News Disneyland Forever returning June 7; Mickey's Mix Magic to end daily run June 6

Ismael Flores

Mix Magic looks great and is amazing for the people standing in the small area called Main street. Otherwise the effects just aren't as saturated. I don't even think there is snow around the hub. I think they picked Forever because unlike RDCT they can blast the music in SWGE without projections and the pyro heavy show will carry itself. RDCT is too hub centric IMHO for the crowds that they are predicting.

they do have snow around the hub but its true about it being to hub centric.

180º

This morning’s MiceChat update has this to say:

“For those who didn’t spend time at the resort during the (seemingly endless) 60th Anniversary celebration, Forever wasn’t that popular of a show near the end of its run. And the buzz on Mix Magic was better than the reaction to Forever.”

They’re joking, right? We’ve been pretty cold on Mix Magic since it was announced. Forever drew huge crowds. Am I missing something or is this revisionist history?

Disney Analyst

“For those who didn’t spend time at the resort during the (seemingly endless) 60th Anniversary celebration, Forever wasn’t that popular of a show near the end of its run. And the buzz on Mix Magic was better than the reaction to Forever.”

They’re joking, right? We’ve been pretty cold on Mix Magic since it was announced. Forever drew huge crowds. Am I missing something or is this revisionist history?

Yeah I’m pretty sure Forever was pretty much as packed as any fireworks show? Mix Magic, not so much.

oo_nrb

I went to Main Street for the second to last showing of Disneyland Forever, and I waited 45 minutes for a mediocre side view down near the Emporium. Forever was absolutely popular right up until the end. The only thing that may have diminished its luster was performing nightly for 18 months.

VJ

Original Poster

time to add micechat up there with the disboards

SuddenStorm

time to add micechat up there with the disboards

Wait, it's just now time too? I've learned to disregard their commentary years ago... I go there for the mediocre weekly photos of the construction walls now.

Heck, they Disneyland is having the most change it's had in decades, yet they aren't delivering any kind of news or rumors like they did in the days of old... now they're simply reporting the same dribble everyone else is days later than everyone else.

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 9.25.53 AM.png

This was added on the shows Wikipedia page and obviously the info should be taken with a grain of salt until the show returns next month.

The first bullet point I'm sure will happen since the addition of projections on the island, lasers and fountains at the Rivers of America for fireworks shows have made the area an attractive place to watch fireworks from. DL Forever at the Rivers of America did use additional pyro on the island but likely will be eliminated in favor of increased use of F!s equipment.

The 2nd one I'm not sure if the existing soundtrack would be modified to match the "Live the Magic" version in Tokyo as seen in the video that recently debuted called "Light the Night" which is a show shared by both parks surprisingly.

VJ

Original Poster
View attachment 369347

This was added on the shows Wikipedia page and obviously the info should be taken with a grain of salt until the show returns next month.

The first bullet point I'm sure will happen since the addition of projections on the island, lasers and fountains at the Rivers of America for fireworks shows have made the area an attractive place to watch fireworks from. DL Forever at the Rivers of America did use additional pyro on the island but likely will be eliminated in favor of increased use of F!s equipment.

The 2nd one I'm not sure if the existing soundtrack would be modified to match the "Live the Magic" version in Tokyo as seen in the video that recently debuted called "Light the Night" which is a show shared by both parks surprisingly.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. ;)

TrainsOfDisney

For what it’s worth, I literally picked my Star Wars reservation until after forever is playing, I have no desire to see Mix Magic ever. I have lots of desire to see Disneyland Forever again (and I saw it several times during the 60th run).

How were the Pixar fireworks? I didn’t get to see that show last year (although I did see them test it on one of my visits).

TrainsOfDisney

Good to know I didn’t miss anything too special. Remember, Magical, and Forever are all great shows to me. I love all the park music in Remember, so that one might be my favorite.... but all 3 are so good.

Emmanuel

For what it’s worth, I literally picked my Star Wars reservation until after forever is playing, I have no desire to see Mix Magic ever. I have lots of desire to see Disneyland Forever again (and I saw it several times during the 60th run).

How were the Pixar fireworks? I didn’t get to see that show last year (although I did see them test it on one of my visits).

The Pixar Fireworks were easily forgettable. Only saw it once on my birthday following Fantasmic last July during the entire Pixar Fest. Pretty to look at but not good enough to watch again in person

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
The Pixar fireworks show was enjoyable. Loved Buzz and the Up house flying over the castle and the Coco segment was a lot of fun. The finale was impressive too, I don't think Disneyland has had such a long finale for a firework show save for New Years.

I saw it a handful of times and the inpark audience really seemed to enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom