Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

thomas998

Some if not all attractions have been running for about a month now to work out such kinks
Not surprised they have been running them to see that they are still working... but I'm guessing they are being run minimally and probably without people. When they are being pushed closer to capacity with people I expect it will be a whole new world of stress on the rides, and probably a lot more stress on the CMs which I can't imagine are all veterans of DL. I wouldn't be surprised if DL took advantage of this year long closure to eliminate the older more expensive CMs and only pull back the cheapest one just to save a buck.

TP2000

Seeing the castle lit up with the music playing and Walt speeching, was obviously special to see. I am human.
But two executives reading cue cards in two different locations and two ambassadors standing in a dark park with masks and distanced didn’t exactly give off the imagine of Disneyland being “awake” and “alive” and safe to come back to visit. Ah well.

The visuals were awful. Worse than the actual cue-card reading delivery. Whoever thought this up didn't do a good job with it.

You're way over analyzing/thinking this amigo. Why can't we just take it for what it was meant to be, a simple welcome back and thank you to the CMs?

It was a public video created by the largest and most successful entertainment company on the planet. And it looked and sounded like a quickly done video by some execs to welcome medical salesmen to a quarterly sales conference in a Holiday Inn.

When you realize who created it and under what circumstances, it does not bode well for the immediate future.

TP2000

Yup, that looks completely Socially Distanced and expertly managed! 🤣

I don't know whether to laugh at this, or be mad at this. I mean, even Dr. Fauci now admits you can't really get Covid outdoors, but for 14 months so many people claimed there was mysterious Science! behind keeping beaches and state parks and Disneyland closed.

So now... no one cares about that? Not even CM's? I have realized most of this was a joke a long time ago, but has the rest of the world finally caught up?

Ez_kekFVEAQBMsh

On the flip side, I would have expected Disneyland management to organize and manage this better. They have giant facilities designed to host tens of thousands per day, and they are using them at a small fraction of their design capacity. So why are there crowds and long lines??? That seems like poor management skills, if you ask me. Just look at those photos above and try and explain it. I can't.

fctiger

I don't know whether to laugh at this, or be mad at this. I mean, even Dr. Fauci now admits you can't really get Covid outdoors, but for 14 months so many people claimed there was mysterious Science! behind keeping beaches and state parks and Disneyland closed.

So now... no one cares about that? Not even CM's? I have realized most of this was a joke a long time ago, but has the rest of the world finally caught up?

Ez_kekFVEAQBMsh

On the flip side, I would have expected Disneyland management to organize and manage this better. They have giant facilities designed to host tens of thousands per day, and they are using them at a small fraction of their design capacity. So why are there crowds and long lines??? That seems like poor management skills, if you ask me. Just look at those photos above and try and explain it. I can't.

Everyone has said over and over you were much safer outdoors vs indoors, hence why outdoor dining and other events were allowed. And they still recommend you socially distance. But now with the cases dropping a lot, due to the vaccinations it's even more safe outdoors now. This is all a good thing. But YES, I have always thought DL and the other theme parks could've opened months ago. with the restrictions they have now.

But looking at those pictures is why I'm still not jumping at the chance to go until I'm fully vaccinated. Shot #2 in two more weeks!

Tamandua

Ez_kekFVEAQBMsh

It's a preview day so I guess you should expect them to be rusty. If this happens Friday or after then they're in trouble. It's really too bad that they shut down for so long because Disneyland was a massive operation with a lot of institutional knowledge and muscle memory that is likely gone now.

What's the minimun number of hours that you can work at Disney? Can I work there like one day a week?

George Lucas on a Bench

Ez_kekFVEAQBMsh

I just can't believe how awful and gaudy that Mickey head/body public art display is. What a disaster.

waltography

Was thinking the same thing! The first thing I noticed was the lack of those oval-shaped, pinkish plates and silverware. :/ But I guess generic food trays are to be expected for now. :(
Fingers crossed they make a return whenever they allow indoor dining again (mid-May is what I'm hearing being floated around?) but even then I'm sure the to-go containers are their safe bet.

Practical Pig

fctiger

FYI, the lack of Trams is based on our Fine Governor's Blueprint.

>>Trams, shuttles, and other transit (Public and Private Passenger Carriers, Transit, and Intercity Passenger Rail Guidance)

o Limit shuttle service whenever possible and in accordance with obligations to individuals with disabilities.<<

I hope it doesn't last too long. That's a long walk and another reason why I was put off by the Taste of Disney. You need a break before you even enter the park.

fctiger

It is a long walk! I have walked from Desert Palms Hotel to all the way up to The Post Office, I was surely tired!

Yeah I walked it a few times going back to the car when I was too impatient to get through the sea of humanity for a shuttle. And after an already long day, you're extra tired. But at least I was going home. The thought of walking that to and from the parks is eye rolling. Reason #37 I'm in no rush to go back anytime soon. Maybe it will change by the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom