News Disney World's Splash Mountain closing in January 2022 for refurbishment

Stupido

Am I the only one with no issue with the upcoming boat? Mama Odie always made me giggle, and it could be something really special if they do it right. I think if they really lean into the source material, and create the kaleidoscope of colorful glass bottles hanging in the tree it has the potential to really make some killer sunsets in frontierland.

Incomudro

Let's be honest, literally zeros of people are actually offended about the theme because no one has seen the movie or could even explain what there is to be offended about.
They've been told they should be offended, and there are a good number of people who spend an unproductive portion of their lives looking to be offended.
The work has been done for those types with this ride.

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

Why would they have to close Splash during re-theme if just to prevent RR guests from looking in RR windows to see work? Just paint (inside) the windows and put lights on them to highlight "memorable" parts of Splash. It also could be interesting if lights cast shadows of moving workers or set pieces on drapings hung to protect "windows". WDW need RR to handle idle guests while Splash is closed and with smaller throughput in Tron.

James Alucobond

Ngl I like the brownish color on the base of the mountain
I also like the new color, but it's really odd that they just stopped halfway after reworking the left side. There's a very, very visible break between the original colors and the new. Additionally, I have no idea if they fixed it at the last minute, but even the briars had an issue where some of the ones in front were repainted to have more yellow-green leaves while the ones in the back were left a mintier color. Do they plan to erect scaffolding on the other side soon to continue exterior work while the ride itself remains open? It's just unprofessional if they leave it alone.

Animaniac93-98

I also like the new color, but it's really odd that they just stopped halfway after reworking the left side. There's a very, very visible break between the original colors and the new. Additionally, I have no idea if they fixed it at the last minute, but even the briars had an issue where some of the ones in front were repainted to have more yellow-green leaves while the ones in the back were left a mintier color. Do they plan to erect scaffolding on the other side soon to continue exterior work while the ride itself remains open? It's just unprofessional if they leave it alone.

DCA's Tower of Terror was completely covered in scaffolding and tarps to begin its change while still in operation.

I would not be surprised to see Disney do something similar here.

trainplane3

They really said "eh... Good enough.."

Full image:
FLaeas2XsAAtcPD

Goofnut1980

I am glad I am not the only one to see the color difference. It looks realllllly bad. Not to mention even the fake grass is different. Left is very yellow and right is very blue.

Goofnut1980

They repainted half the leaves. What more could you possibly expect?
I see that too. Why would you paint only half. This looks so bad for "show". Apparently they have abandoned all the other 4 keys and only have the new one they won't stop talking about. Inclusivity. An organization shouldn't have to point out what they are doing for being inclusive. It should just be part of the culture.

ToTBellHop

I see that too. Why would you paint only half. This looks so bad for "show". Apparently they have abandoned all the other 4 keys and only have the new one they won't stop talking about. Inclusivity. An organization shouldn't have to point out what they are doing for being inclusive. It should just be part of the culture.
I REALLY hope they will paint the rest overnight. It wouldn’t be hard to do.

Kirby86

I REALLY hope they will paint the rest overnight. It wouldn’t be hard to do.
It wouldn't have been hard to paint all of the Briar Patch in the first place. I just think they don't care. I don't even think this has to do with the retheme like some places are claiming. I'm betting Disney just dosen't want to pay the cost needed to maintain an attraction this large.

Incomudro

It wouldn't have been hard to paint all of the Briar Patch in the first place. I just think they don't care. I don't even think this has to do with the retheme like some places are claiming. I'm betting Disney just dosen't want to pay the cost needed to maintain an attraction this large.
What's far worse than this is that according to the artwork I've seen for the Tiana makeover, briars are going to remain when that conversion is done.

Midwest Elitist

What's far worse than this is that according to the artwork I've seen for the Tiana makeover, briars are going to remain when that conversion is done.
There has been like 0 thought going into this, so that's not a surprise.

Who wants to bet that the boat isn't going to make it in the final product either?

celluloid

Well said. Inclusiveness was covered if they were already following Safety and Courtesy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom