Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

fctiger

lol i dont know why dca gets so much crap nowadays, its a good park, although still not an all day park to me. but it offers a bunch of different themed areas and good food. Its def not as nice as DL, and hyperion being closed is a huge hit, but still its not as bad as some people make it out to be.

For the record, even though I was the one who posted that video, the irony is I've really gotten to love DCA in the last ten years. My kids look at it just as equally as they do DL because they grew up with it. But end of the day it always comes down to value. You simply get more of it at DL and the nostalgia is hard to beat as well. And none of these parks are cheap, so people are weighing their options more than ever.

I don't think people are staying away from DCA because it's a 'bad' park. I mean they use to that lol, but today I just think it's not seen as good as DL is or as much to do. And I'm not sure if it will ever be seen that way for most.

Last edited:

Tamandua

That I have no doubt. Yeah a lot of the people who are use to going to DL every month probably all made special trips to WDW. If I wasn't so afraid to go when the virus was raging and Florida being well....Florida, I might've considered it too.
I went to Disney world in February and I was surprised by how strict things were. I had heard that Florida was wreckless and didn't have any standards or anything, but they were very strict with masks and distancing, and not just on Disney property. I was actually hoping for a break from the California covid tyranny and was disappointed that Florida was more like California than I ever expected... Except that businesses were open.

fctiger

I went to Disney world in February and I was surprised by how strict things were. I had heard that Florida was wreckless and didn't have any standards or anything, but they were very strict with masks and distancing, and not just on Disney property. I was actually hoping for a break from the California covid tyranny and was disappointed that Florida was more like California than I ever expected... Except that businesses were open.

OK fair enough. But what I saw on TV scared me a lot of times. But many people went there and seem fine so I know it probably wasn't a HUGE deal, it's just more precaution on my part than anything.

The other irony though is everyone kept complaining how unbearable it was to weak a mask in the Florida heat and it didn't sound like something I wanted to wear all day in a super hot theme park.

Tamandua

OK fair enough. But what I saw on TV scared me a lot of times. But many people went there and seem fine so I know it probably wasn't a HUGE deal, it's just more precaution on my part than anything.

The other irony though is everyone kept complaining how unbearable it was to weak a mask in the Florida heat and it didn't sound like something I wanted to wear all day in a super hot theme park.
That's going to be a problem at DLR too. It was pretty hot on Friday and I had a bad headache for the second half of the day. I'm sure having to wear a mask was a significant contributing factor. I'm sort of prone to headaches but I try to minimize my chances of getting them by hydrating and making sure I get enough oxygen, but no one believes me when I say that wearing a mask is actually a hardship. I had the same headache in Florida. It's really counterproductive to require masks at some point with the immunity rate where it is. Masks definitely have their problems. I think they should be optional now.

DLR>WDW

Quick trip report—

Had a great time at the park today. It was so good to be back.

Arrived at Mickey and Friends at 8, and waited for about 15 minutes in line there. As I reached the front, something interesting happened. The attendant just waved myself, and a couple of the cars ahead of me, straight through. I had my card in hand ready to go, but they instead just sent me through for free?! Not sure what that was about, but I’ll take it!

After that, security and temperature checks was a breeze. They told me to hold on to any handheld items not in a bag, such as a phone, and it did not set off the detector. Perhaps they lowered the sensitivity? Once on the tram route, I reached the line of guests queued up to get into the park. It was huge! But once it started moving at 8:30, it chugged along fast. Was able to get into the park before the scheduled opening at 9.

I stayed at the park until about 2ish and was able to ride every major attraction in the park, while waiting less than 15 minutes for each. The queues, though seemingly long, move at a nice pace. I got group 2 for Rise and rode it at around 10AM, waiting less than 5 minutes, and had a great experience. Was surreal to be the first one off the ITS and head down a completely empty corridor, only occupied by Officers. The exclusion of the Rey preshows is unfortunate, but it is by far the least integral to the attraction. Though it does create an in testing flaw in the story, as the First Order has captured us because they want to know the location of the secret base, yet we were never told it by Rey! Anyway, when I got out of the attraction, the return line for ROTR stretched passed the Hungry Bear. I believe this’ because they start off the day by calling groups 1-16, so everyone makes their way to the attraction at the same time—something to be aware of.

Oh, and they also stopped the every-other car parking in the structure. What’d that last? 3 days?

waltography

Quick trip report—

Had a great time at the park today. It was so good to be back.
Glad to hear you had a great time and that the morning lines chugged along! This makes me feel pretty good about doing Mickey & Friends instead of the Harbor entrance, I'd been hedging back and forth over which entrance we should go for the day. Sad to hear they stopped parking every other spot, though; they certainly have the capacity in the structures to do it but I wonder if it slowed things down too much.

fctiger

That's going to be a problem at DLR too. It was pretty hot on Friday and I had a bad headache for the second half of the day. I'm sure having to wear a mask was a significant contributing factor. I'm sort of prone to headaches but I try to minimize my chances of getting them by hydrating and making sure I get enough oxygen, but no one believes me when I say that wearing a mask is actually a hardship. I had the same headache in Florida. It's really counterproductive to require masks at some point with the immunity rate where it is. Masks definitely have their problems. I think they should be optional now.

Well the CDC did recommend vaccinated people didn't have to wear a mask outdoors anymore, but yes that only brings with it a load of problems, biggest being everyone is on the honor system. But it's probably why the corporations like Disney will still require everyone wears masks because they always want to look like they airing on the side of safety above anything. It's still amazing how it's been mostly the corporations who has took all the CDC recommendations to heart, moreso than a lot of the states. I mean I still couldn't eat inside my local Taco Bell until last week lol.

As for your headaches and the mask, I'm not questioning you. But I will be honest and say if you truly are having difficulties like that, then it's probably best to stay out of places where you are forced to wear a mask all day and that would naturally include theme parks, at leas for awhile. But I'm guessing the mask issue will stay through the rest of the year, but I'm also guessing as things improve many places will just stop requiring it sooner than later.

I think Disney is just happy DL is open again more than anything so it will probably stay as strict as possible, at least until more people are vaccinated.

Any rumblings about June 15th still remaining the speculative date out of state can visit?

Checked Newsom's Twitter for any updates regarding this big "reopening date" but most recently was just filled with his Universal photo ops and links to articles about Disneyland's reopening... which I found real interesting to see him celebrating like it wasn't because of him they've been closed this long to begin with....

But anyways, thoughts? I'm ready to return right when we can!!

Tamandua

Any rumblings about June 15th still remaining the speculative date out of state can visit?

Checked Newsom's Twitter for any updates regarding this big "reopening date" but most recently was just filled with his Universal photo ops and links to articles about Disneyland's reopening... which I found real interesting to see him celebrating like it wasn't because of him they've been closed this long to begin with....

Wow. He's been in an all out war with theme parks. Amazing what a few million signatures will do.

Wow. He's been in an all out war with theme parks. Amazing what a few million signatures will do.

He got totally blasted in the comments, rightfully so.

I'm feeling pretty positive June 15th will be the go date... not a good look if he keeps restrictions after announcing that date to be the big "reopening" of CA.

Course if you ask anyone on the DISboards, all the CA residents over there come to chew you out for even hoping that date is a go... hence why I joined this board and jumped ship. ✌️It's a bit more rational over here...

ToTBellHop

He got totally blasted in the comments, rightfully so.

I'm feeling pretty positive June 15th will be the go date... not a good look if he keeps restrictions after announcing that date to be the big "reopening" of CA.

Course if you ask anyone on the DISboards, all the CA residents over there come to chew you out for even hoping that date is a go... hence why I joined this board and jumped ship. ✌️It's a bit more rational over here...
Absolutely. He would not be sharing pictures of the parks reopening if he didn’t intend to open them to all this summer, giving the CA economy an injection of summer tourism dollars before the recall. Just last week, water parks opened to those from OOS. No vaccine requirement. Moving in the right direction.

And don’t get me started on “that shadowy place,” Disboards. That’s beyond our kingdom and you must never go there.

Californian Elitist

Fully vaccinated out of state visitors can currently visit theme parks, except Disneyland. That’s their choice.

At this point, Newsom has nothing to do with that. Disneyland seems to be the only one refusing non Californians.

el_super

It depends on how virus transmissions and vaccination rates are controlled through the reopening of businesses between now and then. If hospitalizations stay low and things stay under control, I don't see why they wouldn't reopen.

What a silly thing to say. It was a deadly pandemic that forced them to be closed, not the governor.

ToTBellHop

It depends on how virus transmissions and vaccination rates are controlled through the reopening of businesses between now and then. If hospitalizations stay low and things stay under control, I don't see why they wouldn't reopen.

What a silly thing to say. It was a deadly pandemic that forced them to be closed, not the governor.
Yes. So many deaths reported from spread in the 47-or-so states that reopened amusement parks last year.

el_super

Yes. So many deaths reported from spread in the 47-or-so states that reopened amusement parks last year.

Yeah... I'm really pleased with how California has been doing lately, and that we finally reached a point where we can reopen things safely.

I saw a car accident on the 5 the other day going towards Disneyland. Looked pretty deadly. Clearly Disneyland is creating dangerous conditions on the road with all these people crowding the freeways. We need to shut it down forever.

Doesn't need to be shut down forever, but clearly keeping it shut down longer worked out well for California if not the whole country. It was the right decision.

Figments Friend

DCA’s problem is it’s not, nor will it ever, be Disneyland. They can improve it all they want, but it will never see the same amount of love and adoration as it’s older brother across the way. The best thing Disney can do is improve DCA (actually improve it and not make it worse, like they’ve been doing). Not to improve it be to a competitor with DL, because that won’t happen. But improve it for its own sake.

Charging less for DCA won’t happen.

This.

-

ToTBellHop

Yeah... I'm really pleased with how California has been doing lately, and that we finally reached a point where we can reopen things safely.

Doesn't need to be shut down forever, but clearly keeping it shut down longer worked out well for California if not the whole country. It was the right decision.
Yes, California’s strategy landed its deaths per 100k residents at 157, 23rd in the country, far below Florida, which sits at 24th in the country with 164 deaths per 100k.

Laughable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom