to your assigned seat; just take whatever is convenient or hang out by the doors at the ends of the car

Just make sure if you are hanging out by the door at the end of car that it is still for the same class as the ticket you purchased. If you are asked to show your ticket and IF they want to be difficult, they can charge you for the difference between classes of service and could even charge an additional fine. Even if extremely unlikely, not really worth the hassle and not the way to start your weekend!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Good luck and happy travels to all of you participating! Those of us left behind are going to be expecting some awesome trip reports and pictures. I've never been to Paris, much less France, so I'm going to be vicariously traveling through y'all.

Stay safe and most importantly, enjoy! My god, you're going to be in Paris...or outside of it...in the Fall. I'm so jealous.

Texas84

I decided to take the Magical Shuttle. Slower but looks like less of a hassle. JMO.

Mad Stitch

Got the e-mail this morning. Lots of rules to read up on! Had to look up what 'collation' meant (light meal).
Email? I didn't get one yet. Edit: Never-mind, got it.

Wow, it looks like there are only 4 corals. This is going to be a tough start.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Hope someone attends the "Rice Party" just to explain what that is. I'm guessing rice instead of pasta? Glad to see that there are 6 (if I'm counting correctly) water stops on course, not the 3 mentioned before. Interesting to see that a heavy equipment rental company is a sponsor, and that even though New Balance is a sponsor, they don't appear to have a presence at the expo.

Texas84

Email? I didn't get one yet. Edit: Never-mind, got it.

Wow, it looks like there are only 4 corals. This is going to be a tough start.

Smaller numbers maybe? Hope I'm not in D. Site wouldn't let me put in a time but I did put in a cert for the challenge.

Texas84

Kind of bummed. Also requested the 5K and the travel agent didn't include it. My fault for not catching it on the invoice. Oh well, gives me a day to rest up for the half I guess. And I can stay out late Friday night.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
And I can stay out late Friday night.

If you find something to do ;) - I find it kind of a sleepy place compared to WDW, and the Magic Kingdom closes at 8:30 that evening. Or maybe it's that I'm in vacation mode when I'm at WDW and all my trips to DLP are quick weekenders and perhaps there is a hugely developed nightlife that I have ignored :cool:

Mad Stitch

If you find something to do ;) - I find it kind of a sleepy place compared to WDW, and the Magic Kingdom closes at 8:30 that evening. Or maybe it's that I'm in vacation mode when I'm at WDW and all my trips to DLP are quick weekenders and perhaps there is a hugely developed nightlife that I have ignored :cool:
Ha, I was trying to figure out what I was going to do when the parks close. I'm traveling by myself so if anyone wants to meet up for a drink on Friday night I'd be interested.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I suspect that many of you are going to be hit rather hard by jet lag ... particularly if you are only arriving Friday morning. My advice: do not go to sleep when you arrive - or at most allow yourself a one hour nap and force yourself to stay awake until after dinner. And beware of the coffee - it packs a stronger punch than most of you may be used to ;)

Texas84

Well, when I have a runDisney event 8:30 is late! :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Was getting excited to post that in 24 hours I'll be there ... but then I looked at the time and realized it'll be a bit more than 25 hours :rolleyes:.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom