Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It really doesn't make a difference to me since I have never run these races, but I like the way Marathon Weekend has
always had their races attached to a character. 5k (Pluto) 10k (Oswald) Half (Donald Duck) Marathon (Mickey Mouse)
and then the Goofy and Dopey challenges.

The 10K character has fluctuated over the past few years - I really like my Minnie medal from the 2019 10K.

surfsupdon

I’m not the biggest fan of the themes and echo others comments I miss the food theme (seems the name of the run should change to fall something) but I’m very pleased it’s not villains again.
I did think that "Wickedly Delicious" was a creative, neat approach. But this year, it just seems like its all about Harmonious...music and characters from Disney movies around the world. Gag!

Texas84

Not my picture but I do have this one. Classic.
27ed1c0366473321eed30f306a7f953e.jpg

Surferboy567

Right now here is my plan for Tuesday. Unfortunately, I will not be home. Which means I will only have access to one device.

At the moment, I plan on registering myself for the 5K and challenge. Joining right in the queue the minute it opens. After (hopefully) I am successful and checked out. I plan on hopping back into the queue for my friend. I feel like it may be too risky to try and add another person while I am registering myself. It would probably lead to a harder time for myself to secure registration in the first place.

My question is how worried should I be about registration? The only other in person race registration that I have partaken in was Springtime Surprise. Where the challenge and 5K didn’t last very long. I also didn’t have to register other people and had two devices.

Do we think Wine & Dine registration will take longer to sell out then Springtime Surprise? I hope so, does my strategy sound good?

EDIT: The challenge is what I am really after, I would also like to be in the 5K but the challenge is the priority since it contains the 10K and Half.

EDIT #2: Should I try and register for the challenge for both at the same time then reenter the queue for the 5K? Or just do one at a time?

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Right now here is my plan for Tuesday. Unfortunately, I will not be home. Which means I will only have access to one device.

At the moment, I plan on registering myself for the 5K and challenge. Joining right in the queue the minute it opens. After (hopefully) I am successful and checked out. I plan on hopping back into the queue for my friend. I feel like it may be too risky to try and add another person while I am registering myself. It would probably lead to a harder time for myself to secure registration in the first place.

My question is how worried should I be about registration? The only other in person race registration that I have partaken in was Springtime Surprise. Where the challenge and 5K didn’t last very long. I also didn’t have to register other people and had two devices.

Do we think Wine & Dine registration will take longer to sell out then Springtime Surprise? I hope so, does my strategy sound good?

EDIT: The challenge is what I am really after, I would also like to be in the 5K but the challenge is the priority since it contains the 10K and Half.

EDIT #2: Should I try and register for the challenge for both at the same time then reenter the queue for the 5K? Or just do one at a time?
Here’s what I would do:

Jump in the queue a few minutes early on a phone and a computer browser (or two or three) and register yourself for the 5k and challenge with the first one to get through (for the last several race weekends, positions in the queue are assigned randomly when registration opens to those in the early queue), then register your friend on the next one in line. If you wait and rejoin the queue after you registered yourself it will place you in the back of the line and result in less of a chance of getting the second registration.

If you do multiple browsers, make sure it is separate browsers (i.e. one chrome, one Firefox, and one Microsoft), not separate windows of the same browser (like two tabs in Firefox trying to get in will not give you multiple positions in the queue because the cookies the browser uses).

I had a 5k entry locked out while trying to register a second person for the Springtime Surprise and read about many other folks with similar experiences. So, unless your trip is contingent on both of you getting the race entries you want, I’d probably recommend taking care of your own first.

Also, I think historically the 5k tends to sell out faster than the challenge for Wine and Dine

Surferboy567

Jump in the queue a few minutes early on a phone and a computer browser (or two or three) and register yourself with the first one to get through (for the last several race weekends, positions in the queue are assigned randomly when registration opens to those in the early queue), then register your friend on the next one in line. If you wait and rejoin the queue after you registered yourself it will place you in the back of the line and result in less of a chance of getting the second registration.

If you do multiple browsers, make sure it is separate browsers (i.e. one chrome, one Firefox, and one Microsoft), not separate windows of the same browser (like two tabs in Firefox trying to get in will not give you multiple positions in the queue because the cookies the browser uses).

I had a 5k entry locked out while trying to register a second person for the Springtime Surprise and read about many other folks with similar experiences. So, unless your trip is contingent on both of you getting the race entries you want, I’d probably recommend taking care of your own first.
I can try and get two phones but right now I may only have access to one phone. Not sure if I’ll have the computer as well.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Rookie question here. When you register for the 5K, can you register multiple at once (me, wife, and daughter) or do you have to brave the queue for each? I did it last year but I was by myself.

You can register more than one person in a "session". However, your bibs aren't reserved until you pay - you'll have to fill in the info for each person. Spots can sell out as you're filling in the info for each runner.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That was wild...5K registration opened later than the other races.

In the spinning blue circle of death.

surfsupdon

Good luck y'all.

I have plans to be in Hawaii that week, so for now I am not registering. I love my Wine&Dine weekends tho, and will certainly miss the atmosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom