News Disney World's Magic Kingdom is experiencing widescale attraction closures this morning due to a bear

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm sorry but this is ecologically ignorant. It sounds great in a tree-hugging sort of way but it's wrong on the facts.

Encounters with black bears are on the rise because the black bear population is BOOMING. It's not a case of development squeezing bears into smaller areas that then bleed into human-populated communities. It's a case of agricultural land (i.e. farms) being abandoned all up and down the East Coast of the United States and returned to their natural, forested states. More forests and fewer farms means more bears.
It is also interesting to note that the magic kingdom has been in that spot specifically for 52 years and the bear did not know a life before it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is also interesting to note that the magic kingdom has been in that spot specifically for 52 years and the bear did not know a life before it.
You’re not actually blaming a bear, are you?

It is what it is…
I’ll be sure to have a big bowl of “Dust-e-oos” for breakfast tomorrow 🥣

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
You’re not actually blaming a bear, are you?

It is what it is…
I’ll be sure to have a big bowl of “Dust-e-oos” for breakfast tomorrow 🥣
Well like no one else like put the bear there. Blame is a weird word here though. It’s just nature. Rain gets me wet, and then it’s true that it’s the rain’s fault that I’m wet, but also I don’t blame the rain for getting me wet.

ocean biology GIF

Disney Analyst

The bear took Roy’s speech to heart, and I don’t blame them. Hope they enjoyed their vacation.

They should start up charging the tranquilizer and carry out experience, some of us need it after a day in the parks.

“May Walt Disney World bring joy and inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place … a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn – together.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom