Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

mickEblu

Thats not true. SWL is open to everyone on the 24th. So what difference would that make? They are not getting in regardless? And if you can only book 2 days, wouldn't it make sense to WAIT until the 24th to book it?

Look, I just counted the days on the calendar. Currently 30 days from now STOPS on June 21st. So if I'm reading their rules correctly you can NOT make a reservation on the 22nd until tomorrow. What am I missing?

And I just checked, the passes ARE valid now. So you don't wait until June. So that's not it either.

Did you look at the screenshot I attached a few posts ago?

fctiger

Did you look at the screenshot I attached a few posts ago?

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you lol. I just counted the days. The 30 day reservation window ends on June 21st. OK? Could you be right, I guess, but technically no one can make that reservation until tomorrow UNLESS I'm missing a loophole somewhere, and yes I very well could be. But no I did not see it. So it may help clarify why you disagree with me.

But even if I am wrong, you literally have 30 days open RIGHT NOW to go to either park.. Shouldn't THIS weekend be blocked already? So yeah, so far, not a big deal. But its only been a day lol.

mickEblu

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you lol. I just counted the days. The 30 day reservation window ends on June 21st. OK? Could you be right, I guess, but technically no one can make that reservation until tomorrow UNLESS I'm missing a loophole somewhere, and yes I very well could be. But no I did not see it. So it may help clarify why you disagree with me.

But even if I am wrong, you literally have 30 days open RIGHT NOW to go to either park.. Shouldn't THIS weekend be blocked already? So yeah, so far, not a big deal. But its only been a day lol.

Lol me neither and I’m never angry enough at any of this non sense for that to be the case but why do you keep avoiding the elephant in the room? THEY are saying the day is at CAPACITY and no more reservations are allowed.

fctiger

Lol me neither and I’m never angry enough at any of this non sense for that to be the case but why do you keep avoiding the elephant in the room? THEY are saying the day is at CAPACITY and no more reservations are allowed.

That's what I'm saying, I think the confusion is coming from how they laid out the calendar format in itself. They are using the slash key for BOTH criteria, either if the park is at capacity and/or if its past the 30 day window. I'm looking at both of these fine prints:

¹Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance, subject to availability.

²Reservation Unavailable dates require reservations but are at capacity.

So I think in THIS regard the slash is referring to number 1, not number 2. Where is the slash then to indicate #1 and that you have gone beyond the 30 day window? And why would the 24th still be open then??? Why would they ALL be open except that day?

I just think its badly formatted, that's all. Because logically BASED on that same calendar and how its currently set up, its also implying you can book any day you want between now through the rest of the year. And that makes no sense either!

It just needs to be formatted MUCH better IMO, but its early.

Last edited:

gsrjedi

I understand the wording, I just think they’re showing the 30 day limit in a weird way on the app. Yesterday when the pas went live I looked and the 21st was listed as unavailable with the slash through to represent it was at capacity. Today the 21st is open and the 22nd is unavailable. I’m pretty certain tomorrow the 22nd will be open and the 23rd will be unavailable

fctiger

I understand the wording, I just think they’re showing the 30 day limit in a weird way on the app. Yesterday when the pas went live I looked and the 21st was listed as unavailable with the slash through to represent it was at capacity. Today the 21st is open and the 22nd is unavailable. I’m pretty certain tomorrow the 22nd will be open and the 23rd will be unavailable

Exactly! That's what I'm saying too. And if in fact my OP I mentioned the 21st was open but I didn't explain it was ALSO blocked yesterday but now its open again. So that's why I'm saying that's what the slash is representing, simply that its beyond the 30 day window. But its confusing because ALL the dates after the 30 days should be slashed, but aren't, so people are assuming its just booked up. I can't blame anyone here for being confused, its horribly formatted!

mickEblu

That's what I'm saying, I think the confusion is coming from how they laid out the calendar format in itself. They are using the slash key for BOTH criteria, either if the park is at capacity and/or if its past the 30 day window. I'm looking at both of these fine prints:

¹Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance, subject to availability.

²Reservation Unavailable dates require reservations but are at capacity.

So I think in THIS regard the slash is referring to number 2, not number one. Where is the slash then to indicate #2 and that you have gone beyond the 30 day window? And why would the 24th still be open then??? Why would they ALL be open except that day?

I just think its badly formatted, that's all. Because logically BASED on that same calendar and how its currently set up, its also implying you can book any day you want between now through the rest of the year. And that makes no sense either!

It just needs to be formatted MUCH better IMO, but its early.

I can agree with you there. It’s terribly formatted! I worked in change management and the way they have it laid out is confusing for the end user. They should use us here as a pilot before going live. Anyway the terrible formatting isn’t the only reason it’s confusing. In my screenshot where I circled- it literally says the slashed days are slashed because they are at capacity meaning they are fully booked, not unavailable because it’s more than 30 days out. They need to have a different coding for days that are unavailable because they are booked and days that are unavailable because they are more than 30 days out.

Or maybe the day is actually booked. Lol. We ll see tomorrow.

Last edited:

fctiger

I can agree with you there. It’s terribly formatted! I worked in change management and the way they have it laid out is confusing for the end user. They should use us here as a pilot before going live. Anyway the terrible formatting isn’t the only reason it’s confusing. In my screenshot where I circled- it literally says the slashed days are slashed because they are at capacity meaning they are fully booked not unavailable because it’s more than 30 days out. They need to have a different coding for days that are unavailable because they are booked and days that are unavailable because they are more than 30 days out.

Or maybe the day is actually booked. Lol. We ll see tomorrow.

But that's also why I pasted both of those lines, I think the slash IS suppose to be for both, but its so vague is where the confusion sets in. Anyway, its no biggie,, we'll know tomorrow, but I hope they format it better regardless. If we're confused, I can imagine the 65 year old grandmother trying to book a reservation and can't make heads or tail of it lol.

mickEblu

But that's also why I pasted both of those lines, I think the slash IS suppose to be for both, but its so vague is where the confusion sets in. Anyway, its no biggie,, we'll know tomorrow, but I hope they format it better regardless. If we're confused, I can imagine the 65 year old grandmother trying to book a reservation and can't make heads or tail of it lol.

Looks like I was right. See screenshot below. Hopefully they re running out so fast because they’re not offering a lot of reservations right now due to SWL opening and hopefully the formatting gets better. All they really have to do is color code days that are 30 days out a different color. But the slash to me always meant unavailable because they were at capacity/booked. I never counted the days but I just took what the little number 2 in the legend was saying at face value.

If reservations for weekends are something that need to be done at midnight to have any chance that dramatically lowers the value of the pass. At the same time it’s good they keep things reasonable because the whole point of this pass is to control crowds. I think it may take them a little time to find the sweet spot and for now they re erring on the side of caution with SWL opening.

B106FC6F-AB76-4BE9-AD5F-80E9D1813642.png

EDIT: well actually looks like you may be right lol and their system is even more confusing than I thought. Basically they re completely contradicting the info they have in their legend that says a slashed out date is due to the date being at capacity. SoCalDavid explains it pretty well on Reddit...( can’t believe how poorly thought out this is)

At 12:01 AM PST, the calendar will show the Date that's 31 Days Away, with an line through it. The Date 30 Days Away will also still have a line through it.

At 7 AM, the Date 30 Days Away will open up as available.

So then this means as of now no dates are actually booked even though they actually show it’s booked/ unavailable with a slash. Lol. And if they want to go that confusing/ contradicting route anyway why not put a slash on all the dates that come after the day that’s 31 days out?

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Like someone mentioned they should just change the color and add another fine print that says not available for reservations YET.

I do have a feeling that the weekend after will be filled if enough flexs are avialable since it will be the first Saturday after Galaxy Edge opens to public

fctiger

Looks like I was right. See screenshot below. Hopefully they re running out so fast because they’re not offering a lot of reservations right now due to SWL opening and hopefully the formatting gets better. All they really have to do is color code days that are 30 days out a different color. But the slash to me always meant unavailable because they were at capacity/booked. I never counted the days but I just took what the little number 2 in the legend was saying at face value.

If reservations for weekends are something that need to be done at midnight to have any chance that dramatically lowers the value of the pass. At the same time it’s good they keep things reasonable because the whole point of this pass is to control crowds. I think it may take them a little time to find the sweet spot and for now they re erring on the side of caution with SWL opening.

View attachment 375031

EDIT: well actually looks like you may be right lol and their system is even more confusing than I thought. Basically they re completely contradicting the info they have in their legend that says a slashed out date is due to the date being at capacity. SoCalDavid explains it pretty well on Reddit...( can’t believe how poorly thought out this is)

At 12:01 AM PST, the calendar will show the Date that's 31 Days Away, with an line through it. The Date 30 Days Away will also still have a line through it.

At 7 AM, the Date 30 Days Away will open up as available.

So then this means as of now no dates are actually booked even though they actually show it’s booked/ unavailable with a slash. Lol. And if they want to go that confusing/ contradicting route anyway why not put a slash on all the dates that come after the day that’s 31 days out?

Yeah I just looked at the site. Now the 22nd is open and the 23rd is slashed out. It looks like I was right (and yes I could've been wrong too)). As I said I just counted the days on the calendar and the 22nd wouldn't be counted until today. I also said they should ALL be slashed out from the 31st day on to let people know they could only reserve within the 30 day window. I knew that's where the real confusion is coming in and people just think its sold out.

As said its just badly formatted and confusing. But it made no sense for that one day to be full but yet the ENTIRE month to be completely open. And it definitely made no sense for DCA to be so full lol. Yeah, DL, OK, but DCA too? Unless some major convention or something was happening that weekend I had no idea why that one particular day would be full to capacity.

And as I said I highly doubt Disney has even sold that many passes yet to even book a full day. My guess is it will probably be a month at least until we start to see blocked days. Too many people are still on other passes right now. The first year will probably not be all that bad getting a reservation, although I know it will get worse later but not bad this soon.

fctiger

Like someone mentioned they should just change the color and add another fine print that says not available for reservations YET.

I do have a feeling that the weekend after will be filled if enough flexs are avialable since it will be the first Saturday after Galaxy Edge opens to public

Exactly! Thats where I saw MickEblu and others were getting confused on. They are not to blame of course, Disney is. They should make it clear as day what is NOT open for reservation yet, but they literally just have one slash there while everything else is open so people can assume every day after that is open to book when its the complete opposite.

To be fair it does say on the website you can only book 30 days out which is why I knew what the slash was really indicating, but they have to know a lot of people are going to miss that. Make it plain as day when you can and can not go just like they do the block out dates.

choco choco

I think this is the answer to all the people who feel there are too many APs in the park, but still gives Disney the ability to sell as many passes as they want. This is honestly a very clever middle ground I don't think I ever seen proposed on a message board. They have some smart people in that company. ;)

I still think the better idea would be to replace the whole thing with a Membership program. For $400 (or some number, done after analysis) you get half off any ticket for yourself for a year, plus food and merchandise discounts and special events.

Simple, easy to understand, fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom