Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Emmanuel

How long until they throw this ridiculously inconsistent system out the window? I know they said June 15 but I think it will be sooner.

Even if it appears they could get rid of the tier system earlier, they'll likely keep to the June 15th date just to be on the safe side. Even with the vaccines working to contain the spread, no one wants a repeat of last year when CA prematurely reopened

MarvelCharacterNerd

I've experienced security at WDW after the new scanners (yay vaccines) and they are miles ahead of DLRs past security methods.
#jealous

Went to Downtown Disney today for one last experience of 'quiet' there before the parks reopen (and for a CrazyShake on a hot day lol). Had to hand my bag to security to be pawed through (he was quite quick and polite). Never liked it pre-Covid for germ-sharing and still don't like it now. Especially when there are easy breezy alternatives. :(

Curious Constance

#jealous

Went to Downtown Disney today for one last experience of 'quiet' there before the parks reopen (and for a CrazyShake on a hot day lol). Had to hand my bag to security to be pawed through (he was quite quick and polite). Never liked it pre-Covid for germ-sharing and still don't like it now. Especially when there are easy breezy alternatives. :(
If they want to attract the big spenders from other states, they’re gonna have to spend the big bucks and make it an experience the non mega fans are willing to pay for. Waiting in line for 30-60 minutes just to have your bags hand searched isn’t a good start.

fctiger

If they want to attract the big spenders from other states, they’re gonna have to spend the big bucks and make it an experience the non mega fans are willing to pay for. Waiting in line for 30-60 minutes just to have your bags hand searched isn’t a good start.

Well other countries as well. But they been doing this for 20 years now. Hasn't really deterred a lot of visitors from showing up.

Curious Constance

Well other countries as well. But they been doing this for 20 years now. Hasn't really deterred a lot of visitors from showing up.
Visitors? No, it hasn’t. But just imagine if Disneyland’s primary customers weren’t locals. If they had made different decisions 20 years ago, we might be there today.

Stevek

Sounds like folks arrived in the 5am hour this morning if not earlier. Line on Harbor side is down to Hyperion theater. Chapek out watching this AM as well.

Stevek

You also have to be at a level for 2 weeks before moving down a tier. AND..,.. the case rate is adjusted for the number of tests performed in the county that week, so it isn't an exact number.

What I'm saying is, being upset over the blueprint is like yelling at the wind. It will be over by June 15. Be patient. It seems like Disney doesn't have the staffing to ramp up yet anyway.
Interesting about the staffing. I know we’ve been hearing of the challenges but it doesn’t appear they are hiring at this time. My daughter was looking into becoming a CM, nada in the careers site. Any other places she would look?

DrAlice

Interesting about the staffing. I know we’ve been hearing of the challenges but it doesn’t appear they are hiring at this time. My daughter was looking into becoming a CM, nada in the careers site. Any other places she would look?
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply insider knowledge. I have none. My comment was based on what others have said around here. It was previously reported (by those in the know - not me!) that Disney was having trouble calling cast members back to work. There was a significant number of people that had moved on to other jobs. My guess is that until they've finished the "call through the current list" thing they won't be looking for anyone new. I can't imagine the legal trouble they would be in if they hired people from outside without having tried to recall all the people that were furloughed. But again, this is total speculation on my part.

PizzaPlanet

Wow Disneyland changed more than I thought when it was closed 🧐
SmartSelect_20210430-101651_Chrome.jpg

Stevek

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply insider knowledge. I have none. My comment was based on what others have said around here. It was previously reported (by those in the know - not me!) that Disney was having trouble calling cast members back to work. There was a significant number of people that had moved on to other jobs. My guess is that until they've finished the "call through the current list" thing they won't be looking for anyone new. I can't imagine the legal trouble they would be in if they hired people from outside without having tried to recall all the people that were furloughed. But again, this is total speculation on my part.
Oh, I know. My question was more general for the crowd here. As you say, I'm guessing they will need to see who decides to return before they start hiring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom