Disney World Lawsuit

captainkidd

Eh, this actually might be one of those suits that Disney loses. If the kid was burned, right or wrong, Disney's gonna get the blame for it.

I wonder if I could sue Reithoffers. That's the big amusement park company that travels all over the country. Last year, I took my son on one of those giant slides with the big sacks. I burned the crap out of my leg on the way down from the sack. I still have the scar on my leg, and it's been about 8 months.

Pioneer Hall

Eh, this actually might be one of those suits that Disney loses. If the kid was burned, right or wrong, Disney's gonna get the blame for it.

I wonder if I could sue Reithoffers. That's the big amusement park company that travels all over the country. Last year, I took my son on one of those giant slides with the big sacks. I burned the crap out of my leg on the way down from the sack. I still have the scar on my leg, and it's been about 8 months.

You absolutely could, and you would probably get something as well since that has become the world that we live in.

jakeman

How did he get it on his face?

Did they notify Disney immediately?

Was he treated at an area hospital? Severe burns would indicated 2nd or 3rd degree and would usually require immediate medical attention.

It is also interesting that they stated that there was "no regulation" on the temperature of the cheese. This would cast doubt on any evidence that Disney presents that the cheese is kept at X temperature.

Lots of questions in this one and not much information.

Oh and in before, "this is what the legal system should be used for because the common man is devoid of any common sense".

captainkidd

You absolutely could, and you would probably get something as well since that has become the world that we live in.

No way I could prove that's what it was from. Granted, my leg was bleeding like hell after it happened, but the only witnesses to it were my wife and my father.

DisneyJoe

No way I could prove that's what it was from. Granted, my leg was bleeding like hell after it happened, but the only witnesses to it were my wife and my father.

You didn't file an accident report with the ride operator after it happened, even though your leg was bleeding?

DisneyJoe

Nope. It was a traveling county fair. The ride operator had 6 teeth and was wearing clothes older than me.

Many of the traveling fairs are held to local and state inspection laws that are stricter than what WDW has to adhere to; I would have filed a report with their onsite manager, or the local police if someone else wasn't available.

NewfieFan

How did he get it on his face?

Did they notify Disney immediately?

Was he treated at an area hospital? Severe burns would indicated 2nd or 3rd degree and would usually require immediate medical attention.

It is also interesting that they stated that there was "no regulation" on the temperature of the cheese. This would cast doubt on any evidence that Disney presents that the cheese is kept at X temperature.

Lots of questions in this one and not much information.

Oh and in before, "this is what the legal system should be used for because the common man is devoid of any common sense".

My guess is the kid was standing right underneath the parents when they were buying the nachos. Maybe the parent didn't have a proper grasp on the container, maybe the CM handed it to them kind of on a angle, or who knows... and then the cheese sauce split landing on the kid's face!?! :shrug:

I've had the nachos once! The sauce can be hot for the first five seconds but I don't see it causing "severe" burns!?!

captainkidd

Many of the traveling fairs are held to local and state inspection laws that are stricter than what WDW has to adhere to; I would have filed a report with their onsite manager, or the local police if someone else wasn't available.

At the time, I thought it might just be a scratch/tear of the skin and would heal. I had no idea that almost a year later I would still have a scar.

jakeman

My guess is the kid was standing right underneath the parents when they were buying the nachos. Maybe the parent didn't have a proper grasp on the container, maybe the CM handed it to them kind of on a angle, or who knows... and then the cheese sauce split landing on the kid's face!?! :shrug:

I've had the nachos once! The sauce can be hot for the first five seconds but I don't see it causing "severe" burns!?!
Things that are not even very hot can burn if left on the skin long enough and the heat (which is energy) at the contact point can't dissipate.

We had a saying in lab in college that "steam burns twice". It would get you once as steam, but once that energy was gone and it because almost boiling water, it would burn again. Not that I think this kid encountered nacho steam, but that is just a poorly thought out example.

NewfieFan

They do have caution labels on the self serve cheese dispensers. You can see examples here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/12/24/cheese-in-disney-world/

I'm wondering if this is the nachos that the CMs put the cheese on (or to the side) for you then hands you the container.

They may have a case if there's nothing written on the container or they can somehow prove the CM handed them the container in a "careless" manner causing it to spill on their child's face.

Not that I agree with the lawsuit... I think it sounds a bit questionable myself!?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom