Disneyland Opening Day Bingo

cmwade77

The guidelines are brutal. If I were a business owner in the surrounding area I would be very concerned with my future.

I think you're being overly optimistic that by mid-March COVID will be under control. The problem with California's guidelines is what happens if you open and the county you're in slips out of phase four. It's very costly to resume operations only to be shut down again.

The rules California has put in place are asinine.

If the parks can hold a food and beverage festival then there is absolutely no good reason why they can't resume normal operations. You have to be crazy to think that a food and beverage festival, where guests will be routinely removing their masks to consume the products is safer than riding a ride where you will be wearing a mask. It's pure stupidity that only an elected official can concoct. California claims they're all about the science. Their actions suggest otherwise.

I believe parks like Knott's tried the festivals with the belief that they would have resumed normal operations by now. If they had been aware that they wouldn't be open by now I don't think you'd have a food and beverage festival going on.

You folks in California have created this anti-business and anti-common-sense situation. I hope you're enjoying the fruits of your choices.
Actually, given the amount of money Knott's is making off the festivals, I fully believe they would be running still.

Figments Friend

Okay, having caught up on today's news.....time for me to toss in a new bid for 'Opening Day Bingo'.

May 2021
Or
July 18th, 2021 ( or has someone already suggested this one? )

-

fctiger

Okay, having caught up on today's news.....time for me to toss in a new bid for 'Opening Day Bingo'.

May 2021
Or
July 18th, 2021 ( or has someone already suggested this one? )

-

I'm going with this too. May 2021 is probably the soonest. I would LIKE to think no longer than July 2021 but I think this thread has proven nothing is guaranteed anymore. The park looks like it will be shut down for at least a year which would've seen insane a few months ago. Now it looks pretty inevitable.

George Lucas on a Bench

9dd39e7ee20d85b57f0abc1661242fa0.jpg

"Sorry, folks. Disneyland is still closed. Try Florida! Traffic on the skyway is only a twenty minute flight in your ship!"

BrianLo

Original Poster
I also recall being cynical and thinking I should put August, but that seemed cruel so I picked something "benign"...

Technically @Sailor310 is the winner, even if the guess is probably 6 months off.

A weird consolation prize to whomever picked the closest date though, even if the year was wrong. Hilariously I think most of the guesses are pretty good if the year isn't considered.

fctiger

I had to bump this one more time. It looks like Sailor10's prediction of November 10th, the final one has now been bypassed by 5 days! It's really really crazy what has happened. Obviously even the MOST cynical people about when this park would open again would never have suggested it would've lasted this long. And now we know it won't until 2021. Sadly my guess is it won't be until the vaccine comes in considering how crazy the cases has now gotten everywhere.

Hope to be wrong of course, but yeah.

Mac Tonight

As strange and sad as it is to say now, a lot would have to be going right in the world for the park to re-open by July 17, 2021.

We should be so lucky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom