Disneyland Dubai (Open Brainstorm)

DisneyFan18

Original Poster

Logo.png

Hello, fellow Imagineers! I'm happy to finally go public on this project, it has been in development for around 8-10 months, originally it was going to be a 4 park resort, however with time it evolved into something more, something more centered, something I'm quite proud of, and I couldn't have gotten this far without the help of @spacemt354 as he has been giving me his opinion since the very beginning! I'm developing this project in three phases: Brainstorm, where I'll discuss the ideas I have so far, read your feedback, in order to improve it; then I'll post the first version of Disneyland Dubai, the realistic approach, which will be crafted to become something Disney could create, something relatively small but highly immersive; and finally, the Dream Version, a mega park based on some of the concepts of realistic approach, but transformed into something I want to develop, something bigger, and extremely fun!

Without further due, I introduce you to Disneyland Dubai, a brand new Disney Park that is set to be the most immersive, and become the model for new resorts across the globe! The whole concept was inspired by Tokyo DisneySea's upcoming expansion, as it helped me nail down the park, I intended to develop a Theme Park based on highly immersive lands, however a lot of highly immersive lands simply didn't work, one IP/Non-IP inspired land is way too expensive, and you would have to build a lot to create a fully functional one; therefore this park lands will be highly immersive, and have a cohesive theme that united three areas, both aesthetically and narratively, each of the areas will be dedicated to an IP/Non-IP attraction, similar to TDS's expansion, each will have 3 major attractions, and a minor one, as well as walkthrough experiences, dining venues, and shopping options!

On the long run, my project will have three entries:

Disneyland Dubai: A new model of Castle Park, designed around highly immersive IPs, with 3 areas each. The realistic approach, which we will be analyzing firstly, will be around 60ha, and it will have 8 lands, each being around 7ha, as the TDS's expansion is 10ha including a hotel, so I narrowed it down to that. The 8 lands will be divided in 4 sections: Adventure, Hub, Sci-Fi, & Fantasy.

DisneyCenter: A new type of Second Gate, this will not only serve as Dubai's Disney Springs, but also as a complementary experience to the Castle Park, as it will have highly themed Shopping Districts, that include small scale attractions, such as Flat Rides, Escape Rooms, and Interactive Experiences. Guests will be able to enter this park for free, however, in order to access the attractions, they'll have to pay for one of the different plans, that go from just one attraction to all the themed experiences, it will work similarly to how Disneyland used to work many years ago (the Ticket Category you pay for).

Universal Studios Dubai: Comcast & Disney are in a constant battle to see who's the best, therefore, once Universal learnt that Disney was building a theme park in Dubai, they decided to move forward with the plans they had on hold, and create one of their most unique and themed offerings as of yet!

As a final note, I'll be taking full creative liberties, and ignore any licensing problems that might exists with some IPs, although in the realistic version, it might be minimal, if at all, however in the Dream Version, I'll be using IPs (specially in Universal), that might already be present at another Theme Park in Dubai! Any thoughts so far? I would like to hear general thoughts, before moving forward and talking about the first land within the realistic approach, Walt Avenue.​

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
So which Disney park is getting Marvel, Star Wars, and Fox?
Disneyland Dubai will be getting attractions themed to Lucasfilm, Marvel, and Fox. However, the Fox representation will be minimal. DisneyCenter, is getting more simple attractions, so there will not be many representation of any of the three IPs, although, I'll try to include at least one themed experience for each. :D

Suchomimus

View attachment 292542

Hello, fellow Imagineers! I'm happy to finally go public on this project, it has been in development for around 8-10 months, originally it was going to be a 4 park resort, however with time it evolved into something more, something more centered, something I'm quite proud of, and I couldn't have gotten this far without the help of @spacemt354 as he has been giving me his opinion since the very beginning! I'm developing this project in three phases: Brainstorm, where I'll discuss the ideas I have so far, read your feedback, in order to improve it; then I'll post the first version of Disneyland Dubai, the realistic approach, which will be crafted to become something Disney could create, something relatively small but highly immersive; and finally, the Dream Version, a mega park based on some of the concepts of realistic approach, but transformed into something I want to develop, something bigger, and extremely fun!

Without further due, I introduce you to Disneyland Dubai, a brand new Disney Park that is set to be the most immersive, and become the model for new resorts across the globe! The whole concept was inspired by Tokyo DisneySea's upcoming expansion, as it helped me nail down the park, I intended to develop a Theme Park based on highly immersive lands, however a lot of highly immersive lands simply didn't work, one IP/Non-IP inspired land is way too expensive, and you would have to build a lot to create a fully functional one; therefore this park lands will be highly immersive, and have a cohesive theme that united three areas, both aesthetically and narratively, each of the areas will be dedicated to an IP/Non-IP attraction, similar to TDS's expansion, each will have 3 major attractions, and a minor one, as well as walkthrough experiences, dining venues, and shopping options!

On the long run, my project will have three entries:

Disneyland Dubai: A new model of Castle Park, designed around highly immersive IPs, with 3 areas each. The realistic approach, which we will be analyzing firstly, will be around 60ha, and it will have 8 lands, each being around 7ha, as the TDS's expansion is 10ha including a hotel, so I narrowed it down to that. The 8 lands will be divided in 4 sections: Adventure, Hub, Sci-Fi, & Fantasy.

DisneyCenter: A new type of Second Gate, this will not only serve as Dubai's Disney Springs, but also as a complementary experience to the Castle Park, as it will have highly themed Shopping Districts, that include small scale attractions, such as Flat Rides, Escape Rooms, and Interactive Experiences. Guests will be able to enter this park for free, however, in order to access the attractions, they'll have to pay for one of the different plans, that go from just one attraction to all the themed experiences, it will work similarly to how Disneyland used to work many years ago (the Ticket Category you pay for).

Universal Studios Dubai: Comcast & Disney are in a constant battle to see who's the best, therefore, once Universal learnt that Disney was building a theme park in Dubai, they decided to move forward with the plans they had on hold, and create one of their most unique and themed offerings as of yet!

As a final note, I'll be taking full creative liberties, and ignore any licensing problems that might exists with some IPs, although in the realistic version, it might be minimal, if at all, however in the Dream Version, I'll be using IPs (specially in Universal), that might already be present at another Theme Park in Dubai! Any thoughts so far? I would like to hear general thoughts, before moving forward and talking about the first land within the realistic approach, Walt Avenue.​
Universal canceled their Dubai project back in 16.

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
Universal canceled their Dubai project back in 16.
Yes, I wasn't sure if it was cancelled or simply put in hold, but within this alternate universe, Universal has fast-tracked the project after they heard that Disney was building a Theme Park there, in consequence of the constant battle to one-up each other :D

What are your thoughts of the general concept? I would like to hear them! :D

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
Also I thought this would be about; you know; Disneyland. Why not use Universal for a separate thread?
As it's park of the same project, I thought of including it in the same thread, so I wouldn't create way too many threads, however, I could create another thread just for Universal, if you think it would work best, although for practical reasons, I will keep the brainstorm for it in here, the final presentation of it, would be in an individual thread dedicated to Universal. Does that work better?

Suchomimus

Yes, I wasn't sure if it was cancelled or simply put in hold, but within this alternate universe, Universal has fast-tracked the project after they heard that Disney was building a Theme Park there, in consequence of the constant battle to one-up each other :D

What are your thoughts of the general concept? I would like to hear them! :D
A Wonderland subland for one of your two Fantasy sections.

Suchomimus

As it's park of the same project, I thought of including it in the same thread, so I wouldn't create way too many threads, however, I could create another thread just for Universal, if you think it would work best, although for practical reasons, I will keep the brainstorm for it in here, the final presentation of it, would be in an individual thread dedicated to Universal. Does that work better?
Yes

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
I got another idea that you might consider using for your sci-fi land. Baxter’s Discovery Bay
I just researched it, as I only had basic knowledge about it, and I really like it, I'll see if I can make it work, but I really like it, it's a really impressive land, in the worst case scenario I would adapt it for the Dream Version. Thanks for suggesting it!

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
Random idea, DisneyFan, one thing I’ve been thinking of a lot is Heroland, which is an expansion of the cliche Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Froteriland.

This new land could host lots of IPs from Marvel to Big Hero 6 to the Incredibles to Hercules (and probably lots more)! :)
I like the idea, I had something like that considered!

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
WALT AVENUE

b9ecaf8c755e1d7858db9758baf7a003.jpg

The First Land within Disneyland Dubai, the realistic approach, is Walt Avenue which is dedicated to honor the man who started it all, Walter Elias Disney. This land will not only serve as the entrance to the park, but it will also mark the first time the entrance (ex: Mickey Avenue or Main Street U.S.A.) will be a fully fledged land, and like the rest of the lands, it will have three themed areas. This land, like some other Castle Parks, will have a themed hotel at the entrance of the park, the name is currently undecided, but it will be a Main Street U.S.A. aesthetic. Another important note, is that his land will have a screen based roof, that will imitate the sky, and from time to time, Mickey will appear on a plane, as he's flying over the park; this will solve the heat problem, that was pointed out by space, and the nighttime show will be projected there, solving the overcrowding in the Castle.

The first area is designed to look like Main Street U.S.A. hosting a new edition of PhilharMagic, as well as a theater where the premier of a brand new Mickey Short will be debuting, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway; this area will also include a museum that represents the culture and the history showcased in Main Street, as well as the evolution of the company and the parks, additionally there will be a walkthrough experience that retells One Man’s Dream, and it might or might not include a Walt AA.

Up next is the colorful ToonTown, which can be entered by walking under a tunnel, or after exiting Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, here guests will be able to meet Mickey and his friends, as well as enjoy a new simulator set around a ToonTown Trolley driven by Roger Rabbit.

And finally there will also be an area dedicated to Mary Poppins, one of Walt’s Crown Jewels. This area will be designed to be a replicate of Cherry Tree lane, it will include an E-Ticket omnimover that will take guests on a Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins, as a Carousel turns into more than that!

An obviously this land wouldn't be complete with the Disneyland Railroad, which will take guests on a journey around the park, and have 4 stops, one in the main station, located in the heart of the hotel in Walt Avenue, then, it will make an stop in a land themed to each of the other 3 sections, once we get to those lands I will reveal it, but until then, I'll keep my lips sealed. This will also include some special sequences like the Disneyland one does, however, it still isn't decided, so if anyone has any ideas, I'll appreciate them!

Thoughts?

spacemt354

Chili's
WALT AVENUE

b9ecaf8c755e1d7858db9758baf7a003.jpg

The First Land within Disneyland Dubai, the realistic approach, is Walt Avenue which is dedicated to honor the man who started it all, Walter Elias Disney. This land will not only serve as the entrance to the park, but it will also mark the first time the entrance (ex: Mickey Avenue or Main Street U.S.A.) will be a fully fledged land, and like the rest of the lands, it will have three themed areas. This land, like some other Castle Parks, will have a themed hotel at the entrance of the park, the name is currently undecided, but it will be a Main Street U.S.A. aesthetic. Another important note, is that his land will have a screen based roof, that will imitate the sky, and from time to time, Mickey will appear on a plane, as he's flying over the park; this will solve the heat problem, that was pointed out by space, and the nighttime show will be projected there, solving the overcrowding in the Castle.

The first area is designed to look like Main Street U.S.A. hosting a new edition of PhilharMagic, as well as a theater where the premier of a brand new Mickey Short will be debuting, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway; this area will also include a museum that represents the culture and the history showcased in Main Street, as well as the evolution of the company and the parks, additionally there will be a walkthrough experience that retells One Man’s Dream, and it might or might not include a Walt AA.

Up next is the colorful ToonTown, which can be entered by walking under a tunnel, or after exiting Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, here guests will be able to meet Mickey and his friends, as well as enjoy a new simulator set around a ToonTown Trolley driven by Roger Rabbit.

And finally there will also be an area dedicated to Mary Poppins, one of Walt’s Crown Jewels. This area will be designed to be a replicate of Cherry Tree lane, it will include an E-Ticket omnimover that will take guests on a Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins, as a Carousel turns into more than that!

An obviously this land wouldn't be complete with the Disneyland Railroad, which will take guests on a journey around the park, and have 4 stops, one in the main station, located in the heart of the hotel in Walt Avenue, then, it will make an stop in a land themed to each of the other 3 sections, once we get to those lands I will reveal it, but until then, I'll keep my lips sealed. This will also include some special sequences like the Disneyland one does, however, it still isn't decided, so if anyone has any ideas, I'll appreciate them!

Thoughts?
I'll mention what I did in the PM that a climate controlled entrance due to the Dubai heat would be an interesting spin...you could change seasons even if it's based on Marceline, MO - the trees could change to fall, winter, or spring depending on the season there.

But overall an excellent starting point for the park!

DisneyFan18

Original Poster
I'll mention what I did in the PM that a climate controlled entrance due to the Dubai heat would be an interesting spin...you could change seasons even if it's based on Marceline, MO - the trees could change to fall, winter, or spring depending on the season there.

But overall an excellent starting point for the park!
I agree, I had added it in a small scale, but I like the idea of the change of seasons! Controlled environment is necessary, hopefully, in Adventure the trees will help keeping in it cool, and the Sci-Fi with lots of air conditioning as part of the athletic maybe? That would make it even more unique! Thanks!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom