Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

el_super

Legally, it certainly is. Any further requirement would be Disney’s call.

Doesn't Disney have to send the visitor data to the state for contact tracing requirements as well? Obviously there could be a problem if Disney is sending in lots of visitor information that the state could quickly determine are NOT California residents. Just as I said before, enforcing eligibility requirements are in Disney's best interest, because it will prevent then from being shut down again.

Folks are thinking too hard about this. Folks looking to go now should be prepared to prove they are California residents in case Disney asks for proof.

Seriously. It seems so off putting how eager people are to lie on a form and see if they can cheat the system. It's not very neighborly at all.

Californian Elitist

I went on the site and with tickets that I had purchased last year was able to get all the way to point of booking my reservations. I didn't actually book because I'm planning on August since I'm from NY and I don't want to take any chances. But its a little surprising that they would even let me get to that point.
You had previously bought tickets though, hence why you were able to get to that point. That was the requirement.

el_super

A 10-second wait and no days are fully booked full yet. I really was expecting more people to have had tickets already that were purchased just before the shutdown.

The people who were most interested in going to Disneyland, and would have kept up on the news of reservation availability, had Annual Passes. I don't know if they had adequate time to pre-purchase tickets (and from where? Costco?) after the announcement that the APs were rescinded.

the_rich

You had previously bought tickets though, hence why you were able to get to that point. That was the requirement.
I understand that, but im out of state and I won't go until I'm allowed. But I think theyre gonna have a problem with people booking who shouldn't be yet. People are going to test the system.

Californian Elitist

Doesn't Disney have to send the visitor data to the state for contact tracing requirements as well? Obviously there could be a problem if Disney is sending in lots of visitor information that the state could quickly determine are NOT California residents. Just as I said before, enforcing eligibility requirements are in Disney's best interest, because it will prevent then from being shut down again.

Seriously. It seems so off putting how eager people are to lie on a form and see if they can cheat the system. It's not very neighborly at all.
Right. What are the odds that these big name companies like Disney and Universal will completely dismiss these guidelines and do what they want? That would be a PR disaster.

ToTBellHop

I understand that, but im out of state and I won't go until I'm allowed. But I think theyre gonna have a problem with people booking who shouldn't be yet. People are going to test the system.
Probably not many. I honestly doubt most people will risk it. Most people don’t like to be embarrassed. Booking a flight when there is a risk of being sent away as a crowd watches on would be too much for most. Personally, I have the Villas at the Grand Californian booked for August (and I’m allowed to stay there per state guidelines) but I won’t risk purchasing park tickets until I’m cleared to go. No way I am putting like $1600 on the line. We would just go to Yosemite if we can’t go to DL by then. But I don’t anticipate it being an issue. Still won’t risk that much money until I know I can go. The catch-22 for DVC members like me is that you can’t wait to book your room until park reservations release. Just have to cross my fingers.

Californian Elitist

I don’t believe park tickets are linked to addresses like debit and credit cards are. I guess they could be linked to computers, which can be tracked.

I don’t think it’s surprising you got to where you were, since you had previously bought tickets. I do believe you’re right though, people will test it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Because I don't live in California. My tickets are linked to a ny address. So I assumed they wouldn't let me book while the parks are limited to California residents.
My apologies. My brain must have filtered out the part that you are in NY. So yeah, it is weird assuming you purchased the tickets online and used a credit card with your NY address. So either they really aren't checking that or the question would have come up later in your reservation process.
The people who were most interested in going to Disneyland, and would have kept up on the news of reservation availability, had Annual Passes. I don't know if they had adequate time to pre-purchase tickets (and from where? Costco?) after the announcement that the APs were rescinded.
Yeah, I don't remember when that stopped selling tickets, but I'm pretty sure it was long before the AP program was nixed. Still, it will be hard to know how many people had tickets if they aren't allowing pre-purchased tickets to completely fill up capacity yet.

I just reserved (not prepaid) a hotel room for the weekend of June 4th. It's probably going to be the first weekend aside from opening weekend that gets eaten up. Guess I'll just have to do my best to try and reserve it and if I can't I can always move my hotel reservation to a later weekend.

AJFireman

I went on the site and with tickets that I had purchased last year was able to get all the way to point of booking my reservations. I didn't actually book because I'm planning on August since I'm from NY and I don't want to take any chances. But its a little surprising that they would even let me get to that point.
I am curious if you could complete it. How many other people might actually try thta. You know you can always cancel the reservation after. You do have to check a box though that says everyone on your reservation is a CA resident.

AJFireman

I have not seen any tickets for sale for some time prior to when the AP program ended so there was not the opportunity to grab a ticket. Some people have reported finding old tickets still on the rack recently but they do not scan when you take it to a register to activate. One picture I saw over the weekend was in store and still showed Opening Soon Galaxy Edge so I dont think they go through many ticket sales there and probably didnt get the memo to remove the tickets.

ToTBellHop

Right. What are the odds that these big name companies like Disney and Universal will completely dismiss these guidelines and do what they want? That would be a PR disaster.
Are we talking about the same Universal as the one that yesterday allowed people at their food event, who can be out-of-state, ride Jurassic World and SLoP before anyone else (among other rides)? I don’t think they care all that much about the state government after the last year nor do I think anyone in state government will actually be reviewing guest rosters. They can barely contact trace.

Being on the state government’s ”good side” bought Disney what exactly during the past year? The pleasure of being ignored and having to passive-aggressively demand guidelines and then complaining when they felt the guidelines were unreasonable is what I remember. There is no love lost between Disney or Universal and the State of California.

Californian Elitist

Are we talking about the same Universal as the one that yesterday allowed people at their food event, who can be out-of-state, ride Jurassic World and SLoP before anyone else (among other rides)? I don’t think they care all that much about the state government after the last year nor do I think anyone in state government will actually be reviewing guest rosters. They can barely contact trace.

Being on the state government’s ”good side” bought Disney what exactly during the past year? The pleasure of being ignored and having to passive-aggressively demand guidelines and then complaining when they felt the guidelines were unreasonable is what I remember. There is no love lost between Disney or Universal and the State of California.
Yes, that Universal. Non-Californians have always been allowed to attend the food fests.

It’s not about being on one’s good side, it’s about doing what they’re supposed to do and following guidelines. They might have individual folks who disagree but the company as a whole is not going to go against the guidelines on a significant scale. If they didn’t care and truly only were interested in doing what they wanted, they would have opened to the public last year.

wityblack

Can anyone who has access to the reservation waiting page send me the source code on the page? I want to check a couple things out.

ToTBellHop

There are so many arguments on this board....which one exactly is this calendar suppose to break?
It was an intense argument over the best churro flavor crystals but I’m just going to let it go and be happy ANYONE has reservations to go to Disneyland now. It’s the best news we’ve received in over a year and was largely unthinkable 2 months ago. Onward and upward from here on out.

Also, blue is the best. Any other answer is wrong.

Curious Constance

Good news. Logged onto website, it did have my tickets linked already and even though I’m not making a reservation till August, it’s good to see that almost all dates are all still available right now.
Of course the flood gates haven’t opened up for buying new tickets yet.
So only these first 60 days are given an advantage to those who purchased tickets previously? After these three days, we get no advantage?

ToTBellHop

Good news. Logged onto website, it did have my tickets linked already and even though I’m not making a reservation till August, it’s good to see that almost all dates are all still available right now.
Of course the flood gates haven’t opened up for buying new tickets yet. So only this first 60 days is giving an advantage to those who purchased tickets previously? After these three days, we get no advantage?
Correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom