Disneyland,Ohio?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by kaos
Anyway, that's my thoughts. A mid-western presence for Disney has never been a secret. This all makes sense to me.

I think it would be great if there was a park in the mid-west.
There was a thread not to long ago here about building a park in the Chicago suburb area.

Plus..there are our neighbors to the north... Canada...so it is very do-able for a park to survive in Ohio.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by kaos
...they even sponsored numerous parades in Chicago, including this past years Thanksgiving Parade, complete with snow globes and Mickey Mouse and Princesses...

The last two or three Christmas's Disney has brought WDW parade floats to our Christmas Parade in Philadelphia. This last Christmas they had two snow globe floats and a jeep from the Jammin Jungle Parade at AK. They also had a replaca of the Mickey hat at MGM.

Smitty

How much land was actually bought? I know that in areas all over the country Disney has been buying land and building up warehouses and distribution centers for the Disney Stores. Possibly this is what they are building? Just curious as to how much land was actually bought. Some people don't really have a concept of how much land is until they have actually traveled around it.

james4023464

About 10 years ago Disney was going to make a park in Mannassas, Va. and name it Disney America, but people revolted because they were making it on a battle ground, and the project was dropped. The people did'n't want another Orlando Fl. I don't know why they revolted I would love to have a Disney park 3 hours away from me. I'm very mad the project was cancelled.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
James look at my post up aways,the people Revolted because they wanted to build on the sight of A civil war battle and the people thought that would be desicrating a national monument of sorts.:D

kinglouie

i couldn't see disney building a park in ohio. i live in ohio and i've been to king's island, six flags, etc., and i just don't think that disney would lower their standards to that kind of theme park. it also doesn't make sense to me that they'd build one in ohio because the ohio economy is still in the dumper. we're like the last state to come out of remission. anyway, that's my opinion on the ordeal.

wyattkelly

Hey, you pickin' on Ohio Theme Parks?*
(rises to the challenge)
Ohio is KING for Coasters. Mean Streak and Millenium Force at Cedar Point. The Beast and the Vortex and King's Island. The Batman ride at Six Flags. these are great rides! Rockin'Roller Coaster can't compare to the white knuckle terror of these coasters:sohappy:

Luau Cove

Actually, I think it can. I've been in dozens of coasters around the world, and RnRC is the only indoor one that is totally fierce. Plus, it's something out of the ordinary: no lights, neon and fluorescent all around and Aerosmith rockin' in your cart!

-->LUAU

wyattkelly

Outer Limits at King's Island. Great build up in the queue area, then LAUNCHED into oblivion for a seriously vicious ride. Enclosed, upside down, and dark. Gotta love it. Still miss the James Bond: License to Thrill ride, though. Got one of my favorite shot glasses there.

DisneyWorldGuru

I have to tell you that Deja vu at Six Flags Great America, Superman: the Escape and X at Six Flags Magic Mountain beats all other coasters for thrills. I also must say that Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure also tops my list for thrills. SFGA also has Medusa which was great. I mean Disney is not the best at roller coaster rides. They should hire a company like Arrow Dynamics, S&S Power, or Intamin to create a super coaster for one of their parks.

kinglouie

true, however you're all missing the major difference between a disney ride and a ride anywhere else. disney always encorporates extreme theming, and they add a story line to the ride. this makes the ride sooooo much better. that's why, for me, vortex, beast, etc. can't compare to RnR Coaster, period.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Umm... KingLouie Where in Ohio are you from? Here in Lake county We are most definately out of the "reccession" infact we were hardly hit at all! I go to the mall all the time and they are always packed. and people aren`t just buying small ticket items,I see people coming out with Computers washers,dryers,Big screen tv`s and see people driving around in new Spyders,Porches,jaguars,BMW`s!
They are bulding tons of new factories and the Housing explosion is CRAZY!
They are tearing down all the trees and building new Housing developments and condos!

kinglouie

well, here in DAYTON, nobody has bought anything since august 2001! i can even say that i read or heard from somebody, i think my mom, that Taft said that ohio was still in the "recovering stages." the all the dayton area stocks in the market are really dropping and school levies are not passing. it's horribly bad in dayton.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Well Then KingLouie,You need to move to Lake county! HEHE! :D My gosh! THere is soo much building here It`s rediculous,almost frusrating! Progress Blah! Just yesterday I went by an area that they are building another Housing development and there was these 2 deers,one sitting and the other one was just looking around like as to say where did my home go! it was soo sad!They are bound and determined to tear down every shred of trees taking away the homes of the deers and other forest animals all in the name of progress,and These homes are not rinky homes either,the homes in this one development that was just woods when I was growing up, I used to play there, The homes in that development are going from $400,000.00 to 1 million dollars each!

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by kinglouie
true, however you're all missing the major difference between a disney ride and a ride anywhere else. disney always encorporates extreme theming, and they add a story line to the ride. this makes the ride sooooo much better. that's why, for me, vortex, beast, etc. can't compare to RnR Coaster, period.

Then why can't Disney Imagineers work with a major coaster company to create a coaster will a bigger thrill then RnR. I was dis. with RnR. I mean big deal they shoot you off with LIM moters and through a loop while blasting Aerosmith. I mean what about a roller coaster based on Aladin that takes you on a ride on a magic carpet. It could have loops, corkscrews, barrel rolls, and large drops. That would be the type of ride I would go on over and over.

kinglouie

i didn't say disney couldn't work with big coaster companies for major thrill rides. i don't know why they don't, but i can guess. look at the park with those rides. think about what kind of people they bring in. disney has always favored the young and young at heart. to try to drastically appeal to the massive "teen wave" would mean thousands of teenagers running rampid throught disney's parks. while there are some teens who are mature, and respect their surroundings, peers, etc., most of them don't. i don't think disney would want that to happen. they way it is now, most of the people who go to disney parks have young kids. i don't think those families would want a park full of teens either, and that's why disney doesn't build major thrill rides, in my opinion.

Vladmirdr02

getting back to the subject...a friend of mine was in ohio thispast month, he says that there is going to be no park in ohio

it's mostly just lieka disney headquarters, possibly a functional animation studio

smotw

Disney in South America!!!

:) Better than building another theme park in US would be doing it here in South America. Even better here in Brasil! Doesn't a WDW Rio de Janeiro sounds great? Well, at least for us down here I am sure it does, hehe.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by wyattkelly
Hey, you pickin' on Ohio Theme Parks?*
(rises to the challenge)
Ohio is KING for Coasters. Mean Streak and Millenium Force at Cedar Point. The Beast and the Vortex and King's Island. The Batman ride at Six Flags. these are great rides! Rockin'Roller Coaster can't compare to the white knuckle terror of these coasters:sohappy:

From what I read, I don't think kinglouie was insulting Ohio parks as much as saying Disney is much better than everything else in general. Am I right kinglouie?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom