News Disneyland Magic Key Program

mickEblu

Just out of curiosity since I’m not local and won’t ever go enough to warrant this kind of purchase, but I’m confused on the reservations you can hold at one time. Is that within a certain time frame? And what if you keep showing availability day after day can you just keep making a reservation and go every day if you wanted and that’s considered within your rights to do so long as you’re not blocked?

I didn’t see the timeframe listed anywhere. With the old flex pass you could reserve days 30 days out. For Saturday’s you sometimes had to book the day they became available. I’m not sure if the higher tiered passes can book 90 days out etc.

As to your other question I’m assuming you can only reserve days if you have reservations available. So if your pass gives you 6 days and you ve booked 6 reservations you can’t book another one until you cancel one reservation or use one. But yes you could keep going everyday as long as there is availability and you haven’t maxed out your reservations.

DrAlice

Just out of curiosity since I’m not local and won’t ever go enough to warrant this kind of purchase, but I’m confused on the reservations you can hold at one time. Is that within a certain time frame? And what if you keep showing availability day after day can you just keep making a reservation and go every day if you wanted and that’s considered within your rights to do so long as you’re not blocked?
Yes, if I understand correctly. For example: If I have 6 days reserved next week, I can go home after the first day's use and reserve another day. At least, that's how I read it.

SoCalDisneyLover

The calendar is open for up to 90 days from the current date.

In regards to your question, if you are not blocked, and you can have 4 reservations, today, you could make a reservation for 8/4, 8/5, 8/6 & 8/7. Once you've entered the park on 8/4, you could then make a reservation for 8/8, so long as it's available. Yes, you could keep doing that every day, until you run into either a blocked day, or a day with no reservations available.

mickEblu

The calendar is open for up to 90 days from the current date.

In regards to your question, if you are not blocked, and you can have 4 reservations, today, you could make a reservation for 8/4, 8/5, 8/6 & 8/7. Once you've entered the park on 8/4, you could then make a reservation for 8/8, so long as it's available. Yes, you could keep doing that every day, until you run into either a blocked day, or a day with no reservations available.

Lower tier keys (God that’s going to take getting used to) can book 90 days out too?

mickEblu

Thanks for the explanations guys! That’s interesting.
I’m guessing days will basically never be sold out for day guest or multi day ticket holders, but will block out fairly quickly for Keyholes.
Sorry, I won’t say that again. Had to do it just once. It’s out of my system now. 🤣

Lol you better copyright that now! You said it first

SplashGhost

I just did the math and you have to pay for parking 36 times to make up for the difference in price between the Believe and Dream Keys. This is hoping that parking stays at 25 dollars, so the half price parking will be 12.50 with the Believe Keys. I feel like the Believe Key is definitely the one that would work best for me if I decide to get a Magic Key.

I am skeptical about getting a Key right away since I fear for the reservation system, and I am also a little worried they will introduce something like DLP's Premier Access system in the near future. The fact you have to wait till 1PM to Park Hop is just stupid, and I don't get how that controls crowds or makes things better for anyone.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Literally right now you can get a PH and enter DCA first and then go to DL. I think people forget there are still going to be a ton of down days once the fall and winter hits. It won't be exactly like before but yes it will probably be plenty of open days once capacity is back up and non-peak times come around.
Maybe, maybe not. You're looking at it today where there are no "Keys" in the parks. When the program launches I suspect a lot of that reservation capacity will be eaten up leading to complaints of not being able to get reservations. So this idea that you'll be able to go anytime if you have a "Key" just like the old AP system is I think a little shortsighted.

We'll see how it turns out, but I suspect its not going to be as easy as you think.

DrAlice

The fact you have to wait till 1PM to Park Hop is just stupid, and I don't get how that controls crowds or makes things better for anyone.
It lets them know how much staff they need in the morning. Otherwise, when Disneyland reservations run out, ppl will just reserve DCA and jump over immediately. Remember, reservations aren't for us, they're for Disney. I don't think they are going to go away. Ever. I think this is that "new normal" everyone keeps talking about.

mickEblu

I just did the math and you have to pay for parking 36 times to make up for the difference in price between the Believe and Dream Keys. This is hoping that parking stays at 25 dollars, so the half price parking will be 12.50 with the Believe Keys. I feel like the Believe Key is definitely the one that would work best for me if I decide to get a Magic Key.

I am skeptical about getting a Key right away since I fear for the reservation system, and I am also a little worried they will introduce something like DLP's Premier Access system in the near future. The fact you have to wait till 1PM to Park Hop is just stupid, and I don't get how that controls crowds or makes things better for anyone.

True but you can make up the rest in extra discounts. So l let’s say you go to the park 20x that = $250. So you’re only $200 off which I think you can easily get to in 20 visits at the park if you’re staying all day, eating there and buying merch. So even if you break even I think it’s worth it for the convenience and extra accessibility even if just for one person in the family.

fctiger

Maybe, maybe not. You're looking at it today where there are no "Keys" in the parks. When the program launches I suspect a lot of that reservation capacity will be eaten up leading to complaints of not being able to get reservations. So this idea that you'll be able to go anytime if you have a "Key" just like the old AP system is I think a little shortsighted.

We'll see how it turns out, but I suspect its not going to be as easy as you think.

No you're right. It could definitely change the dynamics fast. But AS usual it's always a lot of gloom and doom here lol. If people are really that afraid the reservations are going to be snatched up every day beginning at 1 a.m. then yeah the best thing to do is just wait a few months and see how it goes.

That's sort of my stance for the last 20 years lol. It's never failed me yet. ;)

fctiger

The ONLY thing I'm really disappointed about is the parking. I don't have an issue it's not included with the other passes but they should have at least the option to buy a parking pass. Every theme park with an AP has that option (ie every theme park lol) and Disney USE to previously. Maybe if not complain that will happen, but that's really the only real minus for me overall.

fctiger

It lets them know how much staff they need in the morning. Otherwise, when Disneyland reservations run out, ppl will just reserve DCA and jump over immediately. Remember, reservations aren't for us, they're for Disney. I don't think they are going to go away. Ever. I think this is that "new normal" everyone keeps talking about.

Thats also the beauty of these reservations systems (for Disney), its forcing more people to go to DCA, even if for just a few hours. And since you can't park hop until 1 p.m., it keeps you there all morning assuming you show up at opening. So both parks stay relatively busy, at least the opening hours.

But yes if you're going after 1 p.m., you can just sign up for DCA, go through the turnstyle and then go right back to DL. Many people will probably be doing this. I'm guessing many do it now if your original intention was to go to DL first.

Parteecia

1. Dream key: can you use free parking on non-rez day for DtD?

2. Friend's mother has medical issues. Can you cancel last minute? If not, will they accept a doctor's note?

fctiger

1. Dream key: can you use free parking on non-rez day for DtD?

2. Friend's mother has medical issues. Can you cancel last minute? If not, will they accept a doctor's note?

1. I don't know the answer to that, but my GUESS is it would done like the old system was done (and come to think of it I don't know how that was done either lol).

2. You can cancel up to 11:59 p.m. the day before. But even if you don't or its a real emergency they will let you do it three times without cancelling in a 90 day period without penalty. And even then if you do it a fourth time, all it means is they won't let you make another reservation for another 30 days. You don't lose your AP or anything.

SSG

Disney is missing a synergy trick by not having a Low Key tier.

Tom Hiddleston Thor GIF by Marvel Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The ONLY thing I'm really disappointed about is the parking. I don't have an issue it's not included with the other passes but they should have at least the option to buy a parking pass. Every theme park with an AP has that option (ie every theme park lol) and Disney USE to previously. Maybe if not complain that will happen, but that's really the only real minus for me overall.
How much is parking now at DL?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom