News Disneyland Magic Key Program

AJFireman

It really is. They get you with the holidays though. If you want to take the whole family once during Christmas it throws the whole thing off.
Understandable but if you only care about the atmosphere then the So Cal Deal is available this week. The season doesnt end until Sunday so you get pretty much get it all except for a visit with Santa he leaves after Christmas.

mickEblu

Understandable but if you only care about the atmosphere then the So Cal Deal is available this week. The season doesnt end until Sunday so you get pretty much get it all except for a visit with Santa he leaves after Christmas.

There’s something really anticlimactic about that. My crispy Christmas tree is already outside in the green garbage can. Lol

But good point. You could actually buy a So Cal pass and still go during “the holidays.” At least this year. In years past I don’t think they sold the So Cal passes quite so early.

TrainsOfDisney

There’s something really anticlimactic about that. My crispy Christmas tree is already outside in the green garbage can. Lol

But good point. You could actually buy a So Cal pass and still go during “the holidays.” At least this year. I’m years past I don’t think they sold the So Cal passes quite so early.
Today is the 11th day of Christmas though!

mickEblu

Today is the 11th day of Christmas though!

Haha it is? Is that how that song works? I never really gave it any thought. I think I just subconsciously figured they meant x number of days BEFORE Christmas. Which really doesn’t make any sense when you consider they say “on the” 7th day of Christmas for example. So what the hell is this song about? There’s only one day of Christmas people. Well two if you count Christmas Eve.

TrainsOfDisney

Haha it is? Is that how that song works? I never really gave it any thought. I think I just subconsciously figured they meant x number of days BEFORE Christmas. Which really doesn’t make any sense when you consider they say “on the” 7th day of Christmas for example. So what the hell is this song about? There’s only one day of Christmas people. Well two if you count Christmas Eve.
Yup! 12 days of Christmas until the Epiphany / 3 Kings Day when you celebrate the arrival of the wise man.

La Bafenna, the Christmas witch from Italy also arrives on the epiphany. You can see her in Epcot and learn all about it! Well… you have to wait until next year to see her in Epcot haha.

SuddenStorm

But good point. You could actually buy a So Cal pass and still go during “the holidays.” At least this year. In years past I don’t think they sold the So Cal passes quite so early.

Yep, I was there on the 30 and the holiday stuff sort of falls flat after Christmas Day.

mickEblu

I just want one more shot at holiday snacks as they were still bringing them out late into the season!

Oh well that’s different. Going for the 10th + time during the holidays as a MK is different than paying single day ticket prices to get your lone “holiday” visit after the actual holidays or using up one of your three So Cal ticket days.

CaptinEO

We decided to try for Enchant Keys.

Here is Disney's world class customer service. You can only use one gift card per transaction online (1k max per giftcard)

You can use more in person but then have to pay 35 to park and each member of your party youre buying keys for needs to be there. And it's on a Wednesday morning when people have work.

So I either spend all day waiting in an online queue where I don't get to use all my giftcards to pay for the keys

OR my wife and I both have to take off a random Wednesday morning and drive in rush hour traffic to Anaheim for the chance of buying something that may or may not sell out.

SuddenStorm

We decided to try for Enchant Keys.

Here is Disney's world class customer service. You can only use one gift card per transaction online (1k max per giftcard)

You can use more in person but then have to pay 35 to park and each member of your party youre buying keys for needs to be there. And it's on a Wednesday morning when people have work.

So I either spend all day waiting in an online queue where I don't get to use all my giftcards to pay for the keys

OR my wife and I both have to take off a random Wednesday morning and drive in rush hour traffic to Anaheim for the chance of buying something that may or may not sell out.

Just use the gift cards to buy merchandise or food in the park when you go after buying the passes?

I'm also pretty sure Disney has a site where you can merge gift cards.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney really stopped trying to make it easy for the customers didn’t they?

Look, I own a magic key and feel like I got good value from it. But still, consider this.

- It’s not an AP - have to make reservations, and there are also blackout dates. No way to know when the dates you want will fill up.

- no renewal price. Pay in full, always.

- only available for “limited time” but that time is not known.

- can’t pay for renewals with a gift card.

- can only use one gift card per transaction for new sales (unless in person).

- no physical card - must have an app on smartphone to enter and use discounts.

That’s a lot of hoops for a customer to jump through!!!

I mean sure, if Disney made customers walk through a corn-maze to get into the park we would do it, but that doesn’t mean they should!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Oh well that’s different. Going for the 10th + time during the holidays as a MK is different than paying single day ticket prices to get your lone “holiday” visit after the actual holidays or using up one of your three So Cal ticket days.
Yeah, no one is still "in the holiday spirit" by this point, but they annoyingly brought out my favorite snack this season right before the blockout and I wants it again :D so for that selfish reason I'm hoping I have one more shot at it this weekend. :)

Plus I'm hoping the holiday Hawkeye show is still happening on Campus - it's so fun! :)

Vegas Disney Fan

Can I no longer use my Disney Visa rewards to pay for my AP? That’s the biggest benefit of the Disney Visa, if they take that away I’ll switch to airline rewards instead.

CaptinEO

Just use the gift cards to buy merchandise or food in the park when you go after buying the passes?
That's what my wife told me. Still a bit sad that after a year of buying discounted cards I can't just use them outright for the purchase of the keys.
I'm also pretty sure Disney has a site where you can merge gift cards.
Yes so you can merge the gift cards up to 1000 per card. But because can only do one card per transaction it is limiting especially since keys cost so much and if you are buying more than one or for a family there's no chance.

You can also buy a Magic Key, re enter the queue, then hope to get another Magic Key, but they are limited and can sell out.

Wonder if someone who is legal savvy has any thoughts on Disney making restrictive rules on the use of their giftcards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom