Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

I am tempted to bite the bullet on a 4 day hopper ticket, but with so much open availability, maybe the new membership program is going to launch in the next month or two. As expensive as my Signature AP with Maxpass was, it was a bargain compared to the regular ticket prices.
I looked at the availability calendar today and thought "memberships coming soon."

Disney Analyst

Knott's Berry Farm is completely Sold Out of Reservations for the next 5 Days.

Disneyland Park is Sold Out for 2 of the next 5 Days.

Knott’s and Disneyland have incredibly different capacities… Knott’s is roughly 29,000, Disneyland’s is roughly 85,000.

Knotts has pass holders still, Disneyland does not.

We are really comparing apples to oranges here.

SplashGhost

I wonder how much of Knott's capacity is open for reservations. If Knott's is letting in anywhere near close to their regular capacity, the park must be absolutely miserable. Knott's ops are so agonizingly slow that it deters me from visiting more, and I now only go on days that I know will have light crowds.

Curious Constance

I’m not sure why anyone would jump to the conclusion that Disney releasing more reservations last minute would mean that they’d be desperate to bring memberships ASAP. Yesterday it had much of the entire first two weeks of July sold out. They have been releasing additional park capacity (after previously showing a day as sold out) since they reopened. I’m sure it’s because as new rides and restaurants are opening capacity is increased and as long as they have the employees to handle it (more are starting every day) they can release more reservations to sell. But I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a day not completely sell out before the actual date. Additional capacity often gets eaten up quickly. So far they appear to be selling as many tickets as they’ve wanted to the vast majority of the time.

Tamandua

I’m not sure why anyone would jump to the conclusion that Disney releasing more reservations last minute would mean that they’d be desperate to bring memberships ASAP. Yesterday it had much of the entire first two weeks of July sold out. They have been releasing additional park capacity (after previously showing a day as sold out) since they reopened. I’m sure it’s because as new rides and restaurants are opening capacity is increased and as long as they have the employees to handle it (more are starting every day) they can release more reservations to sell. But I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a day not completely sell out before the actual date. Additional capacity often gets eaten up quickly. So far they appear to be selling as many tickets as they’ve wanted to the vast majority of the time.
I agree with this assessment in general but I think things might be shifting. I'm guessing that they aren't getting as many reservations as they want, maybe even holding back at times to make demand seem higher then releasing spots so people feel like they're lucky to get in. I got an email the other day from Disneyland "reminding" me to make reservations if I want to go, which felt like a push to get more people to go. You wouldn't think they'd do that if they were selling out as much as they wanted. Especially as capacity continues to ramp up, existing tickets are used up, and people get their fill on full price tickets, it wouldn't be too surprising to see the demand start to fall and dates open up.

Would Disney cut off reservations even if they weren't sold out the day before to make demand seem higher? I wonder. I do know that for March 13, 2020 (last day before closing), flex pass reservations were sold out, but the parks were pretty empty. I think they pretty clearly cut those off to keep crowds down. I have to wonder with the wait times and reports of empty parks in the evenings if they are really selling out all these days or just saying they are to avoid the appearance of falling demand. They couldn't really maintain all these full price ticket sales if people realize that fewer and fewer people are going for it.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

SoCalDisneyLover

I don't think they're going to bring them back ASAP. I do think that whatever program they have planned, will debut by September. If they don't, the parks are going to look like they did back in 2019, when they blocked almost every pass out, because they expected to be packed due to Galaxy's Edge.

Curious Constance

I agree with this assessment in general but I think things might be shifting. I'm guessing that they aren't getting as many reservations as they want, maybe even holding back at times to make demand seem higher then releasing spots so people feel like they're lucky to get in. I got an email the other day from Disneyland "reminding" me to make reservations if I want to go, which felt like a push to get more people to go. You wouldn't think they'd do that if they were selling out as much as they wanted. Especially as capacity continues to ramp up, existing tickets are used up, and people get their fill on full price tickets, it wouldn't be too surprising to see the demand start to fall and dates open up.

Would Disney cut off reservations even if they weren't sold out the day before to make demand seem higher? I wonder. I do know that for March 13, 2020 (last day before closing), flex pass reservations were sold out, but the parks were pretty empty. I think they pretty clearly cut those off to keep crowds down. I have to wonder with the wait times and reports of empty parks in the evenings if they are really selling out all these days or just saying they are to avoid the appearance of falling demand. They couldn't really maintain all these full price ticket sales if people realize that fewer and fewer people are going for it.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
As long as they don’t bring them back until after August, I’m good. Haha

Disney had already said by then end of the year so I’m assuming late fallish.

Mickeyboof

Disneyland is doing well from all I've seen. Even if the day isnt "sold out", everyone going is paying full price (or a multiday price) to get in.

I can’t wait to see the financial reports this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if the full price tickets, even at capacity, result in similar revenue.

Tamandua

FYI, The Matterhorn soft opened today
5f6gdp.jpg

fctiger

Disneyland is doing well from all I've seen. Even if the day isnt "sold out", everyone going is paying full price (or a multiday price) to get in.

Because it's summer and the park has been closed a year. The parks do well every summer. The real question is where will it be come January after everyone has had their fill and holidays are over.

Tamandua

Because it's summer and the park has been closed a year. The parks do well every summer. The real question is where will it be come January after everyone has had their fill and holidays are over.
As of right now, Friday, Saturday, and Monday are readily available and it's July 4th weekend. Sunday pops up sporadically as well. Could it be possible that this holiday weekend does not sell out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom