Disneyland Dubai (Open Brainstorm)

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
FANTASY SPRINGS
disneysea-expansion-1024x512.jpeg

Following the magical visit to the castle of Agrabah, we arrive to another fantasy themed land, an exact clone (minus the hotel), of the land that changed it all, the land that made Disney consider a new type of land, one that is fully immersive, and highly themed. However there were some slight modifications as of the layout of the land. For example, now Neverland is in the left side, so the transition from Pirates to Peter Pan will be natural. The other entrances of the land, will be by leaving the castle, and Frozen being connected to another Snowy Classic! After the expansion, Tangled will also be connected to a thematically appropriate land.

The Peter Pan area, will include a Hybrid ride that transitions from a boat ride into a suspended Dark Ride, it will have state of the art animatronics, as well as some amazing special effects. This area will also have a Pixie Hollow themed Whip Ride, which will surely be fun for all the family!

Up next is the Frozen area, that includes one of the most impressive boat rides ever designed by Disney Imagineering! It will immerse guests into a fun and chill adventure that follow two sisters in a musical extravaganza!

And lastly, this land, will have a Tangled Gondola Boat Ride, which will count with impressive effects, and a charming story, that will surely be a fan favorite!

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
As I mentioned earlier, the last fantasy section, is the one that is less polished of all, so I would like to say the basic ideas and from there see what works and what doesn't.

My idea is for it to be called European Gardens, and to have three main areas. One based on the Matterhorn, so a nice Alpine village to transition from Frozen, Matterhorn would be plussed, so it would become something between Matterhorn and Expedition Everest. Then, we will have a Winnie the Pooh Area, however, I'm not sure of what attraction it should have, I'm torn between creating something new for Pooh, like the Log Flume Ride, that I have read been proposed in here, or Hunny Hunt. And finally a Wonderland area, with a flat ride (Teacups? Something new?) and a Trackless Dark Ride. What do you think? Things that don't work, that could be different?

Evilgidgit

I like the idea for an Alpine village. Perhaps tie its story directly in two both the mountain and maybe have minor transitional story links to Arendelle too. Expedition Everest is basically a plussed version of Matterhorn already, so how would you make it different? Perhaps make a bigger Matterhorn with the bobsleds and the yeti (Henry?) have a more integral role to the story. This might be a good place to include the travelling international circus ideas featuring Dumbo and Pinocchio.

I'm not entirely sure how an Alpine village would transfer to the 100 Acre Wood. I would like to see a new dark ride, perhaps based on the 2011 Pooh film or Pooh's Grand Adventure rather than doing another ride based on the classic film. Perhaps also add in a secondary honey pot spinner. The Teacups are a requirement for Alice by non-existent law! I'd also like to see a hedge maze too.

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
I like the idea for an Alpine village. Perhaps tie its story directly in two both the mountain and maybe have minor transitional story links to Arendelle too. Expedition Everest is basically a plussed version of Matterhorn already, so how would you make it different? Perhaps make a bigger Matterhorn with the bobsleds and the yeti (Henry?) have a more integral role to the story. This might be a good place to include the travelling international circus ideas featuring Dumbo and Pinocchio.

I'm not entirely sure how an Alpine village would transfer to the 100 Acre Wood. I would like to see a new dark ride, perhaps based on the 2011 Pooh film or Pooh's Grand Adventure rather than doing another ride based on the classic film. Perhaps also add in a secondary honey pot spinner. The Teacups are a requirement for Alice by non-existent law! I'd also like to see a hedge maze too.
I agree, that’s my idea, bigger and more thrilling, and also giving Harold a bigger role into the attraction. And I agree that Pinocchio, and Dumbo would be an interesting fit here, however I was considering saving them for DisneyCenter, as I think that could be a near area for a Cirque du Soleil Show?

I was thinking that the transition into 100 Acre Tree, could be through a dense forest at the base of Matterhorn? And I like the idea of a new take on the classic Pooh Ride. And for Wonderland I agree, Teacups, and maybe make the Maze part of a Virtual Queue type of thing? Maybe we can make the Alice be a different type of ride? Like maybe a Log Flume? Or maybe we can save Log Flume for an Avatar attraction?

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
I agree, that’s my idea, bigger and more thrilling, and also giving Harold a bigger role into the attraction. And I agree that Pinocchio, and Dumbo would be an interesting fit here, however I was considering saving them for DisneyCenter, as I think that could be a near area for a Cirque du Soleil Show?

I was thinking that the transition into 100 Acre Tree, could be through a dense forest at the base of Matterhorn? And I like the idea of a new take on the classic Pooh Ride. And for Wonderland I agree, Teacups, and maybe make the Maze part of a Virtual Queue type of thing? Maybe we can make the Alice be a different type of ride? Like maybe a Log Flume? Or maybe we can save Log Flume for an Avatar attraction?
@spacemt354 @S.P.E.W @FireMountain thoughts?

Disney Dad 3000

You could embrace the cold/snow of Matterhorn to 100 acre wood transition as a snowy 100 acre wood or at least attraction for a new take? The House at pooh corner has a cute Pooh snow song you could use in the ride.

spacemt354

Chili's
I really like Disney Dad's idea about the snow-capped 100 Acre Wood - would be very different
108415895_winnie_the_pooh_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqtwBXkZaN6uD_MQfk8bGE-WBD2SmpBCyRbmhhLM6g_bI.jpg

I've always thought Wonderland was tough to transition in and out of because of how different it is (if you went the Wonderland route) from the rest of Fantasyland. So maybe something beyond a brim and separate could work for that....but having snowy tree-tops at the valley near Matterhorn is pretty cool thematically!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
You could embrace the cold/snow of Matterhorn to 100 acre wood transition as a snowy 100 acre wood or at least attraction for a new take? The House at pooh corner has a cute Pooh snow song you could use in the ride.
I love the idea of a wintery Pooh area! I really don't know how to transition from Pooh to Wonderland. Transitioning in and out of snowy areas and in and out if wonderland are always two issues I've always had trouble with.

Maybe just have a tunnel through the side of a hill (like the rabbit hole in the English Countryside) with the 100 Acre Woods representing that English Countryside. Just do a full separation of the areas.

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
I really like Disney Dad's idea about the snow-capped 100 Acre Wood - would be very different
108415895_winnie_the_pooh_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqtwBXkZaN6uD_MQfk8bGE-WBD2SmpBCyRbmhhLM6g_bI.jpg

I've always thought Wonderland was tough to transition in and out of because of how different it is (if you went the Wonderland route) from the rest of Fantasyland. So maybe something beyond a brim and separate could work for that....but having snowy tree-tops at the valley near Matterhorn is pretty cool thematically!
I love the idea of a wintery Pooh area! I really don't know how to transition from Pooh to Wonderland. Transitioning in and out of snowy areas and in and out if wonderland are always two issues I've always had trouble with.

Maybe just have a tunnel through the side of a hill (like the rabbit hole in the English Countryside) with the 100 Acre Woods representing that English Countryside. Just do a full separation of the areas.
I was thinking that the transition could potentially be a maze? You enter a Maze and that t takes you to Wonderland, there can be a tunnel at some point, and it can have the effect of whirling like when you're falling down the rabbit hole?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I was thinking that the transition could potentially be a maze? You enter a Maze and that t takes you to Wonderland, there can be a tunnel at some point, and it can have the effect of whirling like when you're falling down the rabbit hole?
That would be cool! For crowd flow reasons, I'd make sure there's at least one way in and out that isn't the maze. But the maze entrance sounds so cool and unique!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom