News Disney World theme park tickets increase in price for 2025

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Room-only and package bookings and down and the trendline is bad.

Their ways to "juice" gate clicks from offsite guests to offset onsite declines are limited, and they've nearly exhausted the ways that are least-disruptive to the bottom line.

I expect some more meaningful "enhancements" for onsite stays via promotions to come soon. Summer is calling.
…I see where you’re going…

Halloween party June 1!!!!

Then alternating Xmas/halloween every night from 8/1 on!!!

Maybe they could close at 2 and do Halloween from 3-6 and Xmas from 6-9?

🤔

Let’s get serious about unprecedented demand!!

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Room-only and package bookings and down and the trendline is bad.

Their ways to "juice" gate clicks from offsite guests to offset onsite declines are limited, and they've nearly exhausted the ways that are least-disruptive to the bottom line.

I expect some more meaningful "enhancements" for onsite stays via promotions to come soon. Summer is calling.
Has Tiana’s announced arrival boosted summer bookings? Have you perceived an uptick in bookings in the last two weeks?

LSLS

anyone want to guess how much G+ goes up in 2025 as well?
Honestly I wonder if they are considering moving to a more Universal/Cedar Point model with the idea of booking days in advance. Which would line right up with a massive increase in price.

JD80

1709045105627.png

This is a better way of looking at it since most vacationers aren't buying single day tickets. I picked the date of October 13, 2025. Cost of single day tickets on the left, cost of a multi-day ticket package on the right.

Moving down you'll see cost per ticket depending on how many you buy together. Then the last two rows will show the savings per ticket based on $169 as a single ticket. You'll also see the delta which is the cost savings per ticket as you buy more. Formula remains basically the same as 2024.

Indy_UK

Honestly I wonder if they are considering moving to a more Universal/Cedar Point model with the idea of booking days in advance. Which would line right up with a massive increase in price.

I think it will be best to move to this model but they will prefer to keep it the same but charge $100 a day

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re in a pickle then. They want to continuously increase prices but don’t want to invest
They can’t afford to invest…which is the only way to make more money and sustain it

And they can’t afford to show a loss in their parks division…which is their most valuable segment now by a lot.

The second one they’re getting close to - however

Their “profits” are from increased prices as they lose customer base.

PREMiERdrum

Has Tiana’s announced arrival boosted summer bookings? Have you perceived an uptick in bookings in the last two weeks?
No on either count, but that was never really a fair expectation of a single-component announcement. TBA's opening will be a welcome return of capacity for whatever crowds materialize this summer, but the target guest is unfazed by it.

However, TBA will be "new" in Disney speak into early 2025, and it will be a meaningful component in their messaging throughout this year ahead of holiday and 2025 bookings. A compliment of "NEW ways to experience the magic (Genie+ changes), NEW benefits for Walt Disney World Resort Hotel guests, NEW entertainment offerings, and the BRAND NEW Tiana's Bayou Adventure" could give them a successful campaign if their goal is to turn around the hotel business and increase guest satisfaction.

They don't have to - a definitely shouldn't try to - counter EU's opening and UO's resort growth with something of similar scale. Yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unfortunately that’s all but a given

People are gonna get exactly what they cried about for 5 years: paid fastpass+

But now…it’s paid…and the angst will be ratcheted up

Everyone supported this for years…you reap what you sow

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No on either count, but that was never really a fair expectation of a single-component announcement. TBA's opening will be a welcome return of capacity for whatever crowds materialize this summer, but the target guest is unfazed by it.

However, TBA will be "new" in Disney speak into early 2025, and it will be a meaningful component in their messaging throughout this year ahead of holiday and 2025 bookings. A compliment of "NEW ways to experience the magic (Genie+ changes), NEW benefits for Walt Disney World Resort Hotel guests, NEW entertainment offerings, and the BRAND NEW Tiana's Bayou Adventure" could give them a successful campaign if their goal is to turn around the hotel business and increase guest satisfaction.

They don't have to - a definitely shouldn't try to - counter EU's opening and UO's resort growth with something of similar scale. Yet.

Oh that’s not gonna work. They have basically eliminated their middle class audience and that’s what that type of campaign worked on.

The only way to stop the bleeding now is massive discounting.

But that’s just my hunch…let’s see how it plays?

MrPromey

With tax, we have now crossed the $200 dollar rubicon with peak MK tickets. $189, times 0.06 sales tax rate

Lord. I don’t know how a family does it, I really don’t.

Who in their right mind would pay $200 per person to be stuck in the Magic Kingdom on 4th of July?

Being there on a day like that is bad enough. Paying more than a grand to be there (after food, G+, etc.) to be there on a day like that feels like madness.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who in their right mind would pay $200 per person to be stuck in the Magic Kingdom on 4th of July?

Being there on a day like that is bad enough.
The Fourth of July isn’t bad at all…except the heat…because they have long hours and the summer crowds have shrunk

It’s Tuesdays in October or mid January with crappy early closures for upsells that make the place miserable now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom