Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

Disney Analyst

I think the dragon is toast. Done forever. I think that they will replace it with a florida "put a head and some wings on a piece of construction equipment and call it a day" dragon

I really hope not. While I’m sure they have the old dragon in storage somewhere, the full size dragon Disneyland got was a huge upgrade. My hope is they’ll build something new and better again.

TP2000

Knowing that no one was injured as I watched this... I had to giggle at the snappy banjo music playing as Fantasmic! burned itself out for the next few months. :cool:

What's the fireworks show running now? I've lost track. Mickey's Mix Magic Disney100 Dream Machine Of Wonder? Or something? That will have to do for now for nighttime entertainment.

Too bad they never created a new night parade to replace the 50 year old Electrical Parade after it's third or fourth return from the dead after 1996. A night parade using LED's could be fun.

They could even do some floats with the popular Pixar stuff that came out since Bill Clinton left office.

Last edited:

TP2000

Local news in SoCal is on it, but we'll need to wait for daylight to get more details and see the real damage done.

I imagine Tom Sawyer Island will be closed for at least a day or two, then the southern tip of the island will be off limits for awhile longer.

Fantasmic! is toast for now. Until they can restage a different finale' scene without the dragon, which may take weeks. I would imagine the dragon won't return for months, or at least through this summer.

TP2000

One good aspect of not being able to sleep after accepting the second cup of Irish Coffee from your party host is that you get this kind of late night fun! And you can learn something...

Tonight I learned that the Fantasmic! dragon is obviously powered by highly flammable pressurized hydraulic fluid, instead of electric motors.

jrhwdw

F! Is still scheduled on DL"s MDE for tonight, Shocking......... I would have thought F! Would be wiped from MDE by now.......

Last edited by a moderator:

spectrodanny

Everything I've read says that the only injury was "Murphy" the dragon, She got that nickname from "Murphy's Law" amything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong. The codename stems from her 3-month delay in succeeding her predecessor in 2009

Movielover

Respect.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom