Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

Californian Elitist

That's a good call, the footage is disturbing. And in no small part because of the behavior of some guests who clearly saw something was wrong and decided to make a show of it rather than evacuate the area.

Like . . . this isn't a stand-up special, what was happening was dangerous. Use your common sense, listen to the Cast Members, skip the one-liners, and get away!
I agree. Safety is everything. I understand the initial shock that occurs when something like this happens, but leaving and finding safety should be one’s immediate action after the shock.

My own place of work had an incident with a fire right before the weekend started. The fire alarm went off and I couldn’t tell if it was a drill or an alarm. Still, I started packing my things, and then I almost immediately smelled smoke. I put a pep in my step and got out of there quickly.

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyone know what the steamboat would do in this case? By this point in the show, it's already on its way towards the viewing area/stage.

Would it just go in reverse because all the CMs on the boat would be stranded otherwise on the river.

Also the flying carpet is stored underneath the stage, so I wonder if that got damaged as well and would need repairs or a full replacement. That's if the stage collapsed as reported.

Magenta Panther

I'll say it again...the wrath of Walt...
And again, I ask...didn't Iger brag some time ago on a conference call that he'd cut the budget for Maintenance...?

ProjectXBlog

3C642515-F800-401B-AB6B-A64F5F247B11.jpeg

RIP Murphy

Lilofan

Fantasmic! Is actually my favorite Disney nighttime spectacular ever. I would be pretty upset if it never came back, WDW is my home park and I have never had the pleasure of seeing Disneyland’s Fantasmic! Something I was hoping to fix this summer…
Cannot imagine what the guest reaction would be at DHS. 8K guests in full theatre only one exit to get out.

gerarar

Premium Member
Lift must still work, as they clearly lowered it down to try and hide most the dragon.
Isn't that video showing the base that attaches to the dragon AA? Looks like they literally just ripped whatever was left of the dragon off the metal base.

From that it tells me the lift is still in its position from last night and they're working on putting it behind a scrim.

Edit close up shots show the upper part of the dragon sticking out including the crisped head.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom