Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DLR>WDW

Reservation secured! All dates were available at the time I made my reservation and the process was super quick and easy. Tickets will already be linked to the account that you purchased the tickets with, and you can link tickets within the reservation process if you haven’t done so already. Here’s the attestation of being a California Resident, and that you accept all risks of Covid-19 exposure:
AE2FF6C1-0963-4F30-9AF7-83BE7C982088.jpeg

CaptinEO

Reservation secured! All dates were available at the time I made my reservation and the process was super quick and easy. Tickets will already be linked to the account that you purchased the tickets with, and you can link tickets within the reservation process if you haven’t done so already. Here’s the attestation of being a California Resident, and that you accept all risks of Covid-19 exposure:
View attachment 547883
Hey congratulations! So happy for you!

ToTBellHop

For 1, I don't think that's up to Disney.
It isn’t, but at https://www.visitcalifornia.com/latest-covid-19-coronavirus/ (mouthpiece for CA Tourism Office), we see the following:

Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.

ToTBellHop

1. Has Disney established that residency requirements will drop on June 15?

2. Do we have a reopening date on Matterhorn like we do for some other attractions?
As for Matterhorn, no. It and Jungle Cruise are closed through at least June 28, the last date of the current calendar. Buzz reopens a few days before that (June 26) and Grizzly River Run reopens in May.

CaptinEO

I find the three household thing funny. Universal says this as well. Can't anyone in three households just buy tickets separately?

Last edited:

AJFireman

I find the three household thing funny. Universal says this as well. Can't anyone in three households jut buy tickets separately?
Yep and Disneyland only allows you to make a reservation for up to 10 tickets at a time. Its just a rule that they have to put in their guidelines per the state but really no way to enforce it. I remember when it was only 1 household per table yet people where still meeting at DTD to dine together.

CaptinEO

Yep and Disneyland only allows you to make a reservation for up to 10 tickets at a time. Its just a rule that they have to put in their guidelines per the state but really no way to enforce it. I remember when it was only 1 household per table yet people where still meeting at DTD to dine together.
Got it. I wonder if they will enforce the State residency guidelines. I thought asking for ID is seen as a way of verifying citizenship status, which many would find a form of racism.

ToTBellHop

Got it. I wonder if they will enforce the State residency guidelines. I thought asking for ID is seen as a way of verifying citizenship status, which many would find a form of racism.
I’d honestly be surprised. It seems like an empty threat. There is no reservation time, so we can expect somewhere around 30k people to show up around 9 am in a couple weeks. How will they check all those IDs and maintain physical distancing?

el_super

Got it. I wonder if they will enforce the State residency guidelines.

They're supposed to, and it's still in their best interest to do so.

I thought asking for ID is seen as a way of verifying citizenship status, which many would find a form of racism.

You don't have to be a citizen to have proof of residency. It wouldn't really be any different than the other ways DL asks for identification when buying tickets.

Californian Elitist

There’s a difference between a cop pulling someone over for no reason, particular a person of color, and asking for I.D. versus Disneyland CMs asking guests to provide California I.D. at the gates to make sure they and guests are complying with state law.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom