Disney World in October

PoppinsFan

We are thinking about planning a trip the end of October. We have been to Disney the past few years in May for the Flower Festival. Looking for any advice on crowds, weather (is this still hurricane season), any events that will be taking place. Any info. would be great.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
It is a great time to go! Temps are great and although technically you are still in hurricane season, you are at the end of it. We went for my bday (which is the 29th) two years ago and it was brilliant! We went to the MNSVSCP - which is a must! Also, taking a hay ride over at Fort Wilderness is a nice "Fall" thing to do. Definitely hit the Halloween party!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I agree, I think it's a great time to go! The temps aren't too high, and it's not too crowded. October crowds are picking up but still nothing compared to summer!:)

Upvote 0

pacochran

The first two years we went it was in October and loved it. The only reason we changed the time of year going is October became my busy time of year at my job. The weather is great, though my wife wasn't to thrilled with the days it was in the 90's. The crowds were great, not long wait times. One year we went around Columbus day and it was a little busier but not that much. I would say go that time of year, and you get to experience the Halloween party.

Upvote 0

wdwCC

We went this past October and it was perfect. High 70's - low 80's, it rained about 5 minutes the whole trip, and the crowds were manageable. Did MNSSHP and walked on several rides.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

We have gone the past 12 years the last week in October and stay for 10 days. Perfect time to go. Low to mid 80's during the day and 65-70 at night. No afternoon thunderstorms and no humidity. You also have MNSSHP and the Food & Wine. Crowds are not bad at all. Our favorite time of year to go.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

We've been there 2 times in Oct and plan on making it 3 this year. I remember the weather being great. Much better than the summer. We love MNSSHP. My kids had a blast trick or treating around the MK. The only day we found long lines was our last Sat in MK. It was not long after a hurricane had hit and there were lots of locals in the park for some reason. Not sure if Disney gave free/discounted tickets to certain groups but we waited forever for Pooh. (last ride my dd wanted to do before we left)

I can't wait to be there this Oct.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
This past October 21-25 it was wonderful!

Little or no rain. 70-80 all day. Nights got a bit cool, but manageable. Some mornings, however, were VERY cold. Sweatshirts were required for a couple of hours in the morning.

Crowds seem like they're low - and they are. 15-20 min wait is nothing, and that's what we just had in January too.

Try to avoid October 31, and weekends if you can. Locals come out on the weekends, like cockroaches, and take the park attendance and waits from 20 to 60 in a snap.

Upvote 0

Boray

I must echo what everyone has said. As you can see by my signature, that's when our family usually goes. We love the Food and Wine Festival! We like to "eat around the world", and although it is more expensive to do than a sit-down dinner, it is much more fun! I highly recommend WDW in October!

Upvote 0

disneychick53

We are thinking about planning a trip the end of October. We have been to Disney the past few years in May for the Flower Festival. Looking for any advice on crowds, weather (is this still hurricane season), any events that will be taking place. Any info. would be great.
One of our many trips is always in October the weathers great the lines are great the Halloween party is great February is great March is great lets just say going there is great any time but june july august sept toooooo hot

Upvote 0

Princess Ashlie

Perfect Time of Year

I have been to Disney three times in the past three years all of which I have been in October and it was perfect. The weather is warm enough to swim, only one rainy day per trip, the lines are short and most kids are in school. :king:

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We tried October for the first time this last year. We had been going in January and February.

It wasn't quite as slow as we had been getting used to, but it wasn't crazy busy.

It was great not having to wear parkas and such on some days. It rained on us a few times which we weren't used to, but it wasn't bad at all.

The decorations at that time are fabulous.

Overall, I would say that October is a great time to go.

Upvote 0

fascion216

OCTOBER IS GREAT! its the time of year i go every year... i cant really say too much more of anything that hasnt already been said. the weather is great except for some rain on a few days of my last trip. the mickeys not so scary halloween party is a must! as is the epcot food & wine festival! it wasnt all that crowded for me except that saturday that the magic kingdom had evening extra magic hours and was open till midnight. it was a madhouse!

Upvote 0

nankeldisney821

Since we are on the subject of October, which by the way is a great time to go...I have been many times at that time of year, anyway, does anyone know the dates of the Halloween party for this year? I have a friend interested in going then but wanted to give her the dates of the party so they could make sure they go at the right time. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Since we are on the subject of October, which by the way is a great time to go...I have been many times at that time of year, anyway, does anyone know the dates of the Halloween party for this year? I have a friend interested in going then but wanted to give her the dates of the party so they could make sure they go at the right time. Thanks!

I'm waiting on those dates too. As far as I know they haven't released them yet.

Upvote 0

I live in south florida and in 05 we had wilma a week before halloween but that was extremely rare. Hurricane season is usually over end early sept/oct. so you should be good. Were probally going Oct 21-27. Have fun. Aren't you so excited. I know I am.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom