Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

CaptinEO

Didn't watch this but everyones description reminds me of the Disney+ Imagineering documentary where they show Walt Disneys Disneyland opening speech and Bob Iger's Shanghai opening speech side by side.

It's hilarious to me because the documentary is trying to show parallels between the two but instead it completely showcases how Iger had no emotion or sincerity in his speech.

Tamandua

Didn't watch this but everyones description reminds me of the Disney+ Imagineering documentary where they show Walt Disneys Disneyland opening speech and Bob Iger's Shanghai opening speech side by side.

It's hilarious to me because the documentary is trying to show parallels between the two but instead it completely showcases how Iger had no emotion or sincerity in his speech.
I love documentaries and imagineering, but I thought that documentary was one of the most disingenuous docs I've ever seen. It would be great if Disney would open up their archives and let a neutral filmmaker make something like that.

I actually couldn't believe they aired some of Iger's comments about China right during the Hong Kong protests. It seemed incredibly tone deaf for the company.

CaptinEO

I love documentaries and imagineering, but I thought that documentary was one of the most disingenuous docs I've ever seen. It would be great if Disney would open up their archives and let a neutral filmmaker make something like that.

I actually couldn't believe they aired some of Iger's comments about China right during the Hong Kong protests. It seemed incredibly tone deaf for the company.
It actually started out really great and then the last two episodes were all about how Bob Iger is a messiah and how fans are wrong to question the company.

I also agree it seemed tone deaf as well. Bob Iger probably commissioned this doc as a puff piece about himself.

mrfires

Personally, I got my hopes up for them raising/lowering the drawbridge. It would have been the perfect way to signify re-opening, and I’m afraid this confirmed the rumor that the mechanism no longer works. (The rumor about the fencing along the drawbridge being permanently in place is incorrect)

Stevek

Oh.... hell. No fireworks. 🧐

I wanted to like this, I honestly did. But this was just pathetic and sad. All I got out of this was the following, in no particular order:

• Josh Damaro is reading from a script, but at least he's not the ultra-douchebag Michael Colglazier. And yet, corporate life in Burbank seems to be sucking Josh into a weird place. Anyone who can rattle off the title "Chairman Parks, Experiences and Products" as easily as he can without laughing seems to be someone who is losing their soul. Fight, Josh, fight!
  • Ken Potluck. You read those cue cards like a boss Ken! No one would ever know he's reading a script, right? He's totally all in on this theme park gig for at least two more Fiscal Quarters! Woohoo! :rolleyes:
  • The Twin Masked Ambassadors. Uh... has anyone told them that Californians over age 16 have been able to be vaccinated for weeks now? Has TDA lost so much pull that they can't even vaccinate their Ambassadors? Why the masks, boys? Are you sick? 85% of Covid deaths are over the age of 65 and morbidly obese, so why are you masked while standing outdoors? It's not a good look. Apparently the Ambassadors are carriers. Steer clear of 'em!
  • Castle's two circuit breakers in the basement are flipped back on and the lights go on. No fireworks. Is that it? Yes.
All of these things taken together don't bode well.

Who is in charge of this place? Who cares? What's the point?
You're way over analyzing/thinking this amigo. Why can't we just take it for what it was meant to be, a simple welcome back and thank you to the CMs?

Californian Elitist

Personally, I got my hopes up for them raising/lowering the drawbridge. It would have been the perfect way to signify re-opening, and I’m afraid this confirmed the rumor that the mechanism no longer works. (The rumor about the fencing along the drawbridge being permanently in place is incorrect)
I though the same thing, only I was thinking maybe they could lower it on re-opening day, April 30th. I doubt they will, but it would have been nice.

el_super

I enjoy that they spliced the first bit of the song with the end “for the first time in forever nothing’s in my way!” as a passive-aggressive dig.

LOL suuuuree.

This simple video is far more charming than last night’s effort. Let the CMs sell the product to guests and let management sell it to stockholders. Everyone should know their role.

The video from last night was really for Cast Members. They made it public... because why not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom