Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Which train are you taking to DLP?

You're probably wanting to know about commuter trains from Paris - I'll be taking a European train. You'll want to take the RER A from Paris to Marne la Vallee/DLP.

In general, outside school holidays, weekdays are usually less crowded, so if you are there on the Friday it shouldn't be too bad.

Mad Stitch

I still don't have my flight booked. I just checked the rates and they are back up to $1200. I wish I booked something when you all reported about the low rates. :(

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Nice medals. And the usual crappy rubber one for the 5k.

Personally, I think the challenge should be Continent to Continent....

What, no 10k race?!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ha ha, nope.

I admire people like you - I'd be so stressed if I didn't have travel booked so "close" to a trip! I had been anxiously waiting to be able to book my train ticket, and this even though I knew in a worst case scenario I can drive and get there within about 90 minutes of the train! ;)

Texas84

Anyone going into Paris on race weekend? I was looking at the Big Bus. There is a shuttle from the park hotels to the tour route.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Anyone going into Paris on race weekend? I was looking at the Big Bus. There is a shuttle from the park hotels to the tour route.

You can probably do it MUCH cheaper (and faster) taking the RER train into Paris. And once in Paris you could decide whether it is worth doing the hop on/hop off bus or whether you'd be aventureous enough to use the metro to get around. The RER station is just next to Disney Village and where you get off the shuttle bus to the parks if you take it from the hotel (or if you walk, it is just in front of the exit (from Disney Village) which is next to Annette's Diner.

If you want to visit the Eiffel Tower, you should look into seeing if there are still tickets available (and what time as well). If you can't get tickets for the Eiffel Tower, you can climb to the top of Notre Dame for a fantastic view (but probably not a good idea before the race). Definitely take one of the "bateau mouche" tours of the Seine.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
A one-way ticket on the RER from DLP to central Paris will be €7.60 You can then buy your own hop on hop off bus tour ticket or buy a day pass for the Paris metro for under €12.00. In any event the advantage of taking the RER is that it is very frequent so you won't need to be stressed about the idea of catching the BigBus tour back to the hotel.

Last edited:

Texas84

You can probably do it MUCH cheaper (and faster) taking the RER train into Paris. And once in Paris you could decide whether it is worth doing the hop on/hop off bus or whether you'de aventureous enough to use the metro to get around.

Thanks! The Big Bus sounded less stressful to me. Don't want to deal with the Metro but taking the RER to the tour might be fun.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Looking at the Hop on Hop off website, it looks like it is the same thing (somewhere on the website it says it is run by the Big Bus). The cost of the Hop on Hop off bus tour in Paris is only €32 (for access to two lines) or €33 (for access to four lines). Your round trip RER ticket would be a bit more than €15. I looked, and one of the Hop on Hop off lines (the blue line on their map) has a stop near Gare de Lyon (which is the easiest place to get off the RER A line without having to transfer to a metro line). So you could still do the bus tour, but not have to worry if at some point in the afternoon you decide to sit at an outdoor cafe and watch the world go by - because you wouldn't need to rely on the Big Bus tour to get you back to DLP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom