Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

mickEblu

I would assume yes - there's usually a step when you buy tickets to add names, and based on the screenshots of the reservation process that are out there right now, there's no opportunity to add a name during the reservations.

Yeah you re probably right. Just trying to see where I can save some time.

waltography

I just realized now: how will they handle the reservation queue for tomorrow?

Personally, I think they aren't closing the queue for tomorrow like they did on Monday - what's more likely going to happen is the first few folks to buy tickets will get on immediately and then when the server capacity is hit they'll trigger the VQ again. So I don't know if the "have reservations and tickets windows both open" will work tomorrow or if one will run by faster than the other.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yeah you re probably right. Just trying to see where I can save some time.
Hopefully your name isn't Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffwelchevoralternwarengewissenhaftschaferswessenschafewarenwohlgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeitbeschutzenvonangreifendurchihrraubgierigfeindewelchevoralternzwolftausendjahresvorandieerscheinenvanderersteerdemenschderraumschiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefahrthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiesternwelchegehabtbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinderneurassevonverstandigmenschlichkeitkonntefortpflanzenundsicherfreuenanlebenslanglichfreudeundruhemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandererintelligentgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum.

CaptinEO

I just realized now: how will they handle the reservation queue for tomorrow?

Personally, I think they aren't closing the queue for tomorrow like they did on Monday - what's more likely going to happen is the first few folks to buy tickets will get on immediately and then when the server capacity is hit they'll trigger the VQ again. So I don't know if the "have reservations and tickets windows both open" will work tomorrow or if one will run by faster than the other.
I mean thats how the queue works. It would detect the level of demand dynamically.

I can confirm from Monday that unlike galaxys edge, this was an actual queue with wait times, not a refresh lottery based thing.

Darkbeer1

Same with me, I'm going to grab a 2-day park-hopper. I reserved a room at the Clarion across from the Toy Story parking lot for 3 nights June 4th to 7th. I'm really hoping I can get that weekend.

That raises a question...does anyone know if the Toy Story shuttles will be running? I'm assuming they will, but be reduced capacity.

I also want to say that Dave at Fresh Baked (idk why I watched that, but guess it might be important) stated that the queue for getting reservations on Monday started at 7:30am. You couldn't reserve until 8am, but could get into the queue early. He thinks it might be the same for Thursday, so I'd recommend trying to get into queues at 7:30am for buying tickets and getting reservations.

Toy Story remains in control of the County for COVID Vaccine, so no.

Also, the State Blueprint says >>Limit shuttle service whenever possible and in accordance with obligations to individuals with disabilities. <<

So you could still stay at the Clarion, but opt for the OCTA Route 43 Bus, or hopefully ART will be running, they are currently running limited services.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Toy Story remains in control of the County for COVID Vaccine, so no.

Also, the State Blueprint says >>Limit shuttle service whenever possible and in accordance with obligations to individuals with disabilities. <<

So you could still stay at the Clarion, but opt for the OCTA Route 43 Bus, or hopefully ART will be running, they are currently running limited services.

Okay, thanks. That may cause me to adjust my plans. The hotels across the street from the park are already going to be back up to higher prices by June, so I'll have to see what I can afford vs. walking distance, but I'll look into my ART options as well.

If I was staying 1 or 2 nights I'd bite the bullet, but 3 nights puts those hotels well above $450. I'm fairly frugal when it comes to what I pay for hotels (and my overall trip).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hopefully your name isn't Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffwelchevoralternwarengewissenhaftschaferswessenschafewarenwohlgepflegeundsorgfaltigkeitbeschutzenvonangreifendurchihrraubgierigfeindewelchevoralternzwolftausendjahresvorandieerscheinenvanderersteerdemenschderraumschiffgebrauchlichtalsseinursprungvonkraftgestartseinlangefahrthinzwischensternartigraumaufdersuchenachdiesternwelchegehabtbewohnbarplanetenkreisedrehensichundwohinderneurassevonverstandigmenschlichkeitkonntefortpflanzenundsicherfreuenanlebenslanglichfreudeundruhemitnichteinfurchtvorangreifenvonandererintelligentgeschopfsvonhinzwischensternartigraum.
... of Ulm.

DLR>WDW

Here’s the process I went through on Monday when obtaining my reservation for anyone who is anxious for tomorrow.

I first entered a pre-queue that I accessed through the theme park reservation details page (pre-queue went live earlier in the morning). A few minutes after 8AM, the page refreshed and you were given an approximate wait time. This was first 1 hour, but then quickly updated to ~10 minutes. It counted down accurately so I assume there was an actual queue, rather than a lottery system, as @Captn EO said. Once I reached the front of the line, this message was presented and the page refreshed:
DA4E65CD-992D-4C28-9534-57F574B270EF.jpeg

I was then given a chance to create my party via the tickets I had linked to my account. (RIP the MaxPass I purchased)
B542CA8B-911A-466D-922B-E103EF9C4711.jpeg

I then chose my reservation date. Interestingly, any block out dates you have for your ticket will already be applied to the calendar and marked as “date not available.”
C329846A-969F-4C94-A4B2-FC78D93FA31C.jpeg

Then I chose the park I wanted to visit..
For Park Hopper tickets, you select the park you will be visiting first.
A7FDEAA7-74A1-4D3F-A95B-97EE5A370927.jpeg

And finally, there’s a review page before you confirm your reservation and attest that you are indeed a California resident.
BAF7554B-A6C3-4AB4-8A9E-8697D143DA9D.jpeg

24A7D921-C108-4BB1-B430-3215EE9AD34A.jpeg

Confirmed!
Disney will then send you an email with the QR codes that you’re supposed to show at the entrance. Though I’m not sure why they didn’t just attach the reservation to the ticket itself like WDW.
90608E78-F417-4317-8D44-11D890CBD676.jpeg

Good luck to anyone getting reservations tomorrow! Hopefully the process is just as streamlined and easy.

Ahhh, finally returning to Disneyland!

mrfires

So I have a question about out of state visitors. Let’s say, hypothetically, I have a friend/family member that recently just moved to another state in the last month. If she still has her California ID (which she does), is there anything preventing her from coming with me to Disneyland? Hypothetically, of course.

fctiger

So I have a question about out of state visitors. Let’s say, hypothetically, I have a friend/family member that recently just moved to another state in the last month. If she still has her California ID (which she does), is there anything preventing her from coming with me to Disneyland? Hypothetically, of course.

I don't see how? As long as the ID is still valid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom