News Disneyland Forever returning June 7; Mickey's Mix Magic to end daily run June 6

Disney Analyst

And the 60th B Roll is back up on DL's News Site! LOL! This should be interesting how Forever deals without Castle or Fantasyland pyro. That played a big part with the theme song, Nemo with fire, Let It Go...

CAN'T WAIT FOR Kiss Goodnight after DL Forever!!!!!

Is castle pyro gone? I thought it would come back after the refurb?

Disney Analyst

Wasn't there a MC article a month into Mix Magic that said that DL wants to keep Fantasyand open so the low pyro is gone and that Believe had to be reworked this Christmas?

I thought we had decided that was a bad rumour? I guess we find out tonight.

Edit: it takes some zooming in on bioreconstructs photo but the pyro boxes are still on the roofs.

19969D5D-7B52-4181-923B-7F133C5DA614.jpeg

Last edited:

Emmanuel

DL Forever had a delay due to technical difficulties but were able to do it. Watched a live from Twitter. "Live the Magic" is the only exit song now. Kiss Goodnight no longer plays after the show.

iMax

Watched a live stream, it was so great to see the show return, BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CUT OUT KISS GOODNIGHT!!

180º

DL Forever had a delay due to technical difficulties but were able to do it. Watched a live from Twitter. "Live the Magic" is the only exit song now. Kiss Goodnight no longer plays after the show.
The “Live the Magic” ballad is also a great exit song.

Tbh, Kiss Goodnight is a treasure and should be played every single night at park closing under all circumstances.

Emmanuel

Saw some public snaps of the show from the Rivers of America. They’re using all Fantasmic equipment for the show and not just the mist screen and projections on them

jrhwdw

NO KISS GOODNIGHT IS DISAPPOINTING!!!!!! I wonder why DL didn't want that back???

However, I hate to admit this but I rather have the Fantasyland/Castle pyro(which came back THANK GOD! This proves Mix Magic didn't destroy all the pyro.) than Kiss Goodnight.

For those who saw clips of ROA, Did ROA keep the same pyro as the 60th? Did it change? Add more?

Emmanuel

NO KISS GOODNIGHT IS DISAPPOINTING!!!!!! I wonder why DL didn't want that back???

However, I hate to admit this but I rather have the Fantasyland/Castle pyro(which came back THANK GOD! This proves Mix Magic didn't destroy all the pyro.) than Kiss Goodnight.

For those who saw clips of ROA, Did ROA keep the same pyro as the 60th? Did it change? Add more?

From the one clip I saw on Snapchat, the pyro they used for Forever at ROA was cut in favor of the new equipment brought in for F! 2.0 mainly the projections on the island itself and the new fountains. I'll be watching Forever from ROA tonight so I'll what was changed for Forever at the ROA.

Interesting enough the last time I saw DLF was at the River but the effects weren't on because F! was under refurb thanks to Galaxys Edge so this will be the first time I see the show from the river with the effects on.

TTA94

I read elsewhere that PTN is set to return soon as well? Was a slightly older post though and still no announcement by Disney.

Touchdown

I read elsewhere that PTN is set to return soon as well? Was a slightly older post though and still no announcement by Disney.

I think it’s unlikely, the construction walls block a parade gate at DCA, so the only place it could run is DL. I would be elated if that happened, but think it highly unlikely.

jrhwdw

I think it’s unlikely, the construction walls block a parade gate at DCA, so the only place it could run is DL. I would be elated if that happened, but think it highly unlikely.
What's weird is the latest DCA Guidemap has a parade route:

Maybe something is happening quietly?

Touchdown

That would be great.

Another thought on Kiss Goodnight, maybe it was cut last night because with the show delay it was getting too close to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic and they needed to clear out the area, let’s see what happens on a night where it’s not delayed.

TTA94

What's weird is the latest DCA Guidemap has a parade route:

Considering rehearsals would need to take place I doubt that would stay quiet.

Touchdown

No goodnight kiss tonight either, still great to see this show again. I guess I’m officially an AP, I entered the parks to see the fireworks at 9:10 and am now leaving again. I would stay till close but I’ve got the first galaxys edge reservation tomorrow so I must go and sleep fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom