Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Ariel484

Indeed it is. I like it but I am definitely disappointed that I won't ever get a SSE medal.

Really like te Pluto 5K medallion for Marathon Weekend. Adorable! Thanks for posting @a2grafix !!

Ariel484

Looking to potentially run the 2014 W&D. When do they typically open registration?
I think it was mid-March this past year. They'll have a section on rundisney.com where you can sign up for an email reminder. Bother probably won't have that up until after this year's race. Definitely sign up ASAP after registrstion opens if you really want to run this race...it'll be the 5th anniversary in 2014 and anniversary races tend to sell out quickly.

Ariel484

Wine+Dine+2013+Medal.jpg

Still haven't seen a picture of the Jingle Jungle medallion yet. Looks like it might not be on display at the DL expo.

Mad Stitch

I like it more now that I have seen a better pic. I think if they would have taken the shiny parts of this medal and replaced the matte finish with the Spaceship Earth look, that would have made a very nice medal.

a2grafix

Crossing fingers the Polynesian will be a race resort hotel. The Poly is a race resort hotel for the 2013 Tower 10 miler, so bus transportation will be provided to and from. I'm staying at Shades of Green and it would be so more convenient for me to just walk across the street to the Poly or get dropped off at the Poly or Transportation and Ticket Center after the Wine and Dine run.

For the 2012 Tower run I had to get the Shady Shuttle to the top of Shades, take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, take a bus to Boardwalk, and take a runner's only bus from Boardwalk to Studios. Hopefully I just need to take one bus to get me to ESPN on both expo days and race evening. Heck I would just be happy to not take a taxi back to Shades after running 13.1 and walking an extra 1-3 miles at the food festival.

cloe111479

Getting closer to my first RunDisney race. I have been working on getting faster for my Jingle Jungle 5k, as well as, starting my 1/2 marathon training.

Did the NFL run series her in NOLA and finished with a 47:07. I was thrilled.

Then this past friday,I did a very low key 5k through my gym and shocked myself coming in at 46:11!! I can only get faster from here right! :)

Texas84

You could always check certain travel agents, such as runwiththemouse :p

I'm broke from the Disneyland trip and we are using the DVC points for a non-running family trip in November. So I really have no right to whine. :) But this is easily my favorite Disney run. Looking forward to hearing from the first-timers.

a2grafix

I'm 4168 for the half marathon. Thanks @Ariel484 ! I "B"elieve I might be in "B" corral as well, based on my time and my "B" corral placement for the Disneyland Half. Or I could be in "C" since runDisney at WDW does the corral start times a little differently.

Regardless, time is almost here.

Ariel484

Well, now I'm not sure about the corrals. I recently saw the corral listing for the Tower of Terror 10-miler and there are J corrals! In 2012 it went up to Corral D. So I think this falls in line with runDisney's promises to try to reduce course crowding. We shall see! I'm hoping they'll post the corrals next week after ToT is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom