News Disneyland Magic Key Program

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Oh wow! committed hahaha i was thinking how you would do it!

I’m panicking hahaha still here

IMG_0364.png

AJFireman

I was going to get the Believe but broke it down right before I got onto the purchase page and I got the Inspire. Between the parking as I always drive and the increase discount I should make up for the difference. Plus I can go more Saturdays during the Holidays.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
As of 5:54pm PT, the Enchant Key, Believe Key and Inspire Key are no longer available for new purchases - only renewals.

The Imagine Key (Only available for Southern California Residents living in zip codes 90000 to 93599) is still available.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 8.58.14 PM.png

CaptinEO

Seems like it's not so much a fixed amount as someone making a call on these things, it's too coincidental 3 keys "sold out" at the same minute.

I think Disney likes flipping the script to make things unpredictable. Last year the Inspire Key was on sale for 7 months and now it sold out in less than a day?

mickEblu

Me and the wife now have Annual Passes for the first time since the March 2020 shutdowns. How fun!

We went with enchant keys as believe didnt make sense for us and inspire cost too much for us.

So they got ya huh?

They got us too. Lol. We were originally going for Believe Keys but they sold out and I was actually relieved. I tried convincing my wife the last time we bought Keys that we could get away with imagine but she wasn’t up for it and told me “imagine I leave your @$$ at home on the weekend and go alone with the kids.” This time we had no choice haha.

I’m relieved that I won’t feel the pressure to get our Believe Keys worth in visits. Not having the weekend access will limit our trips to probably about 6-8 times during the year down from 22 or so last year which is fine by me. I just drove back from Newport Beach tonight and I don’t want no parts of that drive twice a month. Is it me or are drivers getting substantially worse? Maybe I’m just getting older? For me it’s really just about having the option to go every once in a while and to scratch our and the kids itch. At $500 the Imagine passes are a steal. At the very least we we were going to buy the So Cal 3 day passes and this ends up being just a few hundred more than the ones we were looking at with weekend access + park hoppers.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Seems like it's not so much a fixed amount as someone making a call on these things, it's too coincidental 3 keys "sold out" at the same minute.

I think Disney likes flipping the script to make things unpredictable. Last year the Inspire Key was on sale for 7 months and now it sold out in less than a day?

Yea very odd unless they sold so many so fast and didn’t stop the individual tiers on time when they were supposed to. They definitely want to fill those weekdays up and just keep the parks at a permanent 9/10 every day of the week every day of the year.

Touchdown

They probably introduced a lot of uncertainty into their calculations. With sales paused for so long I suspect that a decent amount of us purchased with the idea of not starting later in the year. Thats the problem with that scarcity, we have to jump as soon as it’s open because it might not be available later.

CaptinEO

So they got ya huh?
Our jobs now we realize have so many leave hours that we need to use by the end of each year that we could make a non weekend pass work and Enchant also had some Sundays so it was our winner.

They got us too. Lol. We were originally going for Believe Keys but they sold out and I was actually relieved. I tried convincing my wife the last time we bought Keys that we could get away with imagine but she wasn’t up for it and told me “imagine I leave your @$$ at home on the weekend and go alone with the kids.” This time we had no choice haha.
LOL your wife sounds hillarious! I mean on the old pass system I had everything from Socal Select all the way to Signature. At the end of the day if you can make the weekdays work the lower tier passes are still great. Those dates may have more crowds but to be honest I'm sure everyone on this board has already done everything at Disneyland.

To me having a pass is more about having a relaxing time at the park than getting everything done.

How long were you in the queue for before the keys sold out?
I’m relieved that I won’t feel the pressure to get our Believe Keys worth in visits. Not having the weekend access will limit our trips to probably about 6-8 times during the year down from 22 or so last year which is fine by me. I just drove back from Newport Beach tonight and I don’t want no parts of that drive twice a month. Is it me or are drivers getting substantially worse? Maybe I’m just getting older?
I don't like the pressure either. An ideal pass for us would be to let us go on weekends but 6-8 times total a year. The believe and inspire don't make that viable in our case.

Driving with all the construction and bad drivers like you said is a nightmare. My guess is all the construction is to be ready for the 2027 olympics.

For me it’s really just about having the option to go every once in a while and to scratch our and the kids itch. At $500 the Imagine passes are a steal. At the very least we we were going to buy the So Cal 3 day passes and this ends up being just a few hundred more than the ones we were looking at with weekend access + park hoppers.
That's a really good value and I think Disney has different tools to use to get people in the parks.

They tried the kids ticket deal, then so cal ticket deal, not enough people bit so they brought out the keys. We almost got the socal ticket but glad we waited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom