Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

Ismael Flores

So I went from So Cal Select (2014) to Premium (2015) and when I had to renew in 2016 it showed all levels of passes as well as parking add ons available, despite me never purchasing a pass with a parking add on.

I believe this is still the case. Right now I have a preimier pass up for renewal but have to do it by phone so am unsure of my options.

I believe your Premier automatically includes parking same as signature and signature+. It is only the lower tier passes that got parking option removed a while back

DanielBB8

Individual savings from one Signature pass makes sense if you go a lot, but if you have a family, it makes more sense for everyone to get a Flex pass and pay for parking separately even if you end up going quite a bit. There’s no way of knowing which person in the family will go on a different trip. In the best circumstances, you might just go once a month. Getting a fully loaded Signature pass is mostly overpaying. If you had to calculate it, you cannot afford it.

Phroobar

I think we need to be reminded again....
5IxDDin.jpg

fctiger

Flex passes just went on sale today at 7am PST and June 21st is already booked.

Thats not true actually. I just looked at the calendar. The 21st is open. The 22nd is now blocked but I think its only because thats the 31st day in the calendar since it only allows you to book up to 30 days, thats all. And so far every day in June is open up to the 30 days.

And I can't imagine thousands of people getting this pass on the first day lol. It will probably be a month or so of sales to even get enough people to block a day out and of course we don't know even what the actual number of reservations to deem a day full.

fctiger

I think this Flex Pass is a good Idea. Disney makes more money while simultaneously controlling the AP herds.

I think this is the answer to all the people who feel there are too many APs in the park, but still gives Disney the ability to sell as many passes as they want. This is honestly a very clever middle ground I don't think I ever seen proposed on a message board. They have some smart people in that company. ;)

Of course all the passes would have to be on a reservation system to completely work and I doubt they would ever do it for the top passes but its a nice experiment to see how well it will work and most importantly how many people are willing to go this route?

The only REAL problem I see is if you want to book a vacation and go 3-4 days which many people actually buy Aps for. That might be a big turn off for a lot of people since you can only book two days at a time.

mickEblu

Thats not true actually. I just looked at the calendar. The 21st is open. The 22nd is now blocked but I think its only because thats the 31st day in the calendar since it only allows you to book up to 30 days, thats all. And so far every day in June is open up to the 30 days.

And I can't imagine thousands of people getting this pass on the first day lol. It will probably be a month or so of sales to even get enough people to block a day out and of course we don't know even what the actual number of reservations to deem a day full.

It was true as of yesterday. Today they removed the “reservation unavailable” for the 21st and added it to the 22nd. It could be what you said about the day being 31 days out but it’s a little confusing considering the dates after 6/22 do not have a slash and appear to be available for reservations. Like I said I think they re still working out the kinks. If what you said was the case they should have all the dates after 6/22 labeled as unavailable as well unless it really is already booked for that day. Either way they should have the days further than 30 days out be a different color.

0CF58F44-0A8E-4FFA-847C-5C72459FC019.png

Last edited:

mickEblu

If 6/22 is already booked (which if we take their legend for face value it is) then anyone buying a Flex Pass should be concerned as that was the case as of 12:35 last night when I checked.

fctiger

If 6/22 is already booked (which if we take their legend for face value it is) then anyone buying a Flex Pass should be concerned as that was the case as of 12:35 last night when I checked.

No its not already booked. As I said, its just not available yet. And why would that one day be booked and yet all the other days free?So its just not booked, just not available.

mickEblu

No its not already booked. As I said, its just not available yet. And why would that one day be booked and yet all the other days free?So its just not booked, just not available.

Read the fine print bruh before you sound so sure of yourself...

8C6ED137-0ABF-46A8-AF78-53D8AF3D3DA0.jpeg

Attachments

• 96515188-C0B6-47C0-9918-551FFDA04942.jpeg
    96515188-C0B6-47C0-9918-551FFDA04942.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 36

Stevek

Original Poster
How odd. I hope this isn't a sign that things book up instantly.
This may very well happen, by design, for the first summer of SWGE. I would not be surprised if they are allowing a very limited number of flex pass owners to book each day for a while

fctiger

Read the fine print bruh before you sound so sure of yourself...

View attachment 374842

Its really simple You can only reserve up to 30 days. May has 31 days in it So what date would be day 30 from today? June 21st, right? So thats WHY June 22nd is slashed out. It's literally unavailable until tomorrow to even reserve that date.

Think it through, WHY would literally every single day before then be completely open up until that day? I checked, both DL and DCA are available until now through the 21st. And what would be going on that day that not only DL is booked solid but also DCA lol. And wouldn't there be dates filled before then? At least one? Why not the 8th or the 15th (both Saturdays) as well?

I think its confusing because its ONLY that day that is slashed for some reason, but you can't book anything past 22nd so they should ALL be blocked from the 22nd on. I think that is where the confusion is coming in.

Edit: OK, maybe I am the one confused. Do they not start until June 21st or something? If so, then yes I'm wrong then. I assumed you can use them starting now. But then wouldn't you still have to WAIT until the 30 days are up to make a reservation anyway?

mickEblu

Its really simple You can only reserve up to 30 days. May has 31 days in it So what date would be day 30 from today? June 21st, right? So thats WHY June 22nd is slashed out. It's literally unavailable until tomorrow to even reserve that date.

Think it through, WHY would literally every single day before then be completely open up until that day? I checked, both DL and DCA are available until now through the 21st. And what would be going on that day that not only DL is booked solid but also DCA lol. And wouldn't there be dates filled before then? At least one? Why not the 8th or the 15th (both Saturdays) as well?

I think its confusing because its ONLY that day that is slashed for some reason, but you can't book anything past 22nd so they should ALL be blocked from the 22nd on. I think that is where the confusion is coming in.

Edit: OK, maybe I am confused. Do they not start until the 21st? If so, then yes I'm wrong then. I assumed you can use them starting now.

I dunno. Maybe because it’s the Saturday before SWL opens up to the general public? Or maybe Disney is limiting reservations that day. I didn’t count the days but I’m reading the plain English on the Disney app.... you know where it says the day is at capacity. Lol

EDIT: just saw your edit.

fctiger

I dunno. Maybe because it’s the Saturday before SWL opens up to the general public? Or maybe Disney is limiting reservations that day. I didn’t count the days but I’m reading the plain English on the Disney app.... you know where it says the day is at capacity. Lol

EDIT: just saw your edit.

But what difference would that make? They are not getting in regardless. And if you can only book 2 days out of the month, wouldn't it make sense to WAIT until the 24th to book when you can literally see the land?

Look, I just counted the days on the calendar. Currently 30 days from now STOPS on June 21st. So if I'm reading their rules correctly you can NOT make a reservation on the 22nd until tomorrow. What am I missing?

And I just checked, the passes ARE valid now. So you don't wait until June. So that's not it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom