Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Figment82

Registered for the 5K and waiver signed. Got in much faster shortly after 10 than jumping into the queue when registrations opened around 9:45.
I’ve noticed that happened with Springtime registration as well. I had joined the queue shortly after it opened, but those who joined “late” were experiencing almost zero waits. Very strange system.

Glad you were successful!

Surferboy567

While very stressful, I am happy to report that both myself and friend are in the for 5K and full challenge.

This will be my first in person half, wine & dine, and two course challenge.

It will be my friend’s first half as well, wine & dine, and two course challenge.

EDIT: Am curious to see how long this lasts.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I’ve noticed that happened with Springtime registration as well. I had joined the queue shortly after it opened, but those who joined “late” were experiencing almost zero waits. Very strange system.

Glad you were successful!

Thanks.

Just when we think we've gotten runDisney figured out, they change things, lol.

LAKid53

Premium Member
While very stressful, I am happy to report that both myself and friend are in the for 5K and full challenge.

This will be my first in person half, wine & dine, and two course challenge.

It will be my friend’s first half as well, wine & dine, and two course challenge.

EDIT: Am curious to see how long this lasts.

It's a fun weekend.

Surferboy567

Not unexpected. I think people were hesitant last year due to COVID. Both races are always the 1st to sell out.

In years past, races were gone within 30 minutes.
I figured it wouldn’t last long. That was part of the reason I was so stressed.

It did last a little longer then Springtime Surprise. Not by much though.

EDIT: Had a similar queueing experience to you.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I figured it wouldn’t last long. That was part of the reason I was so stressed.

It did last a little longer then Springtime Surprise. Not by much though.

EDIT: Had a similar queueing experience to you.

There's lots of grumbling on Facebook about how quickly the races sold out. People were inputting credit card info and discovered bibs were gone. Frankly, I think if you get all the way to that point, a bib should be earmarked for you.

Figment82

There's lots of grumbling on Facebook about how quickly the races sold out. People were inputting credit card info and discovered bibs were gone. Frankly, I think if you get all the way to that point, a bib should be earmarked for you.
Totally agree. Like when you buy concert tickets, they give you a timer where you have to input all of your information or you loose your spot. It’s really not fair, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the required fields.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Does anyone know how many the sell? I know they usually open it back up later in the year.
For Wine and Dine, there were a little less than 10,000 finishers each for the 10k and Half in 2021. In the 3 years before Covid, there were about 12,000-13,000 finishers in the 10k and Half. When you factor in folks that either don’t show up or do not finish, I’m guessing total sold would be another 1000-1500 over that, but that’s just my own speculation.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom