News Disneyland Forever returning June 7; Mickey's Mix Magic to end daily run June 6

Disneylover152

I liked the Pixar fireworks show. Is it the best Disneyland fireworks show? Not at all. But it was fun, had cool practical effects (buzz, up, coco) and even had a few emotional parts in it. It was definitely a show that was created as temporary, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

It was fun, but I do got to agree that its a one and done show. I don't think people are going to remember or care about it in 10 years.

MTBaymax

The first bullet point I'm sure will happen since the addition of projections on the island, lasers and fountains at the Rivers of America for fireworks shows have made the area an attractive place to watch fireworks from. DL Forever at the Rivers of America did use additional pyro on the island but likely will be eliminated in favor of increased use of F!s equipment.

My main thing is, the projections. Updating the content of them somewhat? If not, I hope the other infrastructure updates take. I mentioned that by the time Together Forever premiered, ROA became a stronger viewing point for the show. It’s only because I believe they treated it as an afterthought when they were developing Forever.

The 2nd one I'm not sure if the existing soundtrack would be modified to match the "Live the Magic" version in Tokyo as seen in the video that recently debuted called "Light the Night" which is a show shared by both parks surprisingly.

Not the first show in both parks, nor the last. Their centralized launch point has allowed simultaneous fireworks shows for years there.

MTBaymax

As far as modified music, unlikely. The show originally clocked in at 20 minutes, but obviously felt the cuts, especially in the finale. I personally wish “Turn on your light / come on and live the magic” would be restored to the intro segment, and that instrumental buildup before the building dance restored to the finale.

EDIT: I know the Wiki referred to the exit music, I just needed to get my desire out there.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

As far as modified music, unlikely. The show originally clocked in at 20 minutes, but obviously felt the cuts, especially in the finale. I personally wish “Turn on your light / come on and live the magic” would be restored to the intro segment, and that instrumental buildup before the building dance restored to the finale.

EDIT: I know the Wiki referred to the exit music, I just needed to get my desire out there.
Are you talking about when DL Forever was going through testing before the 60th started? I think I heard a longer finale on the first testing video on YT. Or TDR's Disney Light The Night which is just a 5 min Resort Fireworks Show? Are there cuts coming to DL Forever before it comes back in June?

Darkbeer1

Just learned that Disney was given permission by the city to add some fireworks shows this month and next, including past 10 PM. Sounds like for Media events, and special parties. Also for testing for the Summer show. Maybe also low level at DCA for grad nights.

The request called for "Spontaneous" shows, meaning all the dates were not set, and allows Disney to do up to the maximum shows in the approved request. Sorry, but couldn't get that number.

Last edited:

nevol

Just learned that Disney was given permission by the city to add some fireworks shows this month and next, including past 10 PM. Sounds like for Media events, and special parties. Also for testing for the Summer show. Maybe also low level at DCA for grad nights.

The request called for "Spontaneous" shows, meaning all the dates were not set, and allows Disney to do up to the maximum shows in the approved request. Sorry, but couldn't get that number.
I was looking to go this week, Monday may 6, but will be there the 8th instead, and was surprised to see that mix magic will have fireworks each of those nights.

MTBaymax

Are you talking about when DL Forever was going through testing before the 60th started? I think I heard a longer finale on the first testing video on YT. Or TDR's Disney Light The Night which is just a 5 min Resort Fireworks Show? Are there cuts coming to DL Forever before it comes back in June?
Testing phase. The show is still listed as 14 minutes, so I’m hoping nothing further than that.
Also, 5:50.

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 11.02.36 AM.png

Remember Dreams Come True no longer on this page on the DLR website and its own page is no longer accessible though it still shows up in the search results and if you go to the entertainment list and go to "Schedule Unavailable"

MTBaymax

View attachment 378838

Remember Dreams Come True no longer on this page on the DLR website and its own page is no longer accessible though it still shows up in the search results and if you go to the entertainment list and go to "Schedule Unavailable"
It’s been that way for the last few days. Meanwhile, they still haven’t created a page for Forever yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom