Disney Wish

Club Cooloholic

I don't understand the desire for more upcharge restaurants, personally. I'm paying a premium price for this cruise. Why do I then want to pay another $100 per meal for my wife and me? I don't even like to book shore excursions that provide lunch, because I know I'm paying for a meal I could have "for free" on the ship.
I think the upcharge works to give parents or those not cruising with kids a more quiet and refined atmosphere. That said, I agree, I hope the focus remains on making the main restaurants themed. I loved the Rapunzel on on the Magic.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I for one am glad they are keeping the number of staterooms the same while enlarging the ships slightly compared to the dream and fantasy. I like a big ship. But I don’t want to huge ship that is so crowded you pretty much have to to continuously wait it likes for all those “extra” activities. The only thing I wait in line for on DCL is if we want to do a M&G and even then I won’t wait too long for those.

The DCL ships have the perfect amount of stuff to do for our family. And the adult areas are perfect to us. I’m looking forward to the Wish continuing that.

EOD K9

I for one am glad they are keeping the number of staterooms the same while enlarging the ships slightly compared to the dream and fantasy. I like a big ship. But I don’t want to huge ship that is so crowded you pretty much have to to continuously wait it likes for all those “extra” activities. The only thing I wait in line for on DCL is if we want to do a M&G and even then I won’t wait too long for those.

The DCL ships have the perfect amount of stuff to do for our family. And the adult areas are perfect to us. I’m looking forward to the Wish continuing that.
Also, even with a full sailing, Castaway Cay doesn’t seem crowded. I couldn’t imagine a ship like the Oasis of the Seas with that size crowd on the island.

Jonathan Dalecki

I don't understand the desire for more upcharge restaurants, personally. I'm paying a premium price for this cruise. Why do I then want to pay another $100 per meal for my wife and me? I don't even like to book shore excursions that provide lunch, because I know I'm paying for a meal I could have "for free" on the ship.

I'd be interested in something akin to Remy...I think it's good to have at least one restaurant that's a little more upscale, for those who want it. Sort of a floating Victoria & Alberts. But I definitely agree they don't need more than one per ship...the rotational restaurants are great, and the menu variety over a 7 night cruise is varied and exciting enough for our family.

ChuckElias

I think it's good to have at least one restaurant that's a little more upscale, for those who want it. Sort of a floating Victoria & Alberts. But I definitely agree they don't need more than one per ship.
Hey, now. Slow your roll, there, Albert. :D You want an upscale restaurant like Remy, I have no objection. But we can't get rid of Palo. It's the original signature restaurant of the cruise line. It's famous for its brunch. AND, perhaps most importantly. . . I get a free Palo meal on every cruise as a Platinum Castaway Club member!

So we are not giving up Palo anytime soon, if I have anything to say about it. (Which, sadly, I don't :( )

Jonathan Dalecki

Hey, now. Slow your roll, there, Albert. :D You want an upscale restaurant like Remy, I have no objection. But we can't get rid of Palo. It's the original signature restaurant of the cruise line. It's famous for its brunch. AND, perhaps most importantly. . . I get a free Palo meal on every cruise as a Platinum Castaway Club member!

So we are not giving up Palo anytime soon, if I have anything to say about it. (Which, sadly, I don't :( )

Oh, sweet, I'm about to ascend to Platinum status...that's a cool perk.

And yeah, Palo has to stay...that brunch is a must every time. But they could change out Remy for something with a different flair.

Thinking more about restaurants, if they wanted one that continued the Tangled and Princess and Frog tradition, I think a Frozen theme, where you're in Arandelle could work, especially with Frozen 2 about to juice that franchise. I'd also love a Sleeping Beauty themed King Stefan's.

DCLcruiser

And yeah, Palo has to stay...that brunch is a must every time. But they could change out Remy for something with a different flair.

Thinking more about restaurants, if they wanted one that continued the Tangled and Princess and Frog tradition, I think a Frozen theme, where you're in Arandelle could work, especially with Frozen 2 about to juice that franchise. I'd also love a Sleeping Beauty themed King Stefan's.
A Frozen restaurant might destroy sales of the other ships.

EOD K9

I have two cruises booked next year. The second one being my number 11. I too, am looking forward to my free Palo meal.

ToTBellHop

Is the expectation that this ship will begin its sailings next June and that they’ll announce that once summer 2022 opens for booking?

Is it still planned to take Dream’s routes from Canaveral?

DCLcruiser

Is the expectation that this ship will begin its sailings next June and that they’ll announce that once summer 2022 opens for booking?

Is it still planned to take Dream’s routes from Canaveral?
I would guess that the largest ship would be used to sail to the highest volume/cheapest priced route...so, yes, Dream's routes to the Bahamas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom