News Disneyland Magic Key Program

Touchdown

Why are you all using gift cards? Trying to pump up your credit card rewards? Is a thousand points really worth the hassle? If you need to save overtime, with high yield savings accounts and money market funds earning 5% interest right now, you will be far better off earning 10s of actual dollars then earning thousands of funny money worth a fraction of a cent.

FoodRockz

Why are you all using gift cards? Trying to pump up your credit card rewards? Is a thousand points really worth the hassle? If you need to save overtime, with high yield savings accounts and money market funds earning 5% interest right now, you will be far better off earning 10s of actual dollars then earning thousands of funny money worth a fraction of a cent.
My assumption is they're buying them at places like Target to save the 5% on them right off the bat. But that's just a guess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My assumption is they're buying them at places like Target to save the 5% on them right off the bat. But that's just a guess.
Indeed, that's my take, too.

And they can be combined into one at the website Disney provides so that their CS reps aren't bogged down doing that manually over the phone.

The only thing a gift card can't do, it seems, is AP renewals.

CaptinEO

Lots of good deals to be had with gift cards if you are patient and acquire them over time. I got mine at 10-12% off. And that's 2500 worth that I slowly accumulated, so approximately 250-300 saved.

My entire honeymoon I did the same thing for at Disney World. Many years at DL I got APs with gift cards. That's why it's frustrating Disney has the one gift card limit especially when APs cost so much now.

You can't cross post links to other Disney fan boards here but if you want a link to a thread about this feel free to PM.

gerarar

Premium Member
For my recent DL trip this past November, I bought a couple gift cards at Sam's Club. They had a special sale of $200 for $180. That's 10% in savings. Max limit was 2. They also have regular discounts of $150 for $144. That helped in purchasing tickets and such.

I also bought a bunch of gift cards in $25 denominations (for $23) as early Christmas gifts for my group of first timers. They appreciated it very much since they were able to use it on food and apparel on our one day at the parks! T'was a fun day overall!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You can only combine $1000 limit to one gift card. So if you are buying multiple pass or the Inspire or Believe you cannot do it all on one gift cards.
Ah, I didn't know that limitation. But, couldn't one just spend $1,000 gift card on one annual pass. Then start a new transaction and then spend another $1,000 gift card on the next annual pass. And so on?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Aww, I missed that! Was Pizza Dog involved?
This is the third holiday season they've run the holiday Hawkeye stunt show - it's one of my absolute favorite shows on Campus. It's fun and ridiculous and changes every time based on the ending (saying any more would spoil it :))

Here's a central view of the full show from last Christmas:

And this year, if you looked up in the top right corner of Avengers Headquarters you'd see (an inflatable) Lucky the Pizza Dog. :) He sometimes was up there holding a slice of pizza, but I don't think he was this day:

Parteecia

This is the third holiday season they've run the holiday Hawkeye stunt show - it's one of my absolute favorite shows on Campus. It's fun and ridiculous and changes every time based on the ending (saying any more would spoil it :))

Here's a central view of the full show from last Christmas:

And this year, if you looked up in the top right corner of Avengers Headquarters you'd see (an inflatable) Lucky the Pizza Dog. :) He sometimes was up there holding a slice of pizza, but I don't think he was this day:

Thank you! I saw Pizza Dog off and on - one of those little surprises that can delight - but was busy chasing live music all over DCA. I do love how many shows they offered over the holidays.

Attention Disney: I would totally buy an inflatable Pizza Dog. Even if my real dog would eat it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Thank you! I saw Pizza Dog off and on - one of those little surprises that can delight - but was busy chasing live music all over DCA. I do love how many shows they offered over the holidays.

Attention Disney: I would totally buy an inflatable Pizza Dog. Even if my real dog would eat it.
For the final show of the season yesterday, I noticed Lucky wasn't on his perch on the roof.
Thor showed up carrying him at the end. So cute!
I'll post video in the next week or two.

But yes, DCA does well in the entertainment department for the holidays. Though I MISS the bell-ringers - that was such a charming little show on Buena Vista Street!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom