Disneyland,Ohio?

kinglouie

Originally posted by MKingdom25

From what I read, I don't think kinglouie was insulting Ohio parks as much as saying Disney is much better than everything else in general. Am I right kinglouie?

thank-you MKingdom25, that's exactly the point i was trying to prove.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Actually I have to sorta differ with my fellow Ohion here! LOL!
Actually,you can`t compare the 2! Cause Cedar Point is an AMUSEMENT Park and has been named the BEST Amusement park in the Country,While Disney is a THEME park and Disney is the BEST THEME park.:D

bearboysnc

true, however you're all missing the major difference between a disney ride and a ride anywhere else. disney always encorporates extreme theming, and they add a story line to the ride.

Oh yeah, the rides at DCA have loads of themeing.

Golden Zepher... themed to be a old fashioned carnival ride.
Jumpin Jellyfish... themed to be a chessy carnival ride.
Orange Stinger... themed to be a bug at a carnival.
Sunwheel...themed to be really FANCY carnival ride.
California Screamin...themed to be a carnival ride.

kinglouie

Originally posted by bearboysnc

Oh yeah, the rides at DCA have loads of themeing.

Golden Zepher... themed to be a old fashioned carnival ride.
Jumpin Jellyfish... themed to be a chessy carnival ride.
Orange Stinger... themed to be a bug at a carnival.
Sunwheel...themed to be really FANCY carnival ride.
California Screamin...themed to be a carnival ride.

look, i've never been to california, i just know what's in disney world. everything there is heavily themed, for the most part.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
I think DCA Is Disney`s lame attempt to get into the AMUSEMENT PARK business. Don`t be too hard on King Louie I knew what he was saying.:D

bearboysnc

look, i've never been to california, i just know what's in disney world. everything there is heavily themed, for the most part.

I know. I'm sorry. I'm just really disgusted with DCA.

Eisner to whoever will listen

"Hey lets build the cheapest theme park next to this American Icon."

TiggersPooh

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I think DCA Is Disney`s lame attempt to get into the AMUSEMENT PARK business. Don`t be too hard on King Louie I knew what he was saying.:D

I know I am off topic but dear god we live one city away from each other!! And to what you said b4 there is a lot of growth in NE Ohio just look at what your city is building!! (a minor league Baseball Stadium!)

darthdarrel

Original Poster
WOW! That` is so cool TiggersPooh!
We should meet some time!:D
Yes The Baseball stadium is going full speed ahead! It looks so weird on Rt. 91!

jmarc63

Originally posted by Luau Cove
It's no nonsense. Disney conquered both coasts of the United States, so why not expanding to the middle of it, too? It makes perfect sense to me though I don't think they will create something enormous, just something to hammer in the Disney flag in the middle zone.

-->LUAU

I think the money would be better spent expanding the monorail

jmarc63

That would be cool,If they didn`t have soo many damn rules,like telling you what colors you can and can`t paint your house,etc...! But if it is a Disney celebration community I wish they would start building them! LOL! The anticipation is killing me! LOL!:lol: :animwink:

What is the zoning for that land . that would be a clue as to what might be happening

jmarc63

Umm... KingLouie Where in Ohio are you from? Here in Lake county We are most definately out of the "reccession" infact we were hardly hit at all! I go to the mall all the time and they are always packed. and people aren`t just buying small ticket items,I see people coming out with Computers washers,dryers,Big screen tv`s and see people driving around in new Spyders,Porches,jaguars,BMW`s!
They are bulding tons of new factories and the Housing explosion is CRAZY!
They are tearing down all the trees and building new Housing developments and condos!

What do you want from a sixteen year old:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

durhay

Why would anyone go to Disneyland Ohio when they can go to Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum? Stop laughing.

Pixardust

I want to combat the cold weather myth by saying that 3 years ago in Columbus they built an outdoor shopping center called Easton. It's kinda of a blend between Main Street USA and Downtown Disney. Part of it is indoors, but 85% is outdoors. After the great success of the first year, Phase 2 was quickly added, doubling, if not, tripling the size of this complex. It is open year round, and does great. The Cheesecake Factory there does more business than any of their other venues in the country... and they are kicking themselves for not making it bigger.

I think midwesterners are hungry for the type of themed complex Disney would bring here, as Easton has demonstrated. However, Rockville or wherever it is alleged that Disney purchased ground is out in the middle of nowhere, in the foothills of the Apalacians. It's deep southern rural Ohio. WDW is about 50 minutes from Orlando though, so maybe it is.

I don't think it's feasable that they would build any public attraction on the land in Southern Ohio because of it's location. I agree that it is probably a land investment, or Distribution Center or something. I just don't like people thinking that a Disney Park wouldn't go in Ohio, because I'm certain it would. And it could stay open year round.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pixardust
I want to combat the cold weather myth by saying that 3 years ago in Columbus they built an outdoor shopping center called Easton. It's kinda of a blend between Main Street USA and Downtown Disney. Part of it is indoors, but 85% is outdoors. After the great success of the first year, Phase 2 was quickly added, doubling, if not, tripling the size of this complex. It is open year round, and does great. The Cheesecake Factory there does more business than any of their other venues in the country... and they are kicking themselves for not making it bigger.

I think midwesterners are hungry for the type of themed complex Disney would bring here, as Easton has demonstrated. However, Rockville or wherever it is alleged that Disney purchased ground is out in the middle of nowhere, in the foothills of the Apalacians. It's deep southern rural Ohio. WDW is about 50 minutes from Orlando though, so maybe it is.

I don't think it's feasable that they would build any public attraction on the land in Southern Ohio because of it's location. I agree that it is probably a land investment, or Distribution Center or something. I just don't like people thinking that a Disney Park wouldn't go in Ohio, because I'm certain it would. And it could stay open year round.
It is called Rock Creek, Ohio and it is not in southern Ohio it is more north east,It`s south of Ashtabula.:D And I still haven`t heard anything about what they are going to do with the land,Just know they have purchased it and have gotten a contractor to do the streets.:)

TiggersPooh

has anyone heard of this since it first came up? It has been a couple of months you thik you would have heard something by now if they were actually going to try and do something.... OH WELL I will take my Cedar Point and Six Flags (eww SFWOA)

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by TiggersPooh
has anyone heard of this since it first came up? It has been a couple of months you thik you would have heard something by now if they were actually going to try and do something.... OH WELL I will take my Cedar Point and Six Flags (eww SFWOA)
LOL! I know the anticipation is killing me!
HI TIGGERSPOOH! Haven`t seen you on here in awhile!:D :wave:

Pixardust

I think its been more than a few months. News here first reported on the purchase in 2000. It was a big frenzy here. BTW- thanks for the information of the location. Rockville is in Maryland... opps! Northern Ohio doesn't make any sense, it is much colder and snows more up there because of Lake Erie. The location is harder for interstate access to because it is away from 70 and 71/aka 75. I still make my case that in another location, it Disneyland would work in Ohio.

darthdarrel

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pixardust
I think its been more than a few months. News here first reported on the purchase in 2000. It was a big frenzy here. BTW- thanks for the information of the location. Rockville is in Maryland... opps! Northern Ohio doesn't make any sense, it is much colder and snows more up there because of Lake Erie. The location is harder for interstate access to because it is away from 70 and 71/aka 75. I still make my case that in another location, it Disneyland would work in Ohio.
You are 100% correct Disneyland in Ohio is very much doable and as far as proximity to the freeways that`s why they have hired a contrator for roads,It may have to be seasonal,but it wouldn`t be the only seasonal disneyland. This being said I never said that A Disneyland will be built there That is just a rumor.All I know that Disney bought the land in Rock creek 2 years ago and so far I have not heard anything of what they are planning for the land if anything.

Pixardust

OK - ALERT TO ALL OHIOIANS: We will be taking a field trip to Rock Creek, OH in January to see what the heck Disney is doing up there. Bring your camera, and a Jacket thats rated to -20F. HeHe.. JK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom