Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Mad Stitch

I think I have it figured out. This comes from the Race Rules page (http://run.disneylandparis.com/practical-info/race-rules). When we get our links to create our runner profile, part of creating the profile will be uploading a scan of the medical certificate. This needs to be completed by June 1, 2016. Once our profile is complete (including uploading the medical certificate) it will be reviewed by race officials and we will then receive confirmation that we are officially entered into the race. I don't see anything in the race rules about bringing the medical certificate to bib distribution, but I am going to do it just to be on the safe side.

Katherine

I think I have it figured out. This comes from the Race Rules page (http://run.disneylandparis.com/practical-info/race-rules). When we get our links to create our runner profile, part of creating the profile will be uploading a scan of the medical certificate. This needs to be completed by June 1, 2016. Once our profile is complete (including uploading the medical certificate) it will be reviewed by race officials and we will then receive confirmation that we are officially entered into the race. I don't see anything in the race rules about bringing the medical certificate to bib distribution, but I am going to do it just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for putting that all together @Mad Stitch! Counting down the days :happy:

Tinkerbell 8

Got my race registration email this morning. The medical waiver is available for download and is not due until June 1st. The proof of time can also be updated until June 1st. Also if you are participating in the Castle to Chateau challenge there is a place to upload a race certificate. Glad we finally got something, I was getting nervous.

Mad Stitch

Can we update the race registration multiple times? I think I'll wait now and fill this out after the dark side race. That way I'll have a race certificate for the Castle to Chateau. It makes me wonder though how you get that medal if you were planning on using the DL half, W&D, or Avengers as the U.S. leg.

They don't care about finish time proof unless you run can run a 1:30, that's BQ speed! I think they are going to have a problem with people saying they are faster than they really are in order to get more picture time.

Texas84

Heard that flights to France are being cancelled and consolidated due to empty planes. Maybe we can get some good deals on flights.

Mad Stitch

Here is a story for all of you. My mother knew I was having problems getting through to DLP to register for the race. At Thanksgiving dinner she said "Aren't you glad now you were not able to get into that race?" When I said that I did get in she flipped out. "What! Are you crazy! You're going to get shot!" ...on and on. My response was "I could also get shot here going to the movie theater. You cant live your life in fear of these things." She's not happy.

JillC LI

Here is a story for all of you. My mother knew I was having problems getting through to DLP to register for the race. At Thanksgiving dinner she said "Aren't you glad now you were not able to get into that race?" When I said that I did get in she flipped out. "What! Are you crazy! You're going to get shot!" ...on and on. My response was "I could also get shot here going to the movie theater. You cant live your life in fear of these things." She's not happy.

It's a scary world we all live in.

dreamfinder

Final GetTravel payment made. Need to decide if I want to take that cheap flight through Iceland. :)

It's a beautiful country. Not sure if you are looking at WOW or IcelandAir, but IcelandAir lets you book a layover for no extra charge. If you can spare the extra day or two I'd suggest it.

Texas84

It's a beautiful country. Not sure if you are looking at WOW or IcelandAir, but IcelandAir lets you book a layover for no extra charge. If you can spare the extra day or two I'd suggest it.

Yep, WOW is silly cheap through Baltimore and I'm thinking of a few days in Iceland. Maybe on the way back.

Texas84

Got my link. I'm guessing GetTravel was waiting for final payment. Have to start looking at flights after Disneyland.

They want a race certificate? As in the runDisney race certificate?

Texas84

Can we update the race registration multiple times? I think I'll wait now and fill this out after the dark side race. That way I'll have a race certificate for the Castle to Chateau. It makes me wonder though how you get that medal if you were planning on using the DL half, W&D, or Avengers as the U.S. leg.

They don't care about finish time proof unless you run can run a 1:30, that's BQ speed! I think they are going to have a problem with people saying they are faster than they really are in order to get more picture time.

I'm sure you figured out by now that you can go back and make changes. Which is awesome, BTW. They need to bring this to the US events. I don't have my medical form yet and everything I entered was saved.

So, unless you are going to do 1:30 or better there is no way to submit a proof of time? Hope they look at my race certificate.

Texas84

Got my medical form uploaded and received three e-mails. C2C certificate accepted, medical certificate accepted, and this:

Congratulations! You are now registered for the "Inaugural Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon Weekend": Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon .

As a reminder, you will receive your runner number by email, 30 days prior to the event.
Then, 15 days before the event, you will receive an email with your official document to provide at the expo, in order to retrieve your g'EAR bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom