News Disney World's Splash Mountain closing in January 2022 for refurbishment

dig311dug

While they should announce, this should come as no surprise. It closes just about every January.
not quite, but I know I should've expected it... just expected an announcement more than 33 days in advance. Would be nice for first-time noobs to know too.

ToTBellHop

I have never been so excited for a ride refurb! Any glimmer of hope is nice to have when it concerns this ride.
With each passing month, I think the odds of the PatF refurb not happening in WDW increases. But those are merely my personal thoughts. The company claims it is full-steam ahead even though this has obviously been, at minimum, delayed. DL was supposed to convert this winter and that has been postponed.

I still think it is most-likely that we lose Splash but let’s see where we are in another year.

dreday3

Have you ridden recently? It has been in awful shape since the parks reopened last year. Did it get a 2021 refurb? I feel like it had an early 2020 closure and has limped on since then.

This made me laugh. We were just on it in October and while I used to love it, I swear I'm not going on it again. :D

We stopped SO MANY times. It got so ridiculous. We would stop, inch along, stop, move at a snails pace. Then finally we stopped for almost 20 minutes right going up before big drop. I was just sitting in a puddle of water from a previous splash with the lights on. It was very uncomfortable! 😂 Plus this was during Boo Bash and we lost a lot of time.

Yeah, it needs some fixin'.

ToTBellHop

This made me laugh. We were just on it in October and while I used to love it, I swear I'm not going on it again. :D

We stopped SO MANY times. It got so ridiculous. We would stop, inch along, stop, move at a snails pace. Then finally we stopped for almost 20 minutes right going up before big drop. I was just sitting in a puddle of water from a previous splash with the lights on. It was very uncomfortable! 😂 Plus this was during Boo Bash and we lost a lot of time.

Yeah, it needs some fixin'.
If my calculations are correct, that cost you about $50 per person! They should have at least handed out Premium Bars during the 20 min stop.

mattpeto

Gut says Splash Mountain refurb is at least 2 years away from starting on either coast.

If DL goes first, we are 3 years away from Splash renovation at WDW.

tanc

there's been speculation that WDW might be the first to go under remake construction but no real evidence or statements.

all I know is that Splash constantly breaks down more than ever, it's a shadow of what it used to be. Disney just doesn't care about the maintenance and ultimately in 30+ years I have a feeling it might be rethemed once again. If they didn't maintain the ride the first time, what makes you think they'll maintain it again?

mickEblu

Do we feel safe saying that WDWs Splash will at least be open until the end of the 50th anni in Spring 2023? Disneyland guy here that would like the chance to ride WDWs once before it closes. We were thinking about a trip in Spring 23.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The longer the retheme gets delayed, the more the alleged furor over the ride is forgotten and lost to the annals of fake angry causes.

But the point that the ride is in rough shape is 100% on-point. We rode a few times back in March of this year and things were in need of TLC then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom