Disney World Lawsuit

Oddysey

Does Disney have anything written on the container saying "warning cheese hot" or anything like that!?!

Unfortunately this is a valid question from a law standpoint, but what does it say about our society when we need to be warned that melted cheese may be hot.

llrain

i'd personally would have sent her packing too.
Sadly I have a in-law family member who sued a local hotel for slipping on ice in a parking lot saying she is suffering from the fall on her hand/wrist. Mind you
she has allready been diagnosed with Artheritis years ago.
Even months after the fall she claimed in the lawsuit that she was still in pain from the fall while at the same time running around the yard all the time with the grandkids and playing catch with this arm/hand/wrist.
And after the fall itself she went to the hospital immediately and was never diagnosed with a fracture or a sprain to indicate extreme suffering either.
yet they settled with her and she now has 2 new HD tv's, a new car and had the
best ever Christmas celebration at her house this past christmas thanks to the hotel. it made me sick seeing this. Its wrong, its all wrong, this world is flipped out.
I saw it first hand. There's nothing wrong with the parents supposedly suffering...
People in this day and age have no sense of patriotism for this country or their own families. All they care about is me me me and how to get ahead by suing.
So ya I would send her packing too.
Also you will never find me on a jury, when i get the cards for duty, I faithfully withdraw myself as being biased and would not have an open mind about what I am judging.

So you are saying it is OK to serve someone a beverage that is hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns in a matter of just a few seconds? What would have happened if this woman did something really crazy like say pour it in her mouth?

Alektronic

As for the Small World suit, I've never been to Disneyland, but if IASW is similar to its Florida counterpart, then there is likely only one exit for someone in a wheelchair, and that is the load/unload area. If it were being evac'd for a fire or something of that magnitude, then he probably would've been the first one removed from the ride. Just sit back and enjoy the ride...or not, but you don't need to sue because you had to listen to the music for 40 minutes! These kinds of lawsuits make me want to scream!

If the ride has to be evacuated and there is a handicapped or wheelchair on the ride, Operations CM's are not allowed to help them. They need to call Reedy Creek or at DLR they need to call the paramedics. They are the only ones qualified to help the disabled off the ride when not on the load/unload platform.

inluvwithbeast

So Disney should serve cold nacho cheese (under 38 degrees or whatever the max temp for refrigeration is) and just give free FPs to everyone who complains! Problem solved. :lookaroun

Purpilia25

People need to take responsiblity for themselves. So waht if the cheese was too hot! You should be able to tell if it is going to burn your mouth before you bite into it. And if you don't, well, you get over it. Otherwise, I suggest Disney serve all of their food at room temperature. Same with every other food service provider. Obviously the human race has devolved so much, that we are incapable of even determining the difference between hot and cold and their potential side effects on our bodies.

thewhitequeen

Unfortunately this is a valid question from a law standpoint, but what does it say about our society when we need to be warned that melted cheese may be hot.

It's really disgraceful some people are always looking for a reason to screw someone else for their own stupidity. It probably took them a year to find an ambulance chaser to take their case. :rolleyes:

me_stitch

Premium Member
I had a bbq sandwich last night at a basketball game, it was dry and I had to buy a water to wash it down. I think I'm going to sue the school for the extra money it cost me and the emotional distress it caused, and maybe false advertising because the picture looked really good. :ROFLOL:

smk

That comment on the evac and handicap people was an eye opener. I wonder if many people who take their handicap kids know that? I sure didn't, but I don't have any kids/family that are handicapped either. Wonder if the CM's could have got the boat back to a loading area he could have been helped off the ride by his family members? Can those boats be pushed, or are they on tracks? Surely they are/were capable of loading him, or assisting him on the ride, why not off the ride too? Strange.

smk

If the ride has to be evacuated and there is a handicapped or wheelchair on the ride, Operations CM's are not allowed to help them. They need to call Reedy Creek or at DLR they need to call the paramedics. They are the only ones qualified to help the disabled off the ride when not on the load/unload platform.
^^^ This is the post I was commenting on above.

coffeebean

My guess is the kid was standing right underneath the parents when they were buying the nachos. Maybe the parent didn't have a proper grasp on the container, maybe the CM handed it to them kind of on a angle, or who knows... and then the cheese sauce split landing on the kid's face!?! :shrug:

I've had the nachos once! The sauce can be hot for the first five seconds but I don't see it causing "severe" burns!?!
I saw a picture of the child on TV. The burns are on his upper lip and above the lip to his nose. It is not pretty.

BiggerTigger

This is why I can't stand lawyers. Nothing but money hungry animals willing to sue for anything brought into their offices.

i'd personally would have sent her packing too.
Sadly I have a in-law family member who sued a local hotel for slipping on ice in a parking lot saying she is suffering from the fall on her hand/wrist. Mind you
she has allready been diagnosed with Artheritis years ago.
Even months after the fall she claimed in the lawsuit that she was still in pain from the fall while at the same time running around the yard all the time with the grandkids and playing catch with this arm/hand/wrist.
And after the fall itself she went to the hospital immediately and was never diagnosed with a fracture or a sprain to indicate extreme suffering either.
yet they settled with her and she now has 2 new HD tv's, a new car and had the
best ever Christmas celebration at her house this past christmas thanks to the hotel. it made me sick seeing this. Its wrong, its all wrong, this world is flipped out.
I saw it first hand. There's nothing wrong with the parents supposedly suffering...
People in this day and age have no sense of patriotism for this country or their own families. All they care about is me me me and how to get ahead by suing.
So ya I would send her packing too.
Also you will never find me on a jury, when i get the cards for duty, I faithfully withdraw myself as being biased and would not have an open mind about what I am judging.
Ironic that you "can't stand lawyers" for being money hungry and you had an in-law that fraudulently sued a hotel for slipping in the parking lot. Attorney's only represent their client's claims. Granted there are some scrupulous attorneys out there. Then again, you did nothing to come forward about your in-law, making you just as culpable.

The sad fact is that if it wasn't for some people we wouldn't have to had warnings on many things like not to use a hairdryer while showering, or not eating absorbent packets in new shoes.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom