Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
I’m still seeing full availability.

I lived in Ohio when I bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist.

I currently live in New Jersey, and if they wanted to, they could look it up, since it’s the same login for my WDW trip next month or my D+ subscription.

Zero issue making a park pass reservation for Disneyland for opening day (I immediately canceled because rules and such; I’d like to keep my ability to go to Disney parks in the future). It said they would check my residency at the gate.
0EC2ED5B-A417-43C2-AF07-F38B486FBA9D.png

DrAlice

This gives me hope for my chances on Thursday.

Is it false hope?

Is Thursday when all the former AP holders are going to be trying to get reservations? Am I going to be competing for tickets/reservations with an army of DL YouTubers? 🥺

waltography

This gives me hope for my chances on Thursday.

Is it false hope?

Is Thursday when all the former AP holders are going to be trying to get reservations? Am I going to be competing for tickets/reservations with an army of DL YouTubers? 🥺
I'm trying to give myself the best shot to get reservations: my card's already linked to my account because I always used mobile order in the parks, and I bookmarked both the tickets and reservations pages for Thursday morning. Any other ideas for how to prepare? 😂😭

DrAlice

I'm trying to give myself the best shot to get reservations: my card's already linked to my account because I always used mobile order in the parks, and I bookmarked both the tickets and reservations pages for Thursday morning. Any other ideas for how to prepare? 😂😭
I did the same thing!!! I don't know what else we can do other than get set up with a Big cup of caffeine, snacks, and clear all work responsibilities. This is important! :D

AJFireman

My opinion is that because its 2 separate transactions it might be good to get into the queue for reservations prior to getting your ticket. This way you do not start in the back of the line when you finish your ticket purchase. Timing will probably be everything though and it really cant hurt to try.

DrAlice

My opinion is that because its 2 separate transactions it might be good to get into the queue for reservations prior to getting your ticket. This way you do not start in the back of the line when you finish your ticket purchase. Timing will probably be everything though and it really cant hurt to try.
Wait... I can do that? I thought you had to have a ticket linked to your profile before you could do anything.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Wait... I can do that? I thought you had to have a ticket linked to your profile before you could do anything.
From my experience playing around with the reservation system, you are put into a queue before you ever get to the screen that asks for linked tickets to start the reservation process (in my case it was only about 10 seconds). It's anticipated this queue can last several minutes before you get there, so jumping into that queue early could help save you time.

Emmanuel

Another Tier update since this will still be relevant until June. 3 counties have moved to a less restrictive tier with Inyo finally out of the purple. Merced is the only county still in purple.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 12.02.31 PM.png

Orange County is at 3.0 with the case rate (both adjusted and unadjusted) as of this week. The Yellow tier is likely to be reached the week Disneyland reopens with the yellow tier adjustments in effect the following week.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
kac02o39480293840294820394823fi.jpg

"Beloved since Disneyland park’s opening day in 1955, King Arthur Carrousel is the whirling center of Fantasyland, a regal throwback to the days of knights jousting and ladies fair. While we have been preparing for the reopening of Disneyland Resort’s theme parks, Walt Disney Imagineering recently completed an extensive refurbishment of this fan-favorite attraction. When we open our park gates on April 30, you’ll be delighted to discover a brightened version of the carrousel, sparkling with 14k gold leaf accents, vibrant details and bold colors.

Each steed was hand repainted, and more than 30 colors were used. With each horse slightly different from one another, riders both young and young at heart can look forward to finding their perfect mount among the 68 leaping horses. In the video below, Imagineer Kim Irvine describes the magical updates to this classic attraction."

ToTBellHop

View attachment 548395

"Beloved since Disneyland park’s opening day in 1955, King Arthur Carrousel is the whirling center of Fantasyland, a regal throwback to the days of knights jousting and ladies fair. While we have been preparing for the reopening of Disneyland Resort’s theme parks, Walt Disney Imagineering recently completed an extensive refurbishment of this fan-favorite attraction. When we open our park gates on April 30, you’ll be delighted to discover a brightened version of the carrousel, sparkling with 14k gold leaf accents, vibrant details and bold colors.

Each steed was hand repainted, and more than 30 colors were used. With each horse slightly different from one another, riders both young and young at heart can look forward to finding their perfect mount among the 68 leaping horses. In the video below, Imagineer Kim Irvine describes the magical updates to this classic attraction."

Lovely. Meanwhile at WDW’a reopening, they were like, “you’ll be delighted to know we cleaned the toilets during the closure.”

PiratesMansion

Lovely. Meanwhile at WDW’a reopening, they were like, “you’ll be delighted to know we cleaned the toilets during the closure.”
Hey now, they did fix the doombuggies so that they turned the way they were supposed to and they got rid of the sunken Jungle Cruise boat! That was VERY HARD work! It was so hard they had to stop for three months and they didn't have the energy to fix the Peoplemover at that point! WDW isn't made of money you know! DiZnEy iS a BuSiNeSs!111!1!1!1! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ToTBellHop

They just installed gold leafs on the carrousel for the 50th and are doing the castle, repainting IASW and Peter Pan and Jungle cruise but ok
They reopened 9 months ago so I’m not sure what your point is. They’re painting and applying gold leaf after making a profit for 9 months as part of a pre-budgeted (and then significantly budget-cut) celebration that includes delaying all major projects. DL is opening a new land in June just because.

Little Green Men

They reopened 9 months ago so I’m not sure what your point is. They’re painting and applying gold leaf after making a profit for 9 months as part of a pre-budgeted (and then significantly budget-cut) celebration that includes delaying all major projects. DL is opening a new land in June just because.
I wouldn’t say just because. It was supposed to open pre pandemic and the only ride is a clone of a ride already in the same park. HM and SWSA was already being refurbished as well.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn’t say just because. It was supposed to open pre pandemic and the only ride is a clone of a ride already in the same park. HM and SWSA was already being refurbished as well.
Right. Ratatouille was supposed to open a year ago and is done. You can‘t get park passes at WDW because it is so busy. And they sit on Rat, push off TRON and Guardians, cancel Mary Poppins while claiming they can’t have M&Gs because of the virus. DL, meanwhile, wants us to come learn the mystic arts with Dr. Strange as they quietly build MMRR.

There are...inconsistencies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom