Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

MarvelCharacterNerd

B-mode for the Spider-Man show for when the stuntronic fails to launch. It’s basically skipped altogether and audio changes.

I've seen three versions:

Good launch version presumably with successful audio outcome (only think I spotted this one from afar so far so not sure of the difference)
Bad launch version with splat audio outcome (one I've seen most often) - "the roof broke my fall"
Fail to launch with splat audio outcome - "the roof broke my fall"

I haven't seen a fail to launch with changed audio yet!

Disney Analyst

I've seen three versions:

Good launch version presumably with successful audio outcome (only think I spotted this one from afar so far so not sure of the difference)
Bad launch version with splat audio outcome (one I've seen most often) - "the roof broke my fall"
Fail to launch with splat audio outcome - "the roof broke my fall"

I haven't seen a fail to launch with changed audio yet!

I wonder what causes them to halt the launch.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I wonder what causes them to halt the launch.
Wind could be an issue, as noted above, but could also be a tech issue. Opening day, it seemed to be flying fine when I was waiting in the crazy-long standby line as everyone was oohing and aahhing as I passed by while in line in the morning and as I neared the land entrance from the line in the afternoon. When I got into the land, however, I got the no-launch-plus-splat audio:

Then after that, I think they stopped it entirely for the day.

But on my subsequent visit, I saw the launch with splat audio more than once, but haven't caught a good launch version yet:

SoCalDisneyLover

I hate how it's almost July and we don't know anything about what's happening in September with HallowenTime. Will we be spared HHM? Will Oggie Boogie Bash happen in some form?

I'd like more than a week's notice, Disney.
A bit dramatic when we're still 12 weeks away from September 18, which is the earliest they would have OBB dates.

2 months ago they were completely closed, and they're still getting up to speed, so probably less notice this year as a result.

PiratesMansion

A bit dramatic when we're still 12 weeks away from September 18, which is the earliest they would have OBB dates.

2 months ago they were completely closed, and they're still getting up to speed, so probably less notice this year as a result.
Except they're ALWAYS slow at posting most things/info, and they weren't any better most of the time pre-pandemic.

SoCalDisneyLover

Exactly. At least some info would be nice.

Boo Bash and HHN30 have dates announced and tickets on sale. For some reason, Disneyland can't be bothered to do so at the same time.
Knott's has said nothing. Universal Hollywood has said nothing. Magic Mountain has said nothing. 2 months ago today, Disneyland was closed.

There have been fairly good signs that all of them plan to do Halloween events. It's not too hard to figure out the dates, just look at the last couple of years, and adjust. If they do their queue again for the onsale, there's no guarantee you'll get tickets to your preferred dates anyways.

Whatever. Resume complaints.

Curious Constance

Exactly. At least some info would be nice.

Boo Bash and HHN30 have dates announced and tickets on sale. For some reason, Disneyland can't be bothered to do so at the same time.
As someone who travels to DL from another state, and has to plan, request time off of work, save money, book airfare and hotels etc, it’s extremely frustrating that DL doesn’t release info sooner. We went to a Halloween party about 7 years ago now and I don’t think they released tickets for sale until July.

George Lucas on a Bench

They will announce it soon and the inevitability of HM being closed for a cartoon puppet version not long after it just reopened will sink in. The HM is Limited Time Magic, available only a few months out of the year now.

Nirya

As someone who travels to DL from another state, and has to plan, request time off of work, save money, book airfare and hotels etc, it’s extremely frustrating that DL doesn’t release info sooner. We went to a Halloween party about 7 years ago now and I don’t think they released tickets for sale until July.

I think the big thing is all the major SoCal Halloween events have not been announced yet, as if they’re all in wait-and-see mode. We know places like Knotts and Universal are building their mazes and are doing the prep work, but nothing official yet, so it’s not surprising Disney is similarly waiting.

Curious Constance

I think the big thing is all the major SoCal Halloween events have not been announced yet, as if they’re all in wait-and-see mode. We know places like Knotts and Universal are building their mazes and are doing the prep work, but nothing official yet, so it’s not surprising Disney is similarly waiting.
Yup, I’m sure. Sea world announced their Halloween stuff last week so hopefully that will get the ball rolling. It’s not just Halloween that Disney is consistently behind on though. Everything is much shorter notice than WDW. I get it’s different but if Disneyland wants to be the major travel destination they should start playing the part a bit more.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I just got the email reply this morning too! All I know is they better not reimplement Maxpass at a higher price before my trip hahaha
I wonder if they would refund my whole ticket in giftcard format, but you are only talking about the additional maxpass charge right? I have that for 5 days on two tickets.....was thinking if they won't refund my tickets then maybe to leave it on as they would just apply the total ticket value towards new tickets when I do go in the future, it won't be THIS year so that is where I think I land.....and surely the ticket price will rise by that additional amount in another year.....:rolleyes:

Curious Constance

I wonder if they would refund my whole ticket in giftcard format, but you are only talking about the additional maxpass charge right? I have that for 5 days on two tickets.....was thinking if they won't refund my tickets then maybe to leave it on as they would just apply the total ticket value towards new tickets when I do go in the future, it won't be THIS year so that is where I think I land.....and surely the ticket price will rise by that additional amount in another year.....:rolleyes:
Right, just the Maxpass portion. They won’t refund tickets but I think most ticket expirations were moved to January of 2023 so you might not have to worry about prices changing :)

VJ

Wind could be an issue, as noted above, but could also be a tech issue. Opening day, it seemed to be flying fine when I was waiting in the crazy-long standby line as everyone was oohing and aahhing as I passed by while in line in the morning and as I neared the land entrance from the line in the afternoon. When I got into the land, however, I got the no-launch-plus-splat audio:

Then after that, I think they stopped it entirely for the day.

But on my subsequent visit, I saw the launch with splat audio more than once, but haven't caught a good launch version yet:

everything has to be perfect and go without a hitch for two dates: the press preview and the grand opening. otherwise, slash the budget and forget about it - the bob chapek method

SoCalDisneyLover

everything has to be perfect and go without a hitch for two dates: the press preview and the grand opening. otherwise, slash the budget and forget about it - the bob chapek method
It's the right method. Disney has all but confirmed that it really doesn't matter what they do, people will crawl over glass to visit the parks.

Charge Full Price Admission - CHECK

Shorter Hours - CHECK

Sell Out Mobile Ordering In Morning - CHECK

Require Reservations - CHECK

Institute Virtual Queues - CHECK

Make People Pay $25 To Park & Walk 1 Mile Each Way - CHECK

VJ

It's the right method. Disney has all but confirmed that it really doesn't matter what they do, people will crawl over glass to visit the parks.

Charge Full Price Admission - CHECK

Shorter Hours - CHECK

Sell Out Mobile Ordering In Morning - CHECK

Require Reservations - CHECK

Institute Virtual Queues - CHECK

Make People Pay $25 To Park & Walk 1 Mile Each Way - CHECK
i wish you were wrong

SplashGhost

I am tempted to bite the bullet on a 4 day hopper ticket, but with so much open availability, maybe the new membership program is going to launch in the next month or two. As expensive as my Signature AP with Maxpass was, it was a bargain compared to the regular ticket prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom