News Disneyland cancels Annual Pass program

matt9112

More in this case could just be a higher quality experience with less crowds. As opposed to paying more for less options AND still having to deal with insane crowds.

Raise the prices high enough and they will come less? There is no way i see this new program having the same level of access. Theres simply too many people in socal that too be frank money isnt an object for (subjectively) i agree they want to combat crowding but building new lands would indicate they want to attract more people? I imagine something along the lines of a limited daily entrant pass. (Top tier might still say 365 days BUT you can only actually click the turnstiles 60 times) an example. I think they want to make you actually think about your visit and discourage people from just showing up because they have nothing better to do. I imagine this is what chapik means when he says AP guest spending isn't consistent. You might show up buy a starbucks lattee and ride one or two rides and bounce. That is what they aim to kill. I also would imagine tiering discounts like universal does is a no brainer. Aka most basic pass has no merch or parking etc. Or killing the discounts period making this new program entry only and selling the discounts as its own item like tables in wonderland style. Your not getting more for less period...ever. unless lower attendance is your only factor. However with max pass i dont see that really being a factor as much as it is out here in the swamp.

Jrb1979

i go to disney cause I think its a much much better than ush. I would put CA above USH as well. Screen based motion simulators make me sick, at half of universals attractions are just that lol.
I would say Knott's is a much better value then either one of them.

Mouse Trap

Huh? what do you mean wrong reasons?

Disney’s marketing and “legacy” is far superior to Universal’s. Many people want to go to Disney over Universal because they’ve been convinced over the decades that Universal is a second rate destination. Disney does a incomparable job at selling “magic”, “dreams” and “happiness” — and people are convinced Disney is the only place you can get that stuff.

Especially in Florida, it’s easy to make the argument that Universal is the superior destination, but at the end of the day Universal doesn’t have the Disney name and they don’t have 8+ princesses and nostalgia in their favor.

I as well simply like Disney because it’s Disney, not because the rides are better, the prices are better, etc., but my eyes are open enough to see Disney has been shaving value year after year, while Universal has at least held steady in the value they offer their customers.

TLDR: I’m a sucker for Disney, most people are suckers for Disney, and Universal may very well be creating better theme parks than Disney.

Last edited:

fctiger

Reading this thread again after the announcement of the APs returning has been, well...interesting! 🤣

People had allll kind of crazy (but interesting) ideas of what the new 'membership' would be like, everything from just discount tickets to giving DVC like points, etc". And at the end of the day Disney basically didn't do any of that. Even things they were sort of suggesting themselves like maybe some people will get access to only enter at a certain time of day or even a limit of long you stay in a given day which were at least interesting ideas didn't happen at all. They just literally went back to the tried and true and made reservations around them. And I'm still convinced those will go in a few years when we get to true normalcy again.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Reading this thread again after the announcement of the APs returning has been, well...interesting! 🤣

People had allll kind of crazy (but interesting) ideas of what the new 'membership' would be like, everything from just discount tickets to giving DVC like points, etc". And at the end of the day Disney basically didn't do any of that. Even things they were sort of suggesting themselves like maybe some people will get access to only enter at a certain time of day or even a limit of long you stay in a given day which were at least interesting ideas didn't happen at all. They just literally went back to the tried and true and made reservations around them. And I'm still convinced those will go in a few years when we get to true normalcy again.
A lot of people in 2020 realized they didn't "need" APs and life goes on without them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom