News Disney World's Splash Mountain closing in January 2022 for refurbishment

JohnD

Why refurb a ride that is shutting down and being rethemed?

Because it hasn't shut down, other than its annual refurbishment. Regardless of the debate on theme, it's currently needed to help distribute crowds. At the earliest, it won't be closed until Tron, and by extension, the railroad opens. That would be a 1-1 trade. But that's just a guess on my part.

OG Runner

Ugh, I think I'll always have nostalgia for those sleepy wintery nights working at Pecos in a very quiet Frontierland, looking out at the Splash Mountain Refurb while closing up outdoor dining rooms.

I am glad they have started delaying the refurb. It used to be whenever I came for the Marathon in January it was always closed.
This year it went down the day after the Marathon.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Because it hasn't shut down, other than its annual refurbishment. Regardless of the debate on theme, it's currently needed to help distribute crowds. At the earliest, it won't be closed until Tron, and by extension, the railroad opens. That would be a 1-1 trade. But that's just a guess on my part.
Tron got bumped to 2023, and I'd give it a year between Tron and any possible Splash closure

Midwest Elitist

Tron got bumped to 2023, and I'd give it a year between Tron and any possible Splash closure
Not sure if it would be a 1-1 trade. Tron is less capacity then Splash and the RR could possibly be closed for the retheme.

This definitely pushes it into Martin's "not this year or next year" territory but it also gives those curious Disney fans more time to actually look into the "problematic" Song of the South.

Not a good look.

tracymp

This made me laugh. We were just on it in October and while I used to love it, I swear I'm not going on it again. :D

We stopped SO MANY times. It got so ridiculous. We would stop, inch along, stop, move at a snails pace. Then finally we stopped for almost 20 minutes right going up before big drop. I was just sitting in a puddle of water from a previous splash with the lights on. It was very uncomfortable! 😂 Plus this was during Boo Bash and we lost a lot of time.

Yeah, it needs some fixin'.
We also rode it in October 2021. Several times in fact. But we didn't have any issues. We had a great time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Splash Mountain's reopening from refurbishment delayed at Walt Disney World​

Splash-Mountain_Full_46295.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom