Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Surferboy567

I’m torn to register for this or the Star Wars Virtual Half.

Leaning toward Star Wars but you also get a shirt with this one...really not sure the medals are just ok the Ursula one isn’t that bad. Pricing though is high. Not sure what to do.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Well...runners what do we think?

I can't believe it!!! runDisney listened to me! /sarcasm 😉

I wonder if the percentage of runners deciding to get a full refund was probably more than they anticipated. Or that was their plan all along... Great for those who weren't able to register in March for the on-property races. But still expensive for a virtual, even with a t-shirt and medal.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Leaning toward Star Wars but you also get a shirt with this one...really not sure the medals are just ok the Ursula one isn’t that bad. Pricing though is high. Not sure what to do.

I believe the SW Virtual Half was about the same price.

Surferboy567

I believe the SW Virtual Half was about the same price.

That Ursula shirt and medal isn’t too bad either. I think the kronk shirt is better but not a huge fan of the medal. I dig the 10k one the most. Just wondering if Star Wars virtual has the potential to be better.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That Ursula shirt and medal isn’t too bad either. I think the kronk shirt is better but not a huge fan of the medal. I dig the 10k one the most. Just wondering if Star Wars virtual has the potential to be better.

We never get a shirt, just a medal.

Surferboy567

We never get a shirt, just a medal.

When you register for the Wine and Dine you get a shirt as well as a medal.

If you are talking about Star Wars then I agree.

Star Wars Virtual is 59 dollars
Wine and Dine 10k is 99 dollars

Honestly 40 dollars doesn’t seem too unreasonable for a shirt of good quality. It’s been hard to get runDisney merch.

I just know I’ll be upset if the Star Wars virtual rolls around and has a better medal.

EDIT: Also worth noting that the 5K is 79 dollars so you are roughly paying 20 dollars for a shirt which isn’t a bad deal. They are overpriced though and that is fine.

LAKid53

Premium Member
When you register for the Wine and Dine you get a shirt as well as a medal.

If you are talking about Star Wars then I agree.

Star Wars Virtual is 59 dollars
Wine and Dine 10k is 99 dollars

Honestly 40 dollars doesn’t seem too unreasonable for a shirt of good quality. It’s been hard to get runDisney merch.

I just know I’ll be upset if the Star Wars virtual rolls around and has a better medal.

EDIT: Also worth noting that the 5K is 79 dollars so you are roughly paying 20 dollars for a shirt which isn’t a bad deal. They are overpriced though and that is fine.

SW Virtual medals have been great so far.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Do we still have until the first couple of days of August to get a full refund? I’m signed up for all 3 now and accidentally registered under my old account back during normal sign up. I’m thinking I may try to register for just the Half under my normal runDisney account then opt for refunds on the original sign up, if that would even be an option timing-wise.

Surferboy567

Do we still have until the first couple of days of August to get a full refund? I’m signed up for all 3 now and accidentally registered under my old account back during normal sign up. I’m thinking I may try to register for just the Half under my normal runDisney account then opt for refunds on the original sign up, if that would even be an option timing-wise.

“Previously registered runners of the 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend have until August 5 to choose if they would like to participate in the virtual event. Other Guests wanting to register for one of the limited remaining event spots can plan to do so beginning on July 30 – head over to the event website for more information“.

- runDisney blog

I’m starting to think about maybe possibly going for the 10K. On the fence about it we shall see.

RunningKoen

Exactly how I feel. I need some US adress however, upping the cost of any virtual.

Surferboy567

I also registered for the 10K! Hopefully it is worth it.

Registered for the 10K! It’ll be my first. But I’m panicking about the shirt size. I did women’s medium. I usually wear a medium in regular unisex Disney shirts. Will it be too small?

Same here concern about the shirt size except in Men’s. Luckily you can change it in your profile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom