News Disneyland Magic Key Program

CaptinEO

You don't have the ability to add Genie+ to a Magic Key at a flat annual price like with MaxPass. Also, if you are an Imagine Keyholder your access to the park has been drastically reduced as now the entire month of December is blocked. Enchant Key Holders now have all Saturdays blocked and Inspire has the last two weeks of the year blocked, despite being the most expensive pass.

So it's not the same. Annual Passes were never as expensive or restrictive as they are today.

The value of a Magic Key has been drastically reduced, while the prices are the highest they've ever been.
This also doesn't take into account the cutbacks the parks have had, especially in 2018 to staffing in restaurants, parking lots, entertainment, maintenance, bad show, food portions, etc.

Value has degraded in many ways even beyond pricing.

The amount of breakdowns in the few visits I have had post pandemic have been borderline absurd. Menus of most sit down places were butchered, food quality and portion sizes are much worse.

To me a company can't have it both ways. Either raise prices or reduce the experience, but when you do both I just feel swindled.

shambolicdefending

My point is the magic key is pretty equal in value to park tickets. Yes park reservations are annoying, but that applies to all guests. Yes FastPass used to be included…. But that applies to all guests. Yes prices have gone up….
If you live within reasonable driving distance of Anaheim, then yes, the MKs can still provide a generally better value than day tickets. Although that gap has slowly been narrowing.

Wendy Pleakley

huh? You’ve always had to make multiple trips to make an AP make sense.

Many years ago I did an extended stay in Anaheim, and visited Disneyland daily over a week and a bit, maybe 9-11 times? The pass was worth it for that one trip.

Granted, that's an anomaly, but that pass would have been worth it for just 2 5-day trips. Passes were really underpriced back then so I think they've gotten closer to being priced at what they're worth.

TrainsOfDisney

Many years ago I did an extended stay in Anaheim, and visited Disneyland daily over a week and a bit, maybe 9-11 times? The pass was worth it for that one trip.

Granted, that's an anomaly, but that pass would have been worth it for just 2 5-day trips. Passes were really underpriced back then so I think they've gotten closer to being priced at what they're worth.
Believe key = $1099
2 x 5 day park hopper tickets = $950

It’s still pretty close. Also…. Extended stay trips at Disneyland are the best! Throw in a day at Knotts and a train ride down to San Diego and I can easily spend a couple weeks there!

shambolicdefending

huh? You’ve always had to make multiple trips to make an AP make sense.
Yes, that's my point. Very few people in your position (living a four-hour flight away) have the time, means, or desire to take multiple multi-day visits to Disneyland in a year.

You are in a very small (and likely shrinking) subset of MK holders if you fit that description.

CaptinEO

I'm betting that at the end of the month we will have Magic Keys back on sale due to:

1) It being the week MKs first went on sale in 2021 and they will have some non-renewals
2) The Magic Key Lawsuit settlement deadline is August 31

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Update on the upcoming deadline in the Magic Key lawsuit.

Settlement? Meaning this wasn't pitched out of court as a quack lawsuit that most said it would be? How can this be? Disney has tons of crack litigators to crush such trivial lawsuits. OK, I don't really know that, but it was what I was told by multiple posters.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Settlement? Meaning this wasn't pitched out of court as a quack lawsuit that most said it would be? How can this be? Disney has tons of crack litigators to crush such trivial lawsuits. OK, I don't really know that, but it was what I was told by multiple posters.
Disney’s lawyers to Bob Chapek on their privileged phone call after they got sued:
Jim Carrey Stop Breaking The Law Asshole GIF by Jerology

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.

MarvelCharacterNerd

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is the proposed settlement in the Magic Key lawsuit.

The sticking point wasn't that there were full reservation days, but that the APers' "bucket" was "full" and didn't allow any more AP reservations while the day-ticket "bucket" wasn't full and allowed non-APers to buy their way into the park while the APers were blocked from doing so.

The complaint had no argument against being blocked from reservations as long as everyone else was also blocked and the park was indeed at full capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom